gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:14:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: mike and bruce in biloxi - preliminary report  (Read 8167 times)
mcgrupp
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2012, 10:16:59 PM »

It's really bizarre to have this experience so close after coming home from the UK.  Ill post some thoughts and pics tomorrow I guess.  Here's the list I may have missed one somewhere:

Do it Again
Little Honda
Catch a wave
Hawaii
Surf City
Surfin safari
Surfer girl
Don't worry baby
Little deuce coup
shut you down
get around
ballad of old Betsy
Getcha back
Be true to your school
Fools
When I grow up to be a man
Forever
God only knows
Sloop
wouldn't it be nice
Cali girls
Kissed her
Good vibrations
Kokomo
Rhonda
Rock and roll music
Do you wanna dance
Barbara Ann
surfin usa
summertime blues
fun fun fun
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 10:21:02 PM »

Must be weird seeing them open the show with "do it again" without the rest of the guys

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 10:25:36 PM »

Yeah, Shady, it must be real weird, huh?   It's just not the same without Brian, Al, and Dave, is it Shady?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 10:41:00 PM »

Are we back to this Mikie? huh, are we Mikie?

No it's not

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 11:14:40 PM »

Well, it seems like you're dragging out the familiar anti-sentiment propaganda against Mike & Bruce for resuming their tour schedule without Brian, Al, and Dave.  Haven't you gotten a little tired of that subject by now Shady, or you just like stirring it up on yet another thread?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 11:30:07 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 12:02:32 AM »

Mikie, you are one of my least favorite posters on this board.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 12:04:47 AM »

Feeling's mutual, son.  Just skip my posts, K?  Thanks in advance.  Grin

Can't even read a thread around here without Shady or somebody whining about the Beach Boys going off in different ways. Get over it! Move on with your lives! It's going to be OK!

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,14528.msg328784.html#msg328784
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 12:15:59 AM by Mikie » Logged

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 12:16:03 AM »

Yeah, that annoys me too, but I don't see the point in calling any one person in particular out on it.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 12:19:54 AM »

I thought it strange to see Brian playing a buncha hits without Mike, Bruce, Alan & David the other day. Just sayin'.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 12:23:15 AM »

AGD, that's annoying!  Get over it!  Move on with your life!  It's going to be OK!   Grin

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 12:33:28 AM »

No, it's just wrong, Brian exploiting all the goodwill so soon after the C50 tour: has the man no shame ?  Roll Eyes

Danimalist
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 12:42:30 AM »

I thought it strange to see Brian playing a buncha hits without Mike, Bruce, Alan & David the other day. Just sayin'.

Not so weird. They're his songs.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 01:21:55 AM »

No, it's just wrong, Brian exploiting all the goodwill so soon after the C50 tour: has the man no shame ?  Roll Eyes
LOL LOL LOL
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 01:27:01 AM »

I wish Brian would do more of his solo songs on his solo tours, and less of the hits. In recent years, the setlists for his shows and M&B shows have been very similar.  It's different when he has an album to promote, but when he does the oldies shows it's usually not as good.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RBennett123
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 01:28:42 AM »

Can't we all just agree it's a bummer to see Brian and Mike/Bruce play separately instead of arguing passive aggressively about which one has the right to? It's not happening right now...period. I am mostly a reader on this board and have been frequenting it daily for a few years now, but I am sick to death of seeing the same stuff posted over and over again on almost every thread posted about this situation recently. Mike is doing his thing, Brian is doing his. Hopefully (PLEASE), they will get back together and release the rock and roll album and do another tour (saw them in Eugene, OR in July...Amazing), but until then, let's just move on and let it be. Just my opinion.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 01:51:04 AM »

Amen to that.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 02:20:27 AM »

Do It Again drums start, Scott Totten comes on stage with a yellow gretch guitar and announces; "Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the Beach Boys 50th Anniversary concert touuuur....Please welcome from Hawthorne, California, the Original Beach Boys Da....Bruce Johnston, Michael Edward Love and Briaaaaa....that's all folks!   "

tbh that setlist is the least exciting one I ever saw. Looks like these guys are Conservative in many respects...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:25:22 AM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 03:24:25 AM »

Do It Again drums start, Scott Totten comes on stage with a yellow gretch guitar and announces; "Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the Beach Boys 50th Anniversary concert touuuur....Please welcome from Hawthorne, California, the Original Beach Boys Da....Bruce Johnston, Michael Edward Love and Briaaaaa....that's all folks!   "

tbh that setlist is the least exciting one I ever saw. Looks like these guys are Conservative in many respects...

Author says the setlist might be incomplete. Brian's set at the HOB was just as safe and unexciting.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 03:47:59 AM »

Not so weird. They're his songs.

Sarcasm not your strong suit, huh ?  Smiley

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 03:50:43 AM »

(saw them in Eugene, OR in July...Amazing)

Well make your mind up - was it Eugene or July ? Matters to some of us.  Razz

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2012, 05:34:52 AM »

This board really gets on my nerves this past week.

@mcgrupp, thanks for the setlist! How was the show? Did Mike or Bruce mention anything about Brian, David or Al?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2012, 05:49:36 AM »

This board really gets on my nerves this past week.
It really is a disgrace, and takes much of the fun out of the whole fan message board experience (at least for me).
When SmileySmile is at the top of its game as a message board it's f*ckin' brilliant (great discussions, on the spot with new information, inside scoops, special guests, funny users etc.)... but then again, at times, it's downright nasty. We're better than this, guys.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2012, 06:14:23 AM »

We are ?  Well hot damn, who knew ?

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2012, 06:17:57 AM »

We are ?  Well hot damn, who knew ?
... that's just sad, AGD.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2012, 07:33:17 AM »

Can't we all just agree it's a bummer to see Brian and Mike/Bruce play separately instead of arguing passive aggressively about which one has the right to? It's not happening right now...period. I am mostly a reader on this board and have been frequenting it daily for a few years now, but I am sick to death of seeing the same stuff posted over and over again on almost every thread posted about this situation recently. Mike is doing his thing, Brian is doing his. Hopefully (PLEASE), they will get back together and release the rock and roll album and do another tour (saw them in Eugene, OR in July...Amazing), but until then, let's just move on and let it be. Just my opinion.

I share your opinion, RBennett.  Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx