-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:07:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  People Are Assholes Episode One
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: People Are Assholes Episode One  (Read 6933 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: November 25, 2012, 12:02:07 AM »

Episode One: Fun Behind the Wheel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZnl6101Ces&feature=g-all-u

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 12:08:29 AM »

Ya know, that's how I've always imagined you're voice sounding like.

A discipline daddy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 12:26:39 AM »

LOL I get that a lot.

I was trying so hard not to laugh while doing this. Watching this back, I noticed both the guy running the light, and also the pickup truck coming to a complete stop about half a block from the red light.

I got the Costco footage on video as well, including the guy putting the frozen fish in the clothing section, but I was shooting a training video at the time so probably can't use it.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 12:50:54 AM »

That was great Billy.  LOL
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 07:33:16 AM »

Thank ya...appreciate it. I got a huge kick out of doing that.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 09:53:25 AM »

I was waiting for the Costco footage! But I think you're right, it's not worth getting into legal issues by posting something like that if it were on-the-job video and not personal.

I wish I had a video back in 1999 or 2000 when I stopped into a retail store which shall stay unnamed for a last minute Christmas gift two days before the 25th, and the clothing section I walked through was full of shirts, pants, etc thrown all over the floor with hangers scattered around...then I saw a few people actually there doing it who thought throwing the clothing and hangar on the floor after trying it on for size and finding a poor fit was the normal way to do business.

I'd also pay to see follow-up video of people buying those giant jugs of mustard and mayo at Costco and Sam's Club and the like - just to see what the f*** they do with 5 gallons of mustard or mayo at home.  Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 10:32:59 AM »

Great video Billy. LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 11:01:42 AM »

I'd also pay to see follow-up video of people buying those giant jugs of mustard and mayo at Costco and Sam's Club and the like - just to see what the f*** they do with 5 gallons of mustard or mayo at home.

I'm not sure I want to know! LOL

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 06:25:56 AM »

My favorite thing that people do in stores is shove refrigerated or frozen stuff they don`t want behind dry/canned goods in the aisles. At least some lazy people still have the decency to throw their unwanted meat into the produce or dairy cooler.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 07:55:37 AM »

That little caesars sounds great.  Cheesy

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 03:33:57 PM »

agreed!

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 06:47:39 PM »

That little caesars sounds great.  Cheesy

LOL
That is a TERRIBLE location...damn crust tastes like a weird hybrid between cardboard and antelope ass.

My favorite thing that people do in stores is shove refrigerated or frozen stuff they don`t want behind dry/canned goods in the aisles. At least some lazy people still have the decency to throw their unwanted meat into the produce or dairy cooler.

It just occurred to me that while I videotaped the guy putting the frozen fish (from the meat dept.) in the clothing section, I neglected to put it back where it belonged. I complained, yet did nothing. Guess there's a little asshole in all of us LOL

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 06:57:50 PM »

agreed!

re: my voice...

Trips people out when they first hear me speak...a lot of people don't believe me when I say I was born and raised in Texas. My accent makes them think I'm from up north or something. Maybe it's the fact that I lived with my uncle as a kid, and he was a Sicilian who lived most of his life in NY.

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 11:58:45 AM »

I just watched part of this and realized it was directed towards me. I'm not sure why since we ultimately agreed on this issue. Otherwise, you begin with an entirely false premise that I "think there's no such thing as free will" and "it is outside stimuli that causes us to behave the way we do." That's a completely false attribution. More over, showing how people drive has exactly zero to do with an analysis that compares how people of various types react under particular conditions. Where are the advertisments in this video that are not shaping people's reactions?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 12:03:28 PM by rockandroll » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 12:48:44 PM »

Actually, it wasn't directed towards you; it was directed at something I read on Facebook earlier the same day, plus a conversation I had with a customer, which is why that thread here set me off in the first place. If it was directed towards you, I would have used an exact quote.

More over, showing how people drive has exactly zero to do with an analysis that compares how people of various types react under particular conditions.
No, but it has exactly everything to do with the point I was trying to make in the video itself. Did you see that guy in the white pickup? Made a right turn and immediate (dangerous) U-Turn just to avoid a red-light. The point is, people get tunnel vision. They want something (whether it's a trinket, or being 'first' and not having anyone in front of them), then by God they're going to get it, and f*** anybody else in their way.

Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 01:02:21 PM »

So, people are essentially selfish and brutal at their very core and will put themselves and others in harm's way just to be first or to get their hands on whatever trinket: therefore, there should be no government and the free market will just self-regulate us all into peace, happiness and prosperity?HuhHuh?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 01:12:34 PM »

So, people are essentially selfish and brutal at their very core and will put themselves and others in harm's way just to be first or to get their hands on whatever trinket:therefore, there should be no government and the free market will just self-regulate us all into peace, happiness and prosperity?HuhHuh?

Whoa...where did you get THAT from?!

Wanting reduced government is different from wanting NO government, but that has nothing to do with this subject at all. I think you got me mixed up with TRBB.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 01:17:47 PM by My Little Cthulhu » Logged

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 01:17:23 PM »

Well, you change your SN so often, it's hard not to get you mixed up...

My mistake!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 01:40:49 PM »

No worries

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 02:35:36 PM »

Actually, it wasn't directed towards you; it was directed at something I read on Facebook earlier the same day, plus a conversation I had with a customer, which is why that thread here set me off in the first place. If it was directed towards you, I would have used an exact quote.

Phewf! Sorry for the confusion.

More over, showing how people drive has exactly zero to do with an analysis that compares how people of various types react under particular conditions.
No, but it has exactly everything to do with the point I was trying to make in the video itself. Did you see that guy in the white pickup? Made a right turn and immediate (dangerous) U-Turn just to avoid a red-light. The point is, people get tunnel vision. They want something (whether it's a trinket, or being 'first' and not having anyone in front of them), then by God they're going to get it, and f*** anybody else in their way.
[/quote]

Well, I'm not sure if I necessary accept the analysis but nevertheless, I think that what you are talking about (which, yes, is something much different from what I was talking about) is by and large cultural, hence terms like the "Me" generation, and the "culture of entitlement." While what you are observing may be true, I do not think that allows us to generalize about humanity or "people" as a whole, nor do I think it tells us anything about human nature. What I do think it could tell us is that values become so entrenched and widely accepted that they take on the appearance of being natural.

But, really, you made an amusing video and I think that's what's really important. Maybe I should start a favourite comedian's thread and we can chat there too.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 03:03:51 PM »

I think it's probably an American thing, and yeah it may be more of a society/cultural thing.

And yeah, that's a great thread idea re:comedians.

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 07:53:22 PM »

I'd know that voice anywhere...

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 08:30:28 PM »

I want that voice taking over the second harmony line from Bruce on God Only Knows!!!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 08:31:09 PM »

:D

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: