gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:29:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My new song, "Arjuna"  (Read 1029 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2012, 06:08:35 PM »

This is my new song, "Arjuna." I recorded it over the past hour or so. http://www.sendspace.com/file/t5imoc

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 07:48:35 AM »

Thanks, RRA.

The shakiness is mostly that the basic track of piano and lead vocal was done in a single, live take, one mic on each. If I can quibble, the piano isn't a grand, but a console. There is also a strummed acoustic guitar in the verses (panned left about 35 degrees or so). Otherwise you're correct about the instrumentation, and yes, there is a bass there. Harmony vocals (just a single harmony part, doubled, except in the one verse line that is harmonized, where I only did one) are also me.

The name sung in the song is not the name of the title, Arjuna. The name in the song is a real person who really did beat me up when we were kids. I won't type it here, because I doubt he'd want to google himself and find he's being talked about by someone he hasn't seen or heard from in nearly 20 years... It's Adam [last name], though.

Arjuna is a character from Hindu scripture. If you read the dialogue between Krishna and Arjuna, you'll find an emphasis on performing your duty whatever it may be. (In that case, it is about Arjuna killing during war despite killing being a sin.)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx