gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681438 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 06, 2024, 03:53:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where is that %^&$@#&* MIC Box Set @#$%^&*(!!!  (Read 213036 times)
Alan Boyd
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2012, 12:46:26 PM »

Y'know, the really funny thing about this whole thread, and the current turn it's taken, is that they're sitting in the Tower, reading it.  Grin

"It is to laugh."

(Daffy Duck, "Robin Hood Daffy," 1958, writer: Michael Maltese)
PhilCohen
« Reply #251 on: November 30, 2012, 12:47:51 PM »

1963 = Phil Spector's Wall of Sound
2012 = Phil Cohen's Wall of Secrecy

Yeah, I guess so. I did give this 21st century "wall" its name!
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 30, 2012, 12:55:51 PM »

Y'know, the really funny thing about this whole thread, and the current turn it's taken, is that they're sitting in the Tower, reading it.  Grin

The Tower,

Please, please, please. Take your time and get it right and fit as many snippets of anything you can on this thing. Veto Mike if you have to go that far. We bow to thee and our cash is waiting to be dispensed in return.

Thank you.
pancakerecords
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 30, 2012, 01:12:08 PM »

"It is to laugh."

"Don't you worry, never fear. The new box set will soon be here."

"Alright, I wanna ask you something - he's not getting a very big signal.  Do you think it would be good to move the mic a little bit closer?"
                                                                                           -Van Dyke Parks
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 30, 2012, 01:29:10 PM »

Phil needs a Wailing Wall like they have in Jerusalem, just bigger.

Something like this one: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VmEJqGsRKl8/Ta2n1S9gLeI/AAAAAAAAMns/sW0ipRGrBVg/s1600/great-wall-of-china.jpg
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:30:09 PM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 30, 2012, 03:55:14 PM »

So the tower is aware of my attack plans.

I wonder whether they're anticipating that spanking?

I'm not sure how to feel right now however given that the DW doc is showing on BBC 4 right now it's a good time to urge the inclusion of as much DW material on this box as possible, please!!!!! I know, the artwork's at the printers', the CDs are at the pressing plant … but how's about slipping an unlisted bonus CD in the box? :-)

“We live in divisive times.”
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 30, 2012, 04:13:22 PM »

Y'know, the really funny thing about this whole thread, and the current turn it's taken, is that they're sitting in the Tower, reading it.  Grin

"It is to laugh."

Phil Cohen: All right. Enough is enough. This is the final, the - the very, very last straw! Who's responsible for this? This... I demand that you show yourself! Who are you? Huh?
(Camera zooms out to reveal Andrew G. Doe)
Andrew G. Doe: Heh, heh! Ain't I a stinker?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:14:45 PM by SamMcK » Logged
PhilCohen
« Reply #257 on: November 30, 2012, 05:08:36 PM »

Are Capitol Records, The Beach Boys & Mark Linett still attempting to complete the box set, or has the project been abandoned due to an inability to get unanimous approval for the track listing?

The reality is that we don't know.

Contrast this with another box set that was supposed to be released in 2012, and wasn't. "The Small Faces-Here Comes The Nice" 5-CD set failed to appear, but, at least, that set's compiler DID recently issue a statement, so that the group's fans would know that he was still attempting to complete the project, and had recently mastered 2 of the 5 discs.

With each passing month, season & year the potential market for this box set will shrink. Mainstream Beach Boys CD consumers(I.E. not the hard core fans that populate forums such as this one) have probably long ago forgotten that Capitol ever floated the possibility of a box set via the December 2011 press statement. Capitol permitted the proposed box set to disappear from consumers consciousness. ( I am refering to mainstream Beach Boys CD consumers). Amongst those mainstream Beach Boys CD consumers, any thoughts (or desires) for a box set long ago faded away.
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 30, 2012, 05:19:02 PM »

Phil, do you bet the Don't Pass line at the craps table?  You are the biggest buzzkill, pessimist I've ever seen online.  Just sayin'. Grin
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 30, 2012, 05:20:38 PM »

Phil, If insiders are making fun of you for your posts about box set, that is the hint you need that the box is on target for release pretty soon. The fans will buy the box no matter when because the BBs are America's band with a huge following both hardcore and causal.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Gohi
« Reply #260 on: November 30, 2012, 05:22:29 PM »

Who the hell are these beach boys you all keep talking about in this thread?
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 30, 2012, 05:55:48 PM »

See people! This persons gone so long without hearing anything about the Beach Boys touring, releasing new music or re-issuing old albums that he's forgot who they actually are! and on a Beach Boys forum nonetheless! This is a clear sign Capitol needs to get the boxset out before the whole world forgets about them! Quick Capitol HURRY UP!!!!!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 30, 2012, 06:21:41 PM »

Proof that those fans that are not dying off, are going senile!

Phils right. Get product out Capitol.
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: November 30, 2012, 10:47:41 PM »

I get a little chill when I realize that the Tower is reading my thoughts. Is there nowhere to hide?
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 30, 2012, 10:54:31 PM »

I wonder if they're as good as Oasis.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 01, 2012, 12:26:42 AM »

Phil's oasis of silence?

“We live in divisive times.”
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 01, 2012, 01:24:20 AM »

Hehe  LOL -

when I started this thread, in jest of course, I never thought it would make 3 pages, let alone the current 11. It's become some sort of love baby for me, because there are quite a lot of funny things in it (thanks folks) and of course, our employee of the year, the esteemed mr Phil Cohen Esq., saw fit to present his much-valued views on the whole matter.

Well, my urgent plea towards Capitol Records still stands (see first post).

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: December 01, 2012, 01:24:33 AM »

Are Capitol Records, The Beach Boys & Mark Linett still attempting to complete the box set, or has the project been abandoned due to an inability to get unanimous approval for the track listing?

Some of we do.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 01, 2012, 01:25:15 AM »

You may recall, that in May 1967, The Beach Boys' publicist issued a statement telling the fans that "Smile" had been "scrapped". If the "Made in California" box set has also been "scrapped", do you guys think that The Beach Boys, Brother Records or Capitol Records should openly tell the fans? You DO know(don't you?)  that , as of mid-December, that the "Wall of Secrecy" has been in effect for ONE YEAR. It doesn't seem that The Beach Boys, Capitol Records or Brother records have any respect for the thousands of people who would have wanted to buy this (mythical?) CD box set.

It also bothers me that Capitol didn't give an announcement when they decided to scrap The Smile Sessions box, and then proceeded to release the box to cover up their decision not to release it.  That Wall of Secrecy sure is diabolical.

LOL intelligent and very funny!

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 01, 2012, 01:40:03 AM »

I wonder if they're as good as Oasis.

LOL

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
PhilCohen
« Reply #270 on: December 01, 2012, 09:48:44 AM »

Why should we have to beg, plead with, pressure or twist the arms of the folks at Capitol to get them release this box set? It seems appropriate to use the popular South Florida expression "No Way, Jose!"  Capitol Records & The Beach Boys should be happy, agreeable & cooperative to sell this product to us. If they don't want to sell it, it is their loss.

I know that some of you people sincerely believe that the release of this box set is imminent after the first of the year. Obviously, it isn't imminent, or Amazon.com and other dealers would be listing the product and accepting preorders......but they aren't.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: December 01, 2012, 09:59:31 AM »

Why should we have to beg, plead with, pressure or twist the arms of the folks at Capitol to get them release this box set?

We don't. We just wait. Like we did for the Smile box. Remember, the one they weren't going to release, not never, ever ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 01, 2012, 10:07:46 AM »

Contrast this with another box set that was supposed to be released in 2012, and wasn't. "The Small Faces-Here Comes The Nice" 5-CD set failed to appear, but, at least, that set's compiler DID recently issue a statement, so that the group's fans would know that he was still attempting to complete the project, and had recently mastered 2 of the 5 discs.

With each passing month, season & year the potential market for this box set will shrink. Mainstream Beach Boys CD consumers(I.E. not the hard core fans that populate forums such as this one) have probably long ago forgotten that Capitol ever floated the possibility of a box set via the December 2011 press statement. Capitol permitted the proposed box set to disappear from consumers consciousness. ( I am refering to mainstream Beach Boys CD consumers). Amongst those mainstream Beach Boys CD consumers, any thoughts (or desires) for a box set long ago faded away.

Because, despite being very good, the Small Faces don't enjoy nearly as large a following as The Beach Boys. Also the Beach Boys have obviously been around much longer and have recently had a high profile successful tour and album. The incentive to release a box in these times has never been bigger. The details on when it will be released and what will be on it may temporarily delay its release (keeping in mind how much material has been released including last year's Smile). In other words, just let time bring us closer to it. It's sure to sell a million units in January, eh?  Razz
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 01, 2012, 10:12:21 AM »

has to be done one last time....

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 01, 2012, 10:17:41 AM »

Some of we do.

Oh my god. AGD is speaking in tongues

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx