gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680742 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 03:51:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beatles Rock Band multitracks!  (Read 11508 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2012, 08:24:55 AM »

Am I the last person on earth to find these?

(If not the case, google the topic title and it should be one of the torrents. Or, there is someone who has loaded them on mediafire if you are squeamish about such things)

But oh my god these are so cool! I think I'm going to make my own version of Love.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 08:31:45 AM »

You might just be. Smiley

I have my own mixes of Rubber Soul and Pepper, somewhere around here...

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 09:25:28 AM »

Are some of the drum tracks dodged up on yours? Just fooling around and Sgt. Peppers 'Reprise' and Drive My Car's drums are covered in them.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 09:39:56 AM »

The drum tracks tend to have noise reduction-y effects from being extracted. As far as I can recall, there isn't any leakage onto the other tracks, though. Sometimes it's not noticeable in the final mix but when you isolate them they sound like a hot mess. My mix of Rubber Soul has all the lead vocals centered and wide stereo everything else.

Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 10:15:01 AM »

Due to a limitation in the games coding some of the drum tracks had to be changed. I'm not super tech savvy, so I don't know all the details, but the game wasn't able to register any triplets on the drums. So some tracks had to be altered to fit with what the game was actually capable of reproducing. That's why some of the iso drum tracks sound like such a disaster if you're used to hearing the original tracks.

It also makes them a disaster to play on expert. I have expert gold stars on about 2/3 of the songs, but I gave up trying to get it for all the songs because it's impossible. The most difficult one for me was Get Back. You can't play the rhythm as it was recorded because the game can't recognize the pattern.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 02:05:26 PM »

That's a shame - my genius attempt to weld the bassline of Drive My Car to the beat from Sgt Pepper's reprise has been thwarted. Back to the drawing board....

Austin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 02:43:58 PM »

That's a shame - my genius attempt to weld the bassline of Drive My Car to the beat from Sgt Pepper's reprise has been thwarted. Back to the drawing board....

Beside the point, but: in this particular case, the drumbeat to the reprise is actually on Anthology 2 if you want to swipe it from there.  Smiley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 02:54:57 PM »

So it is! Back to drawing board on my going back to the drawing board (I'm going mad, i hate audacity and why is there two of everything oh god)

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 03:52:10 PM »

That is SUCH a good idea, you don't even know....

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 04:27:17 PM »

That is SUCH a good idea, you don't even know....

I can hear it in my head.... if only these men in white coats would turn off the sirens and stop asking me these annoying questions

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 10:43:35 AM »

So I'm back on experimenting with these, although I kinda lack the discipline to be a sonic wizard with them. So far I have made an instrumental Back In The USSR and a neat stripped mix of Here Comes The Sun without the drums and the bass, and the strings quite up, cos I love them.

What have you guys done with them? Know Seltaeb has been finding oddness in Rubber Soul. Ego, I'd be interested in hearing your Sgt. Pepper mix?

Jason
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 10:57:47 AM »

I'm still kind of miffed that the only version of the multitracks to have been ripped were from the Xbox 360 version as opposed to the Playstation 3 version. Blu-ray > DVD
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 11:05:13 AM »

From what little I understand of gaming hacks, etc, it's so much easier to get files from Xbox 360 stuff, so I guess that's the reason. The files themselves are all high quality as f***, though (give or take the dumbass things with the drums as mentioned upthread, but that's not the hackers fault)

Btw, there's that Here Comes The Sun thing, if anyone gives a crap http://t.co/bHun0RUTd7
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:06:15 AM by hypehat » Logged

zachrwolfe
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 11:16:36 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:19:19 PM by zatch » Logged
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 11:24:25 AM »

Ego, I'd be interested in hearing your Sgt. Pepper mix?

I think it's lost in a sea of cd-r's. I'll try and locate it.

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 01:10:23 PM »

Am I the last person on earth to find these?

(If not the case, google the topic title and it should be one of the torrents. Or, there is someone who has loaded them on mediafire if you are squeamish about such things)

But oh my god these are so cool! I think I'm going to make my own version of Love.

Are these multitracks the same as the ones that came in Pro-Tools?

I dont have them But have heard a lot of good reviews - guess I should down this stuff
while its still available.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »

I don't know what those Pro-Tools ones are!

The ones I have are from the Beatles: Rock Band game - the way it works means the songs have to be split into discreet tracks, and some kind soul has extracted all of those from the game. Some are better than others - I'm mostly annoyed that the harmony vocals don't seem to be isolated, and generally the later you go in the discography the better the separation is. Have a google!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 01:41:04 PM by hypehat » Logged

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 02:03:51 PM »

Okay found it on TPB. Going to check it out but I dont know if I have software that will open .mogg

Pro-Tools included some multitracks of a few bands with their software some years back, I dont think
it was as extensive as this but maybe better quality separation.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 02:13:18 PM »

Audacity does it!

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 02:46:10 PM »

Bah, the 'everything is doubled' and Audacity being the shittest thing ever is really irritating. If I could actually get every thing I'd like in an easy order rather than, say, if I want to get a vocal from one song two of every element loads up in a crappy cluttered interface AND ARGH. I need each thing as a stereo .wav goddamit. Stupid .mogg files.

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 09:05:49 PM »

Audacity does it!

And Mixcraft 6 doesn't!  Angry

Necessity knows no law
Al Jardine: Pick Up Artist
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 10:05:01 PM »

BTW, the Live in London Good Vibrations is available as a .mogg. Kinda fun.

Which song: Inappropriate relationship with sister-in-law

Which song: Gonna straight up bang you with "the wood".

Which song: Weather conditions make me horny

Which song: Lack of proper shoes leads to potential blood poisoning and death.

Which song: Who needs church? Let's do it on the couch.

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 08:00:33 AM »

Has anyone ever put The Beatles vocals from Abbey Road onto Mclemore Avenue, the instrumental cover album of Abbey Road by Booker T & The MGs? The Rock Band files do have all the isolated vocals, after all....

A test! Something, sang by George Harrison, played by Booker T & The MGs!
https://soundcloud.com/samblack-1/something-mclemore-remix
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:56:44 AM by hypehat » Logged

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 03:53:14 PM »

Has anyone ever put The Beatles vocals from Abbey Road onto Mclemore Avenue, the instrumental cover album of Abbey Road by Booker T & The MGs? The Rock Band files do have all the isolated vocals, after all....

A test! Something, sang by George Harrison, played by Booker T & The MGs!
https://soundcloud.com/samblack-1/something-mclemore-remix

This is really great!!!!!

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2013, 10:38:40 AM »

Is Audacity the only thing that opens a mogg?

Nobody said it was free! so nevermind.  Razz
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 11:25:14 AM by leggo of my ego » Logged

Necessity knows no law
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx