gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 04:32:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where can I buy An American Family?  (Read 6645 times)
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2012, 12:31:05 AM »

I'm building up my movie collection and I need that plus it's one of my girlfriend's favorite movies. Grin It actually played a big part in getting her into the Beach Boys.
I can't find it anywhere on Amazon...Super bummed out. Sad
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 12:43:38 AM »

I'm building up my movie collection and I need that plus it's one of my girlfriend's favorite movies. Grin It actually played a big part in getting her into the Beach Boys.
Guess it won't be easy/cheap to acquire an officially released copy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-BEACH-BOYS-AN-AMERICAN-FAMILY-2-Emmy-vhs-videos-/310492758185?pt=VHS&hash=item484acf80a9

May you're able to find an 'alternate source' somewhere and burn a DVD, or something.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 12:53:22 AM »

Guess it won't be easy/cheap to acquire an officially released copy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-BEACH-BOYS-AN-AMERICAN-FAMILY-2-Emmy-vhs-videos-/310492758185?pt=VHS&hash=item484acf80a9

May you're able to find an 'alternate source' somewhere and burn a DVD, or something.
VHS? F*ck! I need a dvd copy or blu-ray...Something I could show my future kids..and give to them so they can pass it on to their kids one day. (family tradition)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 02:23:04 AM »

VHS? F*ck! I need a dvd copy or blu-ray...Something I could show my future kids..and give to them so they can pass it on to their kids one day. (family tradition)
For some reason I have severe doubts about An American Family being released on blu-ray in the near (or distant) future.  Kiss
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 02:31:42 AM »

Good... you're trying. Now, it not being available at all on amazon, even as a highly overpriced used copy should tell you something - that it was never commercially released.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
GuyOnTheBeach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 04:08:20 AM »

Good... you're trying. Now, it not being available at all on amazon, even as a highly overpriced used copy should tell you something - that it was never commercially released.
This reminds me of an exchange I had with a woman in HMV a few years back, I went in and asked if they had this in stock, the woman then proceeds to tell me that what I actually mean is "An American Band". Not knowing that "American Family" wasn't available on DVD I informed her that I meant "American Family, it was on the T.V a few years back, remember?!" and that I don't need "American Band". Long story short, I should probably go and apologize to her one day...  LOL
GuyOnTheBeach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 04:09:16 AM »

This reminds me of an exchange I had with a woman in HMV a few years back, I went in and asked if they had this in stock, the woman then proceeds to tell me that what I actually mean is "An American Band". Not knowing that "American Family" wasn't available on DVD I informed her that I meant "American Family, it was on the T.V a few years back, remember?!" and that I don't need "American Band", this went on for nearly 10 minutes. Long story short, I should probably go and apologize to her one day...  LOL
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 05:45:48 AM »

I need to get it somehow..I don't believe in downloading movies on line but that is a must have..Plus it's a movie me and my girlfriend both enjoy. (She doesn't like movies like Shutter Island/Inception or shows like Twilight Zone/Seinfeld) I don't like movies like Twilight/Titantic(her favs) or shows like (Bad girls club/Real World) we have opposite taste in tv shows/films.
Banana
Smiley Smile Associate

Mike Love, Not War!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 06:31:21 AM »

As was previously mentioned... it was never officially released.  The chances of it even existing in the digital realm are slim to none... especially since most BB fans consider it to be a piece of garbage.  I have a VHS copy taped off of the television when it originally aired somewhere in our basement.  That said... good luck in your search... but personally... I think you might be chasing your tail.  I just don't think it's out there to be had.

"You wanna have the '409' sound, right?  On 'Help Me, Rhonda'?"

"Honkin' down the gosh-darned highway..."

"Cried so hard...teardrops on my bed...COME ON MUTHAF*****S!"
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 07:30:19 AM »

It's out there, although it's a VHS rip.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 07:51:40 AM »

As was previously mentioned... it was never officially released.  The chances of it even existing in the digital realm are slim to none... especially since most BB fans consider it to be a piece of garbage.  I have a VHS copy taped off of the television when it originally aired somewhere in our basement.  That said... good luck in your search... but personally... I think you might be chasing your tail.  I just don't think it's out there to be had.

It shouldn't be THAT hard to find - it aired at least a dozen times in the past couple months on VH1 Classic...but officially, right...no.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 08:44:30 AM »

it's one of my girlfriend's favorite movies.
Yikes...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:45:34 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 09:30:33 AM »

A quick search of eBay yields a result. just for informational purposes, of course.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 11:21:55 AM »

Yikes...
You're telling me I had to watch Twilight with her.  Lips Sealed
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 11:48:08 AM »

Do not show your children or anybody's children (or anyone period) An American Family. Never ever ever ever.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 11:51:19 AM »

Yikes...
Do not show your children or anybody's children (or anyone period) An American Family. Never ever ever ever.

I'd rather watch An American Family over Twilight.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 11:59:48 AM »

Agreed, I wonder if Mike Love shows his kids this movie to educate them on BBs matters?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 12:50:26 PM »

Agreed, I wonder if Mike Love shows his kids this movie to educate them on BBs matters?
I bet. Guess he owns a director's cut, anyway. Like one of those 5hrs Special Extended Editions of Lord of the RingsLOL
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 01:09:56 PM »

Wouldn't you love to hear a Mike Love commentary track of it.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 01:11:46 PM »

That would be amazing with the SMiLE scenes. LOL

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 02:41:17 PM »

Grin
What would his comment be the first time he Van Dyke Parks character comes on the screen?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 03:15:15 PM »

It's not that big of a deal; you buy the two VHS tapes, and take them to someone locally that will put them onto DVD for you. Probably cost $15-20 to get them transferred. so, maybe $75 for the whole package. That's not alot for a lifetime of enjoyment, is it?  

Or see if this link works: 
  http://www.ioffer.com/i/the-beach-boys-an-american-family-2-dvd-set-complete!-515604280
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:27:11 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 03:22:44 PM »

Yikes...

I'd rather watch An American Family over Twilight.

I'd rather run headfirst into a urinal until I black out than watch either in full.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 03:22:56 PM »

My gawd, just imagine a version of this with Stamos as Dennis.

"I was so bummed out," he says. "I fired myself. It was a terrible day."
Paulos
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 03:25:05 PM »

It took me all of 5 seconds to find a torrent for The Beach Boys - An American Family. Just saying.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx