-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:18:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Sandy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sandy  (Read 10478 times)
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 10:06:43 AM »

Looks like the worst is over. Just got internet back but no outages. Fallen branches here and there but nothing too serious (at least from where I am). The rest of the town is still out of power though.

seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 10:15:38 AM »

Been watching the news. NYC and Jersey look ruined.

Seltaeb, Aegir, Amy B. and others in the area, report in if you can! Getting worried.

All good here. Scary ass winds last night, but that's about it. I'm in Queens. Lower Manhattan, Long Island, Staten Island & New Jersey got the worst of it apparently. Subways are flooded, and a ton of people are without power. My prayers to all who've been affected.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 10:26:51 AM »

I got through Sandy unscathed. The winds were wild. Some of the 55 mph gusts sounded like a freight train. Luckily, we did not lose electricity, just a tree in the yard. My thoughts are with those who live on the barrier islands. In Atlantic City, 85% of the city is still underwater.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:28:09 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2012, 10:39:15 AM »

I got through Sandy unscathed. The winds were wild. Some of the 55 mph gusts sounded like a freight train. Luckily, we did not lose electricity, just a tree in the yard. My thoughts are with those who live on the barrier islands. In Atlantic City, 85% of the city is still underwater.

Same here. The wind gusts were so powerful that I thought the bedroom window was going to shatter. Fortunately the power never went out, though there's debris all over the driveway/yard however.

I hope you guys up North are all ok. The footage I saw this morning was unbelievable.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 10:55:18 PM »

We were preparing for the worst up here in the northern part of NY state, but luckily all we got were some heavy winds and minor rainfall. I hope all of our SS.net people from downstate, NYC, LI, Jersey, Conn., RI, NH, Maine, Mass/Boston, DE/Maryland/DC area, etc. are still alive and doing OK.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2012, 02:55:36 AM »

Glad to hear you're all alright!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2012, 07:53:07 AM »

I've been out of power, electricity, hot water etc since Monday night - checking in here from college campus. My basement flooded, no power to suck the water up. Hopefully getting some help today. I smell and I need a hot shower Smiley

Sunny down snuff though, I'm alright.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2012, 08:08:37 AM »

I've been out of power, electricity, hot water etc since Monday night - checking in here from college campus. My basement flooded, no power to suck the water up. Hopefully getting some help today. I smell and I need a hot shower Smiley

Does your campus have a rec center with power? You could go shower there. I get contracted to teach at different colleges in the Midwest and even small schools usually have towels, soap, shampoo and hair dryers already in their locker rooms. Your tuition dollars at work!
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2012, 01:45:54 PM »

Looks like school's gonna be closed for the whole week. At this rate graduation won't be until July  Sad

Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 04:34:27 AM »

I was lucky. I lost power at about 9:30 on Monday night and it came back on about 1:30 am on Wednesday. Also lost cell phone service ("emergency calls only") and could not call my family or call in to work. But that was the worst of it for me. I had hot water the whole time. A lot of northern NJ flooded and many, many people still don't have power.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2012, 04:56:30 AM »

Sad be well, mate.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2012, 05:46:29 AM »

Does your campus have a rec center with power? You could go shower there. I get contracted to teach at different colleges in the Midwest and even small schools usually have towels, soap, shampoo and hair dryers already in their locker rooms. Your tuition dollars at work!

I did think about that - but felt a little awkward. I actually took a cold shower last night - so I'm clean! Got the water and wet rugs out of my basement, too.
Not estimated to have power until Sunday night or Monday. Gonna be a loooong weekend. Maybe I'll catch a movie...or two...or six.

EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2012, 11:57:50 AM »

Yea the hurricane hit hard over here, I also live in New York, All I gotta say is its very devastating, I had have my power go on and off, the night after the storm it was out for about from 10-6 in the morning and then again the next day for about two hours, it was a terrible experience.  I know people who've lost there homes, valuable items, and about 30 people have passed away, i've seen nothing like it and I hope i never have to see anything like it again, and also The Jersey Shore and Seaside have been destroyed, it's just terrible.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:59:22 AM by Erupt » Logged
pancakerecords
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2012, 05:21:44 PM »

Just got power back - been out since Monday night. Tree fell on the neighbors house, another one in front of my driveway, still another downed the power lines. We handled the neighbor and the driveway ourselves Tuesday morning, but had to wait until today for the one on the power lines. A nice crew of guys from southern Illinois came out and dealt with that. Got off much easier than the coastal towns and barrier islands. Most of the places I spent my childhood summers seem to be completely destroyed. Still not sure when I will be back to work. The kids are thrilled about the extra week off of school, though.

"Alright, I wanna ask you something - he's not getting a very big signal.  Do you think it would be good to move the mic a little bit closer?"
                                                                                           -Van Dyke Parks
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2012, 05:39:31 PM »

Man, I hope you all keep well.

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2012, 07:23:43 AM »

Power restored.  Grin

seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 08:29:30 AM »

Power restored.  Grin

Good to hear bro!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2012, 04:21:44 PM »

Hey guys, i'm safe. My house doesn't have power and probably won't for awhile. I'm going up to my parent's house tomorrow in massachusetts to wait there until i get power back in my house.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2012, 03:58:04 AM »

Hey guys, i'm safe. My house doesn't have power and probably won't for awhile. I'm going up to my parent's house tomorrow in massachusetts to wait there until i get power back in my house.

Good to hear, la.

RR, my friend in Mass. just complained of a powercut on the night it hit so I think Aegir will be fine

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: