-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:18:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic discussion!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic discussion!  (Read 34927 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 07:18:26 AM »

WTF? There`s a MLP cult that exists beyond 8 year old girls?
They are men in their 20s and are called bronies. 3D

An example thereof....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 07:44:56 AM »

Oh my god... LOL LOL LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 10:07:49 AM »

Thanks Hypehat....

We're not all like that, although there's far worse things you could post about us...

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2012, 10:31:57 AM »

Oh...my...God....

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2012, 10:37:40 AM »

Thanks Hypehat....

We're not all like that, although there's far worse things you could post about us...

Sorry mrmoustachioto, as I like you and all, but you're right - there is a lot worse examples I could find about the Brony subculture. Be thankful I posted a dumb guy in a leotard, I suppose!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2012, 10:41:29 AM »

Thanks Hypehat....

Sorry mrmoustachioto, as I like you and all, but you're right - there is a lot worse examples I could find about the Brony subculture. Be thankful I posted a dumb guy in a leotard, I suppose!

I'll be thankful for now then Grin

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 12:47:05 PM »

You should all watch Cupcakes!
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 12:53:05 PM »

You should all watch Cupcakes!

120% agreed!

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 03:32:15 PM »

WTF? There`s a MLP cult that exists beyond 8 year old girls?
welcome to the internet.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2012, 10:58:34 PM »

Sorry, I prefer my cartoons strai--oh nevermind.   LOL

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
halblaineisgood
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2012, 11:33:48 AM »

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:31:07 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2012, 03:26:16 PM »

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:29:07 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 03:30:37 PM »

Sorry, I prefer my cartoons strai--oh nevermind.   LOL

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2012, 12:16:14 AM »

Brian liked Flipper.  He was proto-brony. And, yeah, I know that Flipper was live action. But that does not matter.  I think the fact that it was a children's show about a dolphin is all the proof one would need to establish Wilsonian precedent. This means validation, AND it will silence our critics! PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT FISHMONK.

Now this was a funny post,   LOL

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2012, 12:50:07 AM »

It's just so ridiculous that My Little Pony fans need their own labelled identity. I'm not some stick in the mud who's never watched a cartoon before, I'll catch an episode of King of The Hill or something here and there, but I think a lot of 20-somethings and people involved in internet subcultures need to learn that there's a time and a place for everything. I meet way too many people who are dismissive of actual works of art, and who cling to this notion that all of that stuff is irrelevant because My Little Pony is like happening *now* man. I met an actual associate professor at an accredited college who said that the Matrix (yes, the movie) had more to teach people today than Samuel Johnson. Those types of attitudes are just embarrassing. Sure, watch My Little Pony, watch it to your heart's content, there's nothing wrong with watching it or enjoying it, but when you wrap yourself in an absurd "identity" like Brony, I think you need to set some new priorities for your life. I'm sure lots of people here have seen the disgusting stuff out there that My Little Pony has generated, the depraved, sexualized images, the pathetic rants about the lack of acceptance among the bullsh*t internet hierarchy of fandoms that bronies recieve, it's literal insanity.

I honestly hate the internet, the whole tumblr universe is something that anthropologists will look at some day and weep over. TVtroupes, reddit, something awful, 4chan, the subcultures and attitudes that have developed around these sorts of sites in the last 10 years are honestly horrifying. There's more to life than memes about Mitt Romney, or feigning outrage over the latest manufactured social justice controversy, and the general internet worldview that many 18-25 year olds have taken up for themselves is over. Internet culture is a cesspool of once-vital progressive ideologies totally undermined by systemic hypostasis. Ideas like tolerance, equality, freedom, justice, prejudice, aestheics, reason, logic, science, and objectivity have become meaningless and in the process an intellectually bankrupted generation has come into being, a generation of clowns haranguing one another and wringing their collective hands about whether or not some blogger needs to check his privilege for writing about which female superheroes he'd most like to f***.  

"...all illusion consists in holding the subjective ground of our judgments to be objective, a self-knowledge of pure reason in its transcendent use is the sole preservative from the aberrations into which reason falls when it mistakes its destination, and refers that to the object transcendently, which only regards its own subject and its guidance in all immanent use."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 12:54:09 AM by Fishmonk » Logged

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2012, 01:44:54 PM »

Either way, another Saturday, another episode!

Today's Trixie episode was Pretty cool actually, a further showing of a very strong third season. The many 'in-jokes' with the fans were good fun, and Twilight's 4th Wall breaking with pinkie at the end was brilliant. The semi-twist to Twilight's 'magic' was also quite clever, and the Male Apple Jack did make me laugh! In fact, there were quite a large amount of laughable moments, especially the 'Moustache' joke returning. However, I'm still far from a fan of Trixie as a character, something about her has always bugged me, and her appearance here was only marginally better, The lack of song was also disappointing, but we can't have one all the time and have strong ones, so there we go!

Manchini
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2012, 11:07:50 PM »

I honestly hate the internet, the whole tumblr universe is something that anthropologists will look at some day and weep over. TVtroupes, reddit, something awful, 4chan, the subcultures and attitudes that have developed around these sorts of sites in the last 10 years are honestly horrifying. There's more to life than memes about Mitt Romney, or feigning outrage over the latest manufactured social justice controversy, and the general internet worldview that many 18-25 year olds have taken up for themselves is over. Internet culture is a cesspool of once-vital progressive ideologies totally undermined by systemic hypostasis. Ideas like tolerance, equality, freedom, justice, prejudice, aestheics, reason, logic, science, and objectivity have become meaningless and in the process an intellectually bankrupted generation has come into being, a generation of clowns haranguing one another and wringing their collective hands about whether or not some blogger needs to check his privilege for writing about which female superheroes he'd most like to f***. 

sh*t yeah! I am giving you the most enthusiastic round of applause right now.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2014, 11:32:02 PM »

Can't stand MLP:FIM at all.
You Bronies can try to make it as "cool" as you wish, but at the end, it's just a kids cartoon targeted for little girls.

Once had a friend who always fucking posted about My Little Pony. Keep in mind this is a 15 year old Teenage boy. It's one thing to post MLP over and over again, it's another to post the exact same pictures over and over again. Ended up losing most of his friends, including yours truly.

But I do like Cupcakes  Grin

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 11:44:25 PM by Little Bird, Right in a Tree... » Logged
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2014, 11:40:37 PM »

You Bronies can try to make it as "cool" as you wish, but at the end, it's just a kids cartoon targeted for little girls.

Once had a friend who always fucking posted about My Little Pony. Keep in mind this is a 15 year old Teenage boy. It's one thing to post MLP over and over again, it's another to post the exact same pictures over and over again. Ended up losing most of his friends, including yours truly.

Here's an awesome pic:

That's fucking disgusting.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2014, 11:43:49 PM »

Dude, it's just a kids cartoon...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 11:44:55 PM by Little Bird, Right in a Tree... » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2014, 12:26:20 AM »

It's just so ridiculous that My Little Pony fans need their own labelled identity. I'm not some stick in the mud who's never watched a cartoon before, I'll catch an episode of King of The Hill or something here and there, but I think a lot of 20-somethings and people involved in internet subcultures need to learn that there's a time and a place for everything. I meet way too many people who are dismissive of actual works of art, and who cling to this notion that all of that stuff is irrelevant because My Little Pony is like happening *now* man. I met an actual associate professor at an accredited college who said that the Matrix (yes, the movie) had more to teach people today than Samuel Johnson. Those types of attitudes are just embarrassing. Sure, watch My Little Pony, watch it to your heart's content, there's nothing wrong with watching it or enjoying it, but when you wrap yourself in an absurd "identity" like Brony, I think you need to set some new priorities for your life. I'm sure lots of people here have seen the disgusting stuff out there that My Little Pony has generated, the depraved, sexualized images, the pathetic rants about the lack of acceptance among the bullsh*t internet hierarchy of fandoms that bronies recieve, it's literal insanity.

"...all illusion consists in holding the subjective ground of our judgments to be objective, a self-knowledge of pure reason in its transcendent use is the sole preservative from the aberrations into which reason falls when it mistakes its destination, and refers that to the object transcendently, which only regards its own subject and its guidance in all immanent use."

I like TVTropes. The rest are rubbish though
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2014, 04:27:23 PM »

Dude, it's just a kids cartoon...

Yeah, exactly.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2014, 05:15:41 PM »

Well I wasn't expecting this thread to get revived.

Season 4 comments? Wink

bluesno1fann
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2014, 07:44:56 PM »

Season 4 comments? Wink

Meh. I'm looking forward to the next time someone creates and upload a Cupcakes video.

There's been quite a few, including the one Myk Luhv posted earlier. But this one's my favourite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oaYkYcYadU
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2014, 08:56:26 PM »

Season 4 comments? Wink

Meh. I'm looking forward to the next time someone creates and upload a Cupcakes video.

There's been quite a few, including the one Myk Luhv posted earlier. But this one's my favourite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oaYkYcYadU

Cupcakes HD remains the original and the best - Smile HD is great too

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: