gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:57:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ask the Moderators  (Read 113212 times)
zachrwolfe
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2014, 04:17:08 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:09:27 PM by zatch » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2014, 06:04:31 PM »

That was a spambot. I banned the account. It posted 14 messages all in a short time.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
zachrwolfe
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2014, 07:51:28 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:09:23 PM by zatch » Logged
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2014, 02:39:05 PM »

I'm not sure where else to ask this:

When I visit the board, I keep getting a pop-up saying I have a new message, and would I like to view it now.  I've viewed it dozens of times by now and can't get rid of the pop-up.  Anyone able to help?  It has been days now since I got the original message.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2014, 04:34:19 PM »

I'm not sure where else to ask this:

When I visit the board, I keep getting a pop-up saying I have a new message, and would I like to view it now.  I've viewed it dozens of times by now and can't get rid of the pop-up.  Anyone able to help?  It has been days now since I got the original message.

Not quite the same, but for years, the footer showing total messages and new messages said I had 2 new messages as its baseline. If I got a new message, it would show 3, and so on upward, but instead of 0 it was always 2. Somewhere along the line, that went away and it's now accurate. No idea what happened. Maybe it's a similar phenomenon.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2014, 01:16:37 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:08:53 PM by zatch » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2014, 02:03:29 PM »

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2014, 09:34:56 AM »

It happens on both my phone and my laptop.
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2014, 07:30:51 AM »

Imagine a scenario where other user insults or in some other way writes something to a certain person to which this person wants to respond, but he doesn't want to derail the original conversation with personal off topic talk. He tries to send personal message to this other person, but he has blocked your messages. Is there any other possible way to respond personally to this other person's insults? It's a really bugging situation.
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2015, 05:14:05 AM »

Dear moderators.
I've run into this strange problem involving one Word, which apparently has been misused in a slandering way by some board members and Thus deemed inappropriate - and therefore will be automatically exchanged into another term when used!
The R-Word ending with 'etard' appears in a perfect palindromic limerick made by Will Thomas and is quoted by me several times in my wordgame threads.
But the auto-censor's alternate term completely ruins the Whole  limerick since it IS also a palindrome (where btw this R-Word has a total different meaning like 'holding back' or something).

So I only ask: Can the R-Word pass in this case  and the auto-censor be de-activated within the palindrome-threads or are there other options???

Comics/cartooniés
(Fun Fun FUNniés)/Graphic NOVELties
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2015, 02:54:11 AM »

I went to a thread I started that had many replies and now everything is gone and it says "error...or off limits to you" , Ive NEVER seen that message before.
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2015, 02:40:56 AM »

Dear moderators.
I've run into this strange problem involving one Word, which apparently has been misused in a slandering way by some board members and Thus deemed inappropriate - and therefore will be automatically exchanged into another term when used!
The R-Word ending with 'etard' appears in a perfect palindromic limerick made by Will Thomas and is quoted by me several times in my wordgame threads.
But the auto-censor's alternate term completely ruins the Whole  limerick since it IS also a palindrome (where btw this R-Word has a total different meaning like 'holding back' or something).

So I only ask: Can the R-Word pass in this case  and the auto-censor be de-activated within the palindrome-threads or are there other options???

...aHa...

Comics/cartooniés
(Fun Fun FUNniés)/Graphic NOVELties
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2015, 10:23:15 AM »

I'm obviously being stupid but my PM's have all disappeared. As in, I can't access my mailbox in any way at all! Where is it?!

Thanks in advance :-)

Tris

Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Love You, Adult/Child
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2015, 07:03:27 PM »

Hi moderators,
I'm guessing this is covered somewhere, but I've been unable to find it: how can I insert an image in a post? I see the "Insert Image" button, but what do I put between the tags?
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2015, 02:32:53 AM »

Hi moderators,
I'm guessing this is covered somewhere, but I've been unable to find it: how can I insert an image in a post? I see the "Insert Image" button, but what do I put between the tags?

Hey, I'm not a mod but can help you here. It's a bit of a faff but you first need to upload the image to a file host site (free and simple)
http://postimage.org/ Is a simple and easy one. That will give you a URL designed for forums, you can choose your size etc and the tags are often included.

Hope this helps.

Sjöman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2015, 03:14:43 AM »

how can I insert an image in a post? I see the "Insert Image" button, but what do I put between the tags?

Between the tags you put the web address (beginning with http:// and commonly ending with .jpg) of an image that already exists on the web. To get that address (known as the URL), you can right-click (or whatever is equivalent on your device) on an image on a web page and select "Copy image address" (or something similar saying "location" or "URL" instead of address), and then paste that address between the [img] and [/img] tags.

A way to figure out stuff like this is to click the quote button in a post with a posted image (such as this), and look at the code of that post.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 04:50:22 AM by Sjöman » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2015, 01:07:39 PM »

Hi moderators,

Hey, I'm not a mod but can help you here. It's a bit of a faff but you first need to upload the image to a file host site (free and simple)
http://postimage.org/ Is a simple and easy one. That will give you a URL designed for forums, you can choose your size etc and the tags are often included.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much!
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2015, 01:09:07 PM »

how can I insert an image in a post? I see the "Insert Image" button, but what do I put between the tags?

Between the tags you put the web address (beginning with http:// and commonly ending with .jpg) of an image that already exists on the web. To get that address (known as the URL), you can right-click (or whatever is equivalent on your device) on an image on a web page and select "Copy image address" (or something similar saying "location" or "URL" instead of address), and then paste that address between the [img][/img] tags.

A way to figure out stuff like this is to click the quote button in a post with a posted image (such as this), and look at the code of that post.
Thank you!!
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2015, 04:33:14 AM »

I'm obviously being stupid but my PM's have all disappeared. As in, I can't access my mailbox in any way at all! Where is it?!

Thanks in advance :-)

Tris

Ahh....so that's what that arrow thingy is for......

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2015, 05:23:58 PM »

Pretty sure I've violated the new rules a couple of times.  Embarrassed
Is it retroactive or starting today?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2015, 05:37:52 PM »

You're fine.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2015, 12:25:54 PM »

Updated rule #1 - " If after contacting them [the mods] you are not satisfied, you then should contact the board owner."

Small problem: doesn't work, because Chuckie doesn't respond. Ever. I've contacted him several times over the last two, three years regarding various issues I've had with the forum, and not received a single reply. Not. One.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2015, 09:22:16 PM »

Updated rule #1 - " If after contacting them [the mods] you are not satisfied, you then should contact the board owner."

Small problem: doesn't work, because Chuckie doesn't respond. Ever. I've contacted him several times over the last two, three years regarding various issues I've had with the forum, and not received a single reply. Not. One.

If he did, surly you'd be his most active customer.  police

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2015, 01:31:20 PM »

Somehow wilsonart1's 'Dennis location' thread ended up on the BW Q&A board.  Undecided
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2015, 01:35:25 PM »

I need to move it...

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx