gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:51:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: back of the PS album showing the future?  (Read 3165 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2006, 10:24:17 AM »

i think that some of the picson the back of the Pet Sounds cover show what will come in years to come...like the picture of Bruce & dennis on the piano, I love that picture! and the pic of Brian in a robe, alone, in the picture. Mike, sitting in with the crowd, perhaps an 'uncomfortable seat?'

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 11:57:28 AM »

Not to stray too far but has anyone else felt surprised when seeing pictures of a certain two Beach Boys together? Dennis and Bruce, two people that I never imagined being buddy-buddy types together.

Bruce: "Let's go get some tootsie rolls at this next store guys!"

Dennis: "....You see those two girls...."

Bruce: "...Don't tell me you...."

Dennis: "..oh yeah... Cool"

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 12:05:28 PM »

hey, Im sure Bruce has his share of fun...

he's just not a guy to kiss n tell...like that slut dennis Razz

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Third Coast
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 06:16:01 AM »

Not to stray too far but has anyone else felt surprised when seeing pictures of a certain two Beach Boys together? Dennis and Bruce, two people that I never imagined being buddy-buddy types together.

Bruce and Dennis might not have been best friends, but they thought highly of each other, from what I've been able to tell.  This is from a post by Bruce on the BB Britain (I think) board, a few years ago.

Harriet and I loaned Dennis a hot strong shower at our home in Catalina after he single-handed the Harmony into Avalon harbor around 1976. We had dinner at our house on the deck overlooking the boats tied to the moorings and then we sailed the length of the island with him the next day. The world and Dennis were in sync when he was on the water.

Bruce Johnston
Santa Barbara
August 18, 2002

Lorenschwartz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 07:13:19 PM »

Bruce and Dennis might not have been best friends, but they thought highly of each other, from what I've been able to tell.  This is from a post by Bruce on the BB Britain (I think) board, a few years ago.

Harriet and I loaned Dennis a hot strong shower at our home in Catalina after he single-handed the Harmony into Avalon harbor around 1976. We had dinner at our house on the deck overlooking the boats tied to the moorings and then we sailed the length of the island with him the next day. The world and Dennis were in sync when he was on the water.

Bruce Johnston
Santa Barbara
August 18, 2002

ok...i wont venture into that hot strong shower bit, but i will tell u that bruce sang on the POB lp by Dennis. and along with Brian, Bruce was Dennis' best barganing buddy within the BB's camp. Al sided w/Mike way too much, even tho we think of Al & Bruce being closer now.

by the way..can anyone else comment on a circa1980-82???
Easter Seals Telethon w/jack klugman BB appearence where it has No Dennis...but a bearded and gruff brian on keys, and Brucey on GTR!!!! Epiphone hollow body...i think al is playing gtr also. they rocked out surfin usa grunge style, guys!!!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 10:19:33 AM »

Just one thing to add, I asked Bruce a while ago on BBB and he said that he and Dennis surfed together. But I don't think it was regularly (Bruce didn't say it was)

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Lorenschwartz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 08:34:23 PM »

Just one thing to add, I asked Bruce a while ago on BBB and he said that he and Dennis surfed together. But I don't think it was regularly (Bruce didn't say it was)
ive seen pic's and Bruce J has always kept in better shape than most of the others all these years. a pic of the BB circa'68-69? shirtless, and Bruce and Dennis lookin' the best.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 03:58:43 AM »

ive seen pic's and Bruce J has always kept in better shape than most of the others all these years. a pic of the BB circa'68-69? shirtless, and Bruce and Dennis lookin' the best.

Yep, I believe that was taken during the Wild Honey-era.  There are some more pics, even with Al shirtless and Mike half-shirt-less...

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 06:12:17 AM »

Yep, I believe that was taken during the Wild Honey-era.  There are some more pics, even with Al shirtless and Mike half-shirt-less...

Al shirtless?  Oy...

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
Burnley Vest
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 01:32:25 PM »

Bruce and Dennis might not have been best friends, but they thought highly of each other, from what I've been able to tell. 
Is that Dennis singing "doo-de-doo...dee-doo-de-doo..." at the end of "Disney Girls"? If so, its a shame that it's the only prominent spot for his voice on Surf's Up - and kudos to Bruce for putting him there. Then you have "Student Demonstration Time". Mmm, what a contrast.

The vibrations you send out come back to you.
Lorenschwartz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 08:47:46 PM »

Bruce and Dennis might not have been best friends, but they thought highly of each other, from what I've been able to tell. 
Is that Dennis singing "doo-de-doo...dee-doo-de-doo..." at the end of "Disney Girls"? If so, its a shame that it's the only prominent spot for his voice on Surf's Up - and kudos to Bruce for putting him there. Then you have "Student Demonstration Time". Mmm, what a contrast.
YEAH...I LOVE THE END OF "DISNEY GRRLS", THANK U FOR BRINGING THIS PIECE OF BEAUTY TO THE FORE!!!!
NO JOKE, I USED TO REWIND JUST THIS ONE PART TILL THE FADE & TURN IT ALL THE WAY UP!!! I COULDNT GET ENOUGH OF IT.

THE BB'S HAVE THE MOST AWESOME FADEOUTS OF ANY GROOP OUT THERE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

I ALWAYS SUSPECTED IT WAS DENNY. A LITTLE GRUFF.
10 YRS OF HARMONY HAS A SLIGHTLY LONGER FADE DOESN'T IT? 10-4
Third Coast
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 09:04:42 PM »

My favorite Dennis moment on the album was his line, "That's why the child..." on the fadeout of "Surf's Up."  One of his greatest moments, period.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx