gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680867 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 06:19:38 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Record Store Day 'Black Friday' 2012 Release UPDATE: Photos of Product!  (Read 13219 times)
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2012, 12:20:07 PM »

It's a little pricey with postage for delivery to the US (over $20).  They also don't seem to credit back the VAT as most UK shippers to the USA tend to do. It's not much of a savings, but at least it's something, and it's not like the VAT is owed on a US order.  The only US record store that's offering it online is no longer taking orders.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2012, 01:36:01 PM »

It's a little pricey with postage for delivery to the US (over $20).  They also don't seem to credit back the VAT as most UK shippers to the USA tend to do. It's not much of a savings, but at least it's something, and it's not like the VAT is owed on a US order.  The only US record store that's offering it online is no longer taking orders.

Ah,. the beauty of living in england  Grin

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2012, 07:09:55 PM »

I think that drawing of the current group with that "chins on fists" look is really kinda neat. And reminds me that even after all he has been though, Brian resembles the younger version of himself quite a lot. Only Al comes closer in that regard.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2012, 12:42:54 AM »

Pee Chee folders was a great cheat sheet for "times tables" back in elementary school, since it had a set printed inside the folder.  It went all the way up to 12 x 12. I was so disappointed when I spent time as a substitute teacher and found out that modern kids only memorize times tables up to the number 10.  Maybe it's just harder for their little brains because they don't have Pee Chee folders anymore (at least not commonly, though I've read Mead tried selling them again a few years ago to nostalgic adults).  I also remember having fun doodling names and speech balloons on the athletes.  It's such a fond memory that I may buy this for the sleeve, to heck with the record.

Kids these days just use calculators.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2012, 01:08:06 AM »

Figured a scan would be helpful

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2012, 01:58:57 AM »

David Marks is apparently rendered as Al Jaffee.

That Jardine is indescribable! Quick, somebody describe it.
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2012, 12:16:18 PM »

DERPY!
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2012, 12:19:29 PM »

DERPY!

FINALLY SOMEONE NOTICED!!!

Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »

You have inspired me to get an avatar myself, one of best pony :3
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2012, 12:48:57 PM »

You have inspired me to get an avatar myself, one of best pony :3

And with that, I declare victory!

And Fun... FUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUN (Please tell me you saw the newest episode)

Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2012, 12:53:03 PM »

Of course! I could've done without the fingers and older-gen Pinkie face though, haha D:
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2012, 12:57:34 PM »

And after the Oasis fiasco I sort of started in the Box Set thread, I move discussion...

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,14715.0.html

SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2012, 06:59:52 AM »

I just got back in after doing a bit of shopping this morning. Attic Records in Millvale, PA. (Pittsburgh, PA) had 20 copies of the Beach Boys Mead/Pee-Chee folder/record. For Black Friday / Record Store day the Attic opened at 7:00 a.m. with about 15-20 people standing in line. I got there at 6:50 a.m. and didn't have to wait too long. Nice to see vinyl enthusiasts waiting in line for their records!

I also picked up an apparently hard to find Wanda Jackson rarities record. I guess not too many copies were sent out. I got the 'Death Might Be Your Santa Claus' Christmas compilation LP and the Donny Hathaway 'This Christmas' 45 rpm in cool red and green Christmas vinyl!

They had about 10 or 12 copies of The Beach Boys  remaining when I left the store. How's the availability where you're at?

This is another nice item from Capital. They took the time, money and effort to design a really cool cover and gate fold. It gives me hope that Capital isn't done with the Beach Boys just yet. I can still see more product beyond the release of the box set. The entire reunion concert on CD is a no-brainer...you would think. We shall see.  Undecided
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2012, 10:49:50 AM »

I just got back in after doing a bit of shopping this morning. Attic Records in Millvale, PA. (Pittsburgh, PA) had 20 copies of the Beach Boys Mead/Pee-Chee folder/record. For Black Friday / Record Store day the Attic opened at 7:00 a.m. with about 15-20 people standing in line. I got there at 6:50 a.m. and didn't have to wait too long. Nice to see vinyl enthusiasts waiting in line for their records!

I also picked up an apparently hard to find Wanda Jackson rarities record. I guess not too many copies were sent out. I got the 'Death Might Be Your Santa Claus' Christmas compilation LP and the Donny Hathaway 'This Christmas' 45 rpm in cool red and green Christmas vinyl!

They had about 10 or 12 copies of The Beach Boys  remaining when I left the store. How's the availability where you're at?

This is another nice item from Capital. They took the time, money and effort to design a really cool cover and gate fold. It gives me hope that Capital isn't done with the Beach Boys just yet. I can still see more product beyond the release of the box set. The entire reunion concert on CD is a no-brainer...you would think. We shall see.  Undecided

What were they selling for?  The BBs was $18 and the Wanda, Merle Haggard and Faron Young releases $16 at the store I visited

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2012, 02:52:59 PM »

Is there no slip inside promoting the forthcoming box? Last year's Vibes n' Villains 10" has a slip for TSS after all…

“We live in divisive times.”
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2012, 02:54:59 PM »

Is there no slip inside promoting the forthcoming box? Last year's Vibes n' Villains 10" has a slip for TSS after all…

Nope, Zilch

Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2012, 03:28:57 PM »

Drove an hour from my in-laws in Paducah, Ky down to a cool little shop in Murray called Terrapin Station this afternoon...they only got one copy of the record and it was still there so I picked it up. $18. I thought it was a little pricey, but I did drive an hour for it, so whatever...

I like the packaging...it's a nice sleeve and the record itself looks pretty nice. Will listen when I get home Sunday night.

"I'm in a band. We're called the Beach Boys." ~ Brian Wilson
halblaineisgood
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2012, 03:34:55 PM »

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:37:15 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
SunnyDownSnuff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2012, 04:30:27 PM »

I didn't get this, partially because the songs aren't my favorites, but also because I thought it was a 78 RPM! I might have gotten it if I knew it was a 33.

I did pick up the reissue of the Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground single by The White Stripes on red (!) vinyl, and some used stuff. A good shopping day.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2012, 04:33:24 PM »

hfosdkh9fsd

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2012, 05:33:28 PM »

What were they selling for?  The BBs was $18 and the Wanda, Merle Haggard and Faron Young releases $16 at the store I visited
Drove an hour from my in-laws in Paducah, Ky down to a cool little shop in Murray called Terrapin Station this afternoon...they only got one copy of the record and it was still there so I picked it up. $18. I thought it was a little pricey, but I did drive an hour for it, so whatever...

I like the packaging...it's a nice sleeve and the record itself looks pretty nice. Will listen when I get home Sunday night.

$16 for Wanda Jackson. $20 for the Beach Boys. Well, we're supporting a small business and an independent record store so it's all good. They are providing a product that the chain stores can't be bothered with. It's good that the record companies continue to release quality vinyl and make them very collectable.

I'd love to see the new box set on vinyl. On second thought I'd just love to see the new box set.  Shrug
Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2012, 10:58:11 PM »

T'was $24 here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.  Ouch.  But I buy everything BB related.  I can't help myself.  It is purdy though...
Might buy a back up if they still have copies at other stores tomorrow (only one per customer at my local store).

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2012, 12:00:26 AM »

was £9.99 for me, or apparently $16.0195

JT PDX
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2012, 07:31:48 PM »

Drove an hour from my in-laws in Paducah, Ky
I admire your dedication! Also, I used your above and beyond effort to downplay my own obsessiveness in the eyes of my wife. Thanks!

The record sounds great and Isn't It Time (Single Version) sounds way better on vinyl compared to all of the internet versions I've heard. I didn't think the autotune seemed as bad. I think it was a fun idea to put their first and most recent singles on the same release. Fifty years pass with the flip of a record! Going off of this record alone, you would be convinced the Boys aged with extreme grace.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx