gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681103 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 23, 2024, 03:59:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where is that %^&$@#&* MIC Box Set @#$%^&*(!!!  (Read 212486 times)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 01, 2012, 10:24:09 AM »

And Shady is speaking in useless drivel!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
PhilCohen
« Reply #276 on: December 01, 2012, 10:40:35 AM »

Are Capitol Records, The Beach Boys & Mark Linett still attempting to complete the box set, or has the project been abandoned due to an inability to get unanimous approval for the track listing?

The reality is that we don't know.

Contrast this with another box set that was supposed to be released in 2012, and wasn't. "The Small Faces-Here Comes The Nice" 5-CD set failed to appear, but, at least, that set's compiler DID recently issue a statement, so that the group's fans would know that he was still attempting to complete the project, and had recently mastered 2 of the 5 discs.

With each passing month, season & year the potential market for this box set will shrink. Mainstream Beach Boys CD consumers(I.E. not the hard core fans that populate forums such as this one) have probably long ago forgotten that Capitol ever floated the possibility of a box set via the December 2011 press statement. Capitol permitted the proposed box set to disappear from consumers consciousness. ( I am refering to mainstream Beach Boys CD consumers). Amongst those mainstream Beach Boys CD consumers, any thoughts (or desires) for a box set long ago faded away.

Because, despite being very good, the Small Faces don't enjoy nearly as large a following as The Beach Boys. Also the Beach Boys have obviously been around much longer and have recently had a high profile successful tour and album. The incentive to release a box in these times has never been bigger. The details on when it will be released and what will be on it may temporarily delay its release (keeping in mind how much material has been released including last year's Smile). In other words, just let time bring us closer to it. It's sure to sell a million units in January, eh?  Razz

Well, the wait for "Smile" extended from January 1966 until November 2011. That's what? 45 years. If The Beach Boys box set is postponed for a similar length of time, neither Mr.Doe nor I will be alive to hear it. We're both 56 now.

I can just imagine (in 2057) on digital microchip: "The Beach Boys-The Made in California Box Set Sessions" with a special bonus selection of leftover tracks from the 2012 reunion sessions(completed with overdubs by The Beach Boys' grandchildren)
GoodToMyBaby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 01, 2012, 10:51:04 AM »

Are Capitol Records, The Beach Boys & Mark Linett still attempting to complete the box set, or has the project been abandoned due to an inability to get unanimous approval for the track listing?

The reality is that we don't know.

Contrast this with another box set that was supposed to be released in 2012, and wasn't. "The Small Faces-Here Comes The Nice" 5-CD set failed to appear, but, at least, that set's compiler DID recently issue a statement, so that the group's fans would know that he was still attempting to complete the project, and had recently mastered 2 of the 5 discs.

With each passing month, season & year the potential market for this box set will shrink. Mainstream Beach Boys CD consumers(I.E. not the hard core fans that populate forums such as this one) have probably long ago forgotten that Capitol ever floated the possibility of a box set via the December 2011 press statement. Capitol permitted the proposed box set to disappear from consumers consciousness. ( I am refering to mainstream Beach Boys CD consumers). Amongst those mainstream Beach Boys CD consumers, any thoughts (or desires) for a box set long ago faded away.

Because, despite being very good, the Small Faces don't enjoy nearly as large a following as The Beach Boys. Also the Beach Boys have obviously been around much longer and have recently had a high profile successful tour and album. The incentive to release a box in these times has never been bigger. The details on when it will be released and what will be on it may temporarily delay its release (keeping in mind how much material has been released including last year's Smile). In other words, just let time bring us closer to it. It's sure to sell a million units in January, eh?  Razz

Well, the wait for "Smile" extended from January 1966 until November 2011. That's what? 45 years. If The Beach Boys box set is postponed for a similar length of time, neither Mr.Doe nor I will be alive to hear it. We're both 56 now.

I can just imagine (in 2057) on digital microchip: "The Beach Boys-The Made in California Box Set Sessions" with a special bonus selection of leftover tracks from the 2012 reunion sessions(completed with overdubs by The Beach Boys' grandchildren)
The post is based on the false premise that TSS is Smile.

the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 01, 2012, 10:59:54 AM »

Why should we have to beg, plead with, pressure or twist the arms of the folks at Capitol to get them release this box set? It seems appropriate to use the popular South Florida expression "No Way, Jose!"  Capitol Records & The Beach Boys should be happy, agreeable & cooperative to sell this product to us. If they don't want to sell it, it is their loss.

I know that some of you people sincerely believe that the release of this box set is imminent after the first of the year. Obviously, it isn't imminent, or Amazon.com and other dealers would be listing the product and accepting preorders......but they aren't.

The Professor feels like he has has stumbled into an existential play in this thread; is there any evidence from an official source that the BB are releasing a boxed set beyond that initial, pre-tour notice, which was never precise an dabout which we have heard nothing.

No exit as I see it; I am trapped with you all here.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: December 01, 2012, 11:06:55 AM »

If The Beach Boys box set is postponed for a similar length of time, neither Mr.Doe nor I will be alive to hear it. We're both 56 now.

Can't get anything right these days, can ya ? I'm 57.  Old Man

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 01, 2012, 11:09:33 AM »

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: December 01, 2012, 11:41:33 AM »

If The Beach Boys box set is postponed for a similar length of time, neither Mr.Doe nor I will be alive to hear it. We're both 56 now.

only until your birthday...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: December 01, 2012, 11:57:32 AM »

Hey everybody,

Calm down!

The box is coming!

Beach Boys product usually comes out toward the holidays or gearing up for the summer. Makes sense. Let's hold off guessing until spring time!

Best,

Donny

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: December 01, 2012, 12:14:38 PM »

I'm chill. I know the box is coming. I just like taking the piss. And easy targets.  Grin

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 01, 2012, 12:24:15 PM »

I'm chill. I know the box is coming. I just like taking the piss. And easy targets.  Grin

But years of wisdom has made you patient.
This is virtue unheard of amongst the grovelling masses which are the general Beach Boys fandom (myself included). Can't they at least put out the track list so we can rant about that instead of Phil's nostradamic antics???
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: December 01, 2012, 12:36:16 PM »

But years of wisdom has made you patient.
This is virtue unheard of amongst the grovelling masses which are the general Beach Boys fandom (myself included). Can't they at least put out the track list so we can rant about that instead of Phil's nostradamic antics???

I'm anxious about it too, but it's just business ... and it's THE BEACH BOYS. Let's face it !

This box is probably the last MAJOR release from the group (hopefully not, maybe we'll get that all-analog, '60s style rock n roll record ... a man can dream) ... they'll do it right.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 01, 2012, 12:42:07 PM »

Why should we have to beg, plead with, pressure or twist the arms of the folks at Capitol to get them release this box set? It seems appropriate to use the popular South Florida expression "No Way, Jose!"  Capitol Records & The Beach Boys should be happy, agreeable & cooperative to sell this product to us. If they don't want to sell it, it is their loss.

I know that some of you people sincerely believe that the release of this box set is imminent after the first of the year. Obviously, it isn't imminent, or Amazon.com and other dealers would be listing the product and accepting preorders......but they aren't.

Who the tuck is begging, pleading, pressurising, or arm-twisting?

There you go again, speaking for a majority of zip.

Please don't assume to speak for the fans. The fans are here on this board, waiting patiently, excited at the prospect of what is to come - at the prospect of what we have confidence will come.

Every now and then our nemesis raises his pessimism-ridden arse off his sofa to go on line and cast his shroud-like cloud of doom on these pages in the hope of blocking out the light.

Please, align yourself with the true majority of happy expectant fans - you're a knowledgable intelligent bloke - or go find some fellow misery vendors on another site. Your apparent goal of getting us a bad name is just making you look a plonker.

Rant over.

“We live in divisive times.”
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 01, 2012, 12:53:47 PM »

Hey everybody,

Calm down!

The box is coming!

Beach Boys product usually comes out toward the holidays or gearing up for the summer. Makes sense. Let's hold off guessing until spring time!

Best,

Donny

Yes, I believe you have it correct. The "Child Of Winter" release policy is the best one, and bodes for the best collectibility.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 01, 2012, 01:02:39 PM »

I took a piss an hour ago and about an hour before that.  That Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale beer will do it to ya every time!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 01, 2012, 01:12:14 PM »

And Shady is speaking in useless drivel!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
PhilCohen
« Reply #290 on: December 01, 2012, 01:13:02 PM »

But the typical, general public CD consumer(the people that "50 Big Ones" was aimed at) long ago forgot that Capitol was promising a box set...if they even cared. Capitol lost those people as potential consumers for a box set.
PhilCohen
« Reply #291 on: December 01, 2012, 01:20:53 PM »

Which means that you have less time(than I do) to wait for this mythical CD box set.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 01, 2012, 01:22:02 PM »

But the typical, general public CD consumer(the people that "50 Big Ones" was aimed at) long ago forgot that Capitol was promising a box set...if they even cared. Capitol lost those people as potential consumers for a box set.

So when it appears, it'll be as fresh to them as it would ever have been. if I was mean I'd suggest you go play in the road but I'm not.

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 01, 2012, 01:24:31 PM »

No.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: December 01, 2012, 01:35:31 PM »

Contradicted yerself there. The people 50 Big Ones was aimed at - Mr. & Mrs. Joe Q. Public - are, by your own definition, not in the demographic for the box. They wouldn't buy it - they're happy with 50 of the 'best'. Ergo, no loss. Capitol knows what it's doing, that the target audience for the box will have patience. They also enjoy driving you to distraction.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 01, 2012, 01:50:39 PM »

They also enjoy driving you to distraction.

So the longer he bangs his head against a jelly wall, the longer it's held back?

What say Smiley Black Ops take him out?

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 01, 2012, 02:00:29 PM »

Meanwhile in the Tower there is some executive pulling the strings, making sure that whichever he pulls will antagonise Phil Cohen the most.

DANCE YOU PUPPETS!!!

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:27:12 AM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
PhilCohen
« Reply #297 on: December 01, 2012, 02:43:08 PM »

The box set, whatever it could have been, and our attempts to extract it from a reluctant Capitol Records, are, essentially a spent force.

This box set is not worth our effort.
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 01, 2012, 02:44:49 PM »

The box set, whatever it could have been, and our attempts to extract it from a reluctant Capitol Records, are, essentially a spent force.

This box set is not worth our effort.
Go home, Phil.

A discipline daddy.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 01, 2012, 02:45:04 PM »

Then quit! Wonderful!

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 53 Go Up Print