gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:30:09 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BW & Band: private show @ House of Blues, Dallas (October 12th 2012)  (Read 34235 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2012, 01:01:44 PM »

Ritchie is a great sound engineer; he has been mixing Brian's shows for several years. He also engineers for Buffett.  The mix at RAH and at Wembley had huevos !

Eggs ?  Huh

Yes, eggs.  Not only does he engineer Buffett, he also engineers buffet.

LOL

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2012, 02:12:35 PM »

That was classic. Lettuce not forget that one.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2012, 03:02:41 PM »

This is a trifling matter

Nicko1234
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2012, 03:50:14 PM »

Your premise that "the whole reunion was done in line with what Brian (or Melinda) wanted" is thought-provoking, but wasn't the case at all. There was considerable compromise on both sides, and the notion/agreement to even do a C50 tour goes back somewhat longer than most suspect. None of the events of recent times have been conceived in isolation. I'd wager there's been some pretty high-powered horse trading been going on for some time.

I didn`t mean it literally. I meant really that the method of touring was much more in line with what Brian does solo and the touring band contained all of Brian`s main people. Obviously Mike would have wanted some assurances and would have pushed for certain things because otherwise he wouldn`t have given up the M&B show.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2012, 05:07:43 PM »

Brian does Dallas!  Where's Debbie?  Where's Taylor?

Hey, there's one Tasty Brother - all we need is Jimmy Hines and we got two back! 

Cool to see Bob Lizik back on bass, even if it might be temporary.

Time heals all wounds?

Time wounds all heals

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2012, 06:25:37 AM »

I live in Dallas. Could I have gone if I wanted to? Of course it says private show so I assume not.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2012, 07:22:33 AM »

SMiLE will never come out. The tapes are distroyed

distroyed?Huh haven't heard that story before.. Smiley

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2012, 03:37:28 PM »

Your premise that "the whole reunion was done in line with what Brian (or Melinda) wanted" is thought-provoking, but wasn't the case at all. There was considerable compromise on both sides, and the notion/agreement to even do a C50 tour goes back somewhat longer than most suspect. None of the events of recent times have been conceived in isolation. I'd wager there's been some pretty high-powered horse trading been going on for some time.

I didn`t mean it literally. I meant really that the method of touring was much more in line with what Brian does solo and the touring band contained all of Brian`s main people. Obviously Mike would have wanted some assurances and would have pushed for certain things because otherwise he wouldn`t have given up the M&B show.

Piece of advice - if you don't mean something literally, don't state it as fact, they way you did. Aside from tending to make you look a little foolish by claiming to know something you, in fact, don't, it also rather annoys those folk who do know what was going on (and I'm not referring to myself here, before someone jumps on that remark as self-aggrandising).

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Nicko1234
« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2012, 05:21:24 PM »

Piece of advice - if you don't mean something literally, don't state it as fact, they way you did. Aside from tending to make you look a little foolish by claiming to know something you, in fact, don't, it also rather annoys those folk who do know what was going on (and I'm not referring to myself here, before someone jumps on that remark as self-aggrandising).

Fair enough but I think you could do with chilling out a little. You have jumped on quite a few people recently for no particular reason.

Everybody on the forums is giving their opinions on situations but that doesn`t mean that they always use `imo` in every post. I didn`t state what I wrote was fact and as I`ve already stressed that it wasn`t meant literally and you`ve said that you weren`t annoyed then there`s not really a problem is there.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2012, 12:27:07 AM »

Fair enough but I think you could do with chilling out a little. You have jumped on quite a few people recently for no particular reason.

Yes, I have, and it's not something I'm particularly proud of... but as it happens I have an excellent, non-BB connected, reason. Which is of course no excuse.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 18, 2012, 02:10:42 AM »

All the best Andrew.

BTW. Unless I've missed it. I don't recall reading anything from you with regard to the London gigs. Did you attend any?
MBE
« Reply #161 on: October 18, 2012, 02:24:25 AM »

Yes, I have, and it's not something I'm particularly proud of... but as it happens I have an excellent, non-BB connected, reason. Which is of course no excuse.
Well I hope the situation clears up, take care.
P.S. I also would love to hear what you thought of the show(s) you saw on the tour.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:04:58 AM by Mike Eder » Logged
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2012, 02:48:59 AM »

AGD 'jumped' on me once, putting me right where I was wrong. As he had every right so to do. I stated something that was incorrect and he corrected me. Nobody died, there were no natural disasters....maybe I and a few other people learned something.

I believe AGD was at Wembley but I didn't manage to meet him. Probably to his advantage Smiley
Nicko1234
« Reply #163 on: October 18, 2012, 03:18:32 AM »

That`s cool and I can understand that. For what it`s worth I apologize for a jokey comment I made in another thread about you `experimenting with the dosage` at the moment as I meant nothing by it. I value your writing on the band and have transported your book with me thousands of miles around the world. Hope all will be good soon.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2012, 06:22:50 AM »

I was indeed at Wembley - dude with the silver goatee and the stars'n'stripes rugger - and I was just blown away. Never seen Brian so engaged. EVER.  All round, a magnificent gig and a fitting end to The real Beach Boys. It was a welcome oasis of joy in a desert of general sh*t.

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2012, 06:29:12 AM »

I was indeed at Wembley - dude with the silver goatee and the stars'n'stripes rugger - and I was just blown away. Never seen Brian so engaged. EVER.  All round, a magnificent gig and a fitting end to The real Beach Boys. It was a welcome oasis of joy in a desert of general sh*t.

I hope things improve for you Andrew.
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2012, 07:32:25 AM »

I hope things improve for you Andrew.

So do I!

Cheers,
Jon Blum
Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2012, 09:22:42 AM »

I live in Dallas. Could I have gone if I wanted to? Of course it says private show so I assume not.

Me too.  My heart sank when I found out BW played less than 15 minutes from where I live and I knew nothing about it.  Hell, I'd have even just listened from the parking lot.

"Jeff, you care." --BW
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2012, 03:46:50 PM »

Me too.  My heart sank when I found out BW played less than 15 minutes from where I live and I knew nothing about it.  Hell, I'd have even just listened from the parking lot.

You know you're a Brian Wilson fan when......

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx