gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681102 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 23, 2024, 02:30:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where is that %^&$@#&* MIC Box Set @#$%^&*(!!!  (Read 212472 times)
SonicVolcano
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: February 27, 2013, 01:10:16 AM »

Can't wait!

(and silently hoping that Carnegie Hall 1972 is the next project Grin)
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: February 27, 2013, 03:31:46 AM »

It was always announced as a career spanning box not just a huge rarities comp. There's going to be lots of goodies on it for sure. One can't help but wonder though that, hypothetically, at some point a guy could have been looking at a potential tracklist and thinking "Should we go for WIBNTLA or Barbara Ann"?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #977 on: February 27, 2013, 04:15:13 AM »

I didn't read this for ten pages and there's still nothing important ten pages later. Good thing I didn't read those ten pages.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 27, 2013, 04:31:17 AM »

I didn't read this for ten pages and there's still nothing important ten pages later. Good thing I didn't read those ten pages.

You don't know what you missed, Aegir...

...not much, really. A little bit of heavy speculation, some odd meditations, a bit of discussion on the Four Seasons (as one would expect on a Made In California thread), and so on and so forth.

Oh, and AGD, of course.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 27, 2013, 04:36:53 AM »

Congratulations. You've won the message board. Good job
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 27, 2013, 08:34:32 AM »

I find it really hard to express myself in this thread given the absence of a suicide emoticon.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 27, 2013, 09:52:49 AM »

I find it really hard to express myself in this thread given the absence of a suicide emoticon.

Probably best, then, to simply do away with yourself ( or avoid this thread)

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #982 on: February 27, 2013, 10:50:08 AM »

Am I the only person who couldn't give a monkeys about alternate mixes or, in particular, live tracks? Sure one or two would be nice, but give me an unreleased track any day of the week, always...
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #983 on: February 27, 2013, 10:59:18 AM »

Oh, and i REALLY hope It's A New Day makes it onto the box. Incredible song!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #984 on: February 27, 2013, 11:42:05 AM »

Am I the only person who couldn't give a monkeys about alternate mixes or, in particular, live tracks? Sure one or two would be nice, but give me an unreleased track any day of the week, always...
I feel the same way.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: February 27, 2013, 11:51:48 AM »

I feel the same way.

Ditto x 100.
Also, nothing after 1979 please Wink

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #986 on: February 27, 2013, 11:59:35 AM »

Career spanning
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: February 27, 2013, 12:16:11 PM »

All I ask for is at least one new missing link between early 70's and mid 70's Brian. Even if it means Barbara Ann live '73.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #988 on: February 27, 2013, 12:26:00 PM »

I've been long waiting for that "missing link" track for Brian's changing voice. Since hearing that "Hearts Were Full Of Spring" thing though, it seems less cut and dry.
Jeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: February 27, 2013, 04:01:03 PM »

I feel the same way.

Ditto x 100.
Also, nothing after 1979 please Wink

Agree with all of the above, except I'd bump it up to 1981 to accommodate Stevie.

Don't need concert promos, session highlights, binaural mixes, already released stereo remixes, random talking, most live tracks, or much of the other stuff that cluttered up Endless Harmony and Hawthorne.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: February 27, 2013, 04:26:30 PM »

Personally, I'm looking forward to the live tracks as much as the hope for unreleased gems.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: February 27, 2013, 05:17:30 PM »

Personally, I'm looking forward to the live tracks as much as the hope for unreleased gems.

Same here - we're talking about a band that was rated the world's top live act for a while…

“We live in divisive times.”
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: February 27, 2013, 07:18:14 PM »

I do wonder about the "Radio" songs and the band's new, reunion material. Here's the professor's prediction: no new, unreleased "Radio" era material will be on MIC; they are saving those songs for the 2013 BB album, which means that album, which we all wonder about, may not require much more "reuniting" and collaboration from the band. That would be sad.

Has anyone mentioned Dennis singing SJB? I wonder why he did not successfully pull off a version that Brian liked fro PS?
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: February 27, 2013, 07:37:49 PM »

Bit of breaking news..

MIC was up for pre-order on amazon today with a release date of June 11th..

Couldn't post it earlier because I was in work. Now I have a chance I see it's taken down.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: February 27, 2013, 07:53:53 PM »

This is quite driving me nuts.

As for the fact there's gonna be bunch of hits/classics.. heh, as long as i get the famous Dennis tracks, boy oh boy.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: February 27, 2013, 09:09:13 PM »

In that case you missed my post of four days ago five pages back:

Made in California box set is complete and about to be delivered to Capitol.  Release date as yet undetermined.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: February 27, 2013, 09:53:42 PM »

I do wonder about the "Radio" songs and the band's new, reunion material. Here's the professor's prediction: no new, unreleased "Radio" era material will be on MIC; they are saving those songs for the 2013 BB album, which means that album, which we all wonder about, may not require much more "reuniting" and collaboration from the band. That would be sad.

Not that I'd hang my hat on this but Al Jardine told me backstage at the Eugene, OR show that they were going to be working on some leftover tracks and rearranged new versions of Radio tracks for the box set. One specifically mentioned was "Waves of Love"; though I don't see that since Brian wasn't keen on it and Al has already put out two mixes.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #997 on: February 28, 2013, 12:30:19 AM »

Bit of breaking news..

Couldn't post it earlier because I was in work. Now I have a chance I see it's taken down.

Well it's settled.  The thing's been cancelled.  Phil was right all along!

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: February 28, 2013, 12:30:42 AM »

If there was going to be a new album this year, we'd know about it. By this time last year, they'd pretty much finished recording That's Why God Made The Radio, and we knew the album title and release date. Any new Beach Boys album would be released in early summer, and record labels usually have a three month or so lead time. That means that if they were going to be releasing a new album in June, they'd have had to already deliver it to the record label.

I'm not saying it's impossible, of course, but I'd give ten to one odds on there being a new album this year, at best.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #999 on: February 28, 2013, 12:43:07 AM »

Bit of breaking news..

Well it's settled.  The thing's been cancelled.  Phil was right all along!

Nah, someone just jumped the gun and almost let the cat out of the bag*.

*I've never understood that saying...who in the name of f*** bags cats?!
LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx