gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 10:18:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where is that %^&$@#&* MIC Box Set @#$%^&*(!!!  (Read 211090 times)
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: February 16, 2013, 04:52:28 PM »

Mark London just re-posted the MIC image, with the comment "gettin' closer"!!!!!!

Huzzah!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 16, 2013, 05:15:32 PM »

Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 16, 2013, 06:01:38 PM »

Mark London just re-posted the MIC image, with the comment "gettin' closer"!!!!!!

It has to be right around the corner.

I can't wait.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 16, 2013, 08:50:50 PM »

and no peep about the "live album" from the tour?  I have not heard a darned thing about that. Boxed set first, then live album, then full show on DVD, then new BB album. . . . .4 things to happen, though there is evidence of only the first, the others but the stuff that dreams are made on.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #779 on: February 16, 2013, 11:02:42 PM »

Damn, I hope this thing comes out soon - my advance copy's wearing out.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: February 16, 2013, 11:27:58 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin

You lie

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #781 on: February 16, 2013, 11:42:19 PM »

Mark London's a little tease. I think we'd all like to put him over our collective knee and spank him till he spills his beans over the box set
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 16, 2013, 11:53:23 PM »

Mark London's a little tease. I think we'd all like to put him over our collective knee and spank him till he spills his beans over the box set

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 17, 2013, 12:19:32 AM »

Could you burn me another copy, mate? The guy who bought the copy you sold me says be could be burnin' n' sellin' 'em twice as fast down the market if he had two master copies to repro simultaneously.

Oh, and that Carnegie Hall set you flogged skips a bit on disc three.

Grin

“We live in divisive times.”
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 17, 2013, 12:39:15 AM »

Online retailers still listin Sept 27 or thereabouts. Dumb as that's a Friday. Sept 30 would be my guess, 9 years virtually to the day since BWPS came out.

And Mark might be either pulling our collective chains - still can't find word that he's working on this box - or heralding something else he's been working that's unassociated with the BBs; no one has a sole claim on the phrase "Made In California".

AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 17, 2013, 03:28:54 AM »

and no peep about the "live album" from the tour?  I have not heard a darned thing about that. Boxed set first, then live album, then full show on DVD, then new BB album. . . . .4 things to happen, though there is evidence of only the first, the others but the stuff that dreams are made on.

We know there definitely *won't* be a full-show DVD. We've been told several times that there would be three DVDs -- the Doin' It Again documentary, the live DVD from last year, and the documentary that's been crowdfunded and will be coming out at the end of this year.

I'd put the chances of *any* of those other things ahead of a full-concert DVD, even a second reunion album. because there's a possibility a second reunion album wouldn't actually lose money, while a full-concert DVD would have to by its very nature.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #786 on: February 17, 2013, 10:56:39 AM »

Online retailers still listin Sept 27 or thereabouts. Dumb as that's a Friday. Sept 30 would be my guess, 9 years virtually to the day since BWPS came out.

And Mark might be either pulling our collective chains - still can't find word that he's working on this box - or heralding something else he's been working that's unassociated with the BBs; no one has a sole claim on the phrase "Made In California".

Oh ye of little faith...

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #787 on: February 17, 2013, 11:10:12 AM »

Purely speculation, but I'm guessing there's going to be at least one unreleased Smile snippet on the box. Maybe Barnyard sans vocals or something. You know, to get the Smile people to buy the box just for one song.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 17, 2013, 11:23:07 AM »

Maybe Barnyard sans vocals or something.

That pretty much was on the box.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #789 on: February 17, 2013, 12:46:32 PM »

right, I mean, Barnyard with backing vocals and no radio-demo overdub

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 17, 2013, 12:53:57 PM »

I dig.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 17, 2013, 12:59:25 PM »

If there are Smile-goons out there who would buy an amazing BB box for just one track, I hope they do get ripped off. I expect to groove on the whole damn thing.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 17, 2013, 01:30:13 PM »

And speaking of 2fer: On Spotify (at least Spotify USA, might be a different story for Spotify UK, etc.) they've pulled the 2fer versions and replaced with the 2012 remastered versions of albums.. could just be to avoid confusion between the remasters & the 2fers or a sign that we'll see the 2fer b-sides on MiC (which I think is kind of to be expected and would be much preferable anyway) and so they're clearly out the 'soon to be obsolete' stuff, perhaps.

Yeah, they've pulled *all* the twofers from Spotify UK, and replaced them with single-disc versions, even of albums not yet rereleased like KTSA.

Also thanks to it falling into the public domain, Spotify now has five or six copies of Surfin' Safari, all with different titles and different record labels. And one copy of that great Beach Boys album "Bob Dylan"...

this really pisses me off, because now people who go  to the Beach Boys page on spotify get endless Surfin Safaris in their faces and probably deduct that Surfin Safari was the big album they forgot the name of
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 01:32:01 PM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 17, 2013, 01:47:39 PM »

Love that retro font!
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 17, 2013, 02:04:20 PM »

If there are Smile-goons out there who would buy an amazing BB box for just one track, I hope they do get ripped off. I expect to groove on the whole damn thing.

There are. Remember the people last year who were saying that the reunion tour setlists were terrible because they weren't entirely made up of songs from Pet Sounds and Smile? A *lot* of people like that exist. Smile seems to attract a particular kind of obsession that borders on mental illness.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: February 17, 2013, 02:54:21 PM »

Oh ye of little faith...

Okay, what's gonna arrive first: MIC, or AGD's 12,000th post? !

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 17, 2013, 03:00:44 PM »

Oh ye of little faith...

Okay, what's gonna arrive first: MIC, or AGD's 12,000th post? !

I'd bet on AGD's  13,000th post!

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 17, 2013, 03:13:36 PM »

I just have to comment on how awesome the box set name is

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 17, 2013, 04:02:44 PM »

I just have to comment on how awesome the box set name is

Agreed. And I too love the font they used. I really think this box will showcase just how awesome/underappreciated the Beach Boys are. Can't wait for it!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 17, 2013, 07:22:46 PM »

and no peep about the "live album" from the tour?  I have not heard a darned thing about that. Boxed set first, then live album, then full show on DVD, then new BB album. . . . .4 things to happen, though there is evidence of only the first, the others but the stuff that dreams are made on.

We know there definitely *won't* be a full-show DVD. We've been told several times that there would be three DVDs -- the Doin' It Again documentary, the live DVD from last year, and the documentary that's been crowdfunded and will be coming out at the end of this year.

I'd put the chances of *any* of those other things ahead of a full-concert DVD, even a second reunion album. because there's a possibility a second reunion album wouldn't actually lose money, while a full-concert DVD would have to by its very nature.

Andrew is likely right.

But, just to consider: I was part of a web discussion life with Dave and Steve K today, and a Scotsman asked  DM why the DVD has only 20 odd songs. Dave said he thought that was sort of only a preliminary release drawn from that one show and that he thought--"hoped" he added--that other fuller releases are to follow. His answer had an unspoken "I'm not in that end of the business" element to it of course, and I suppose he was expressing as much hope as sure knowledge. But, in any case, he certainly saw the AZ show as just as taste of what was recorded and could be produced, agreeing that the RAH show was a great triumph.   Just while I am on the subject: he also said he is looking forward to playing with BW and AL and that he hopes for more show: "I will see what Brian wants to do," he said, sounding so endearingly like a kid so close to his older honorary brother and cool neighbor, now the only Wilson he has left. The title song on Radio is his favorite, by the way.

DM is a gentleman.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 08:15:57 PM by the professor » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx