gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:44:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys: Stamos, Love, Johnston  (Read 80458 times)
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2012, 01:59:38 PM »

seriously... when did they start including Stamos in the official publicity shot? this is the photo they're using to promote this weekend's Biloxi shows. I'm pretty much speechless.

http://beaurivage.com/entertainment/entertainment_headliners_detail.aspx?id=2341
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 02:01:50 PM »

More Fuel onto the fire... Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 02:03:49 PM »

Isn't that shot of Stamos quite poorly photo-shopped on to an existing picture of Mike and Bruce ?
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 02:04:48 PM »

These pictures were taken before the tour, they were contractually obligated to use these pictures and are merely living up to their contractual obligations! We've known they were going to use Stamosy, beardy Mike PR shots since JUNE at least. This is old news!

Or something.

Mike would be pretty awesome as Mephistopheles in FAUST with that look. I'd love to see him appear in a blast of smoke and fire on stage.

Methinks, by most, 'twill be confess'd
That Stamos is never quite a welcome guest.

What dazzles, for the Moment spends its spirit:
What's genuine, shall Johnston inherit.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:10:13 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 02:11:41 PM »

STAMOS LOST A HAND HE CAN'T PLAY GUITAR ANYMORE YEAH!  3D

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 02:17:19 PM »

Isn't that shot of Stamos quite poorly photo-shopped on to an existing picture of Mike and Bruce ?

that's sooooo poorly photoshopped. oh my god.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 02:27:17 PM »

It also looks like they photoshopped Mike Love's face... onto Mike Love's face.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 02:30:53 PM »

BURN THEM ALL
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 02:34:02 PM »

BURN THEM ALL
Whoa man, not going pyro over this.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 02:38:04 PM »

Mike and Bruce are starting to come off like the Michale Myers mask. Just faceless, soulless death personified......
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »

Mike and Bruce are starting to come off like the Michale Myers mask. Just faceless, soulless death personified......
The endless summer will do that to a man.... Cool Guy

Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 02:53:36 PM »

When did Burl Ives become a Beach Boy?
KokoNO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 02:56:03 PM »

Stamos' Forever > Dennis' Forever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 03:09:17 PM »

Are Mike n Bruce gonna sing along to a clip of Stamos singing along to a clip of the 50th Beach Boys singing along to a clip of Dennis and then the clip goes off the rails and Stamos will come out and save the day, and then the clip will go off the rails and Stamos will come out and save the day??
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 03:10:59 PM by Erik H » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 03:11:42 PM »

It's like the C50 tour changed nothing.

Were back to where we began

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 03:48:56 PM »

From Austin media prior to their show:
http://www.kvue.com/entertainment/slideshows/The-Beach-Boys-John-Stamos-come-to-Austin-172843411.html

Of course, the inevitable queston:

There were reports Love, who legally owns the band name, fired Wilson and the others at the end of the tour. Love says that’s not true.

“Like they said, I fired my cousin Brian, come on, I can't fire him even if I wanted to, which I don't!” Love said. “We agreed to get together for a reunion tour that would last, it was to be 40 shows in the U.S. and 40 overseas. It was negotiated and agreed upon by all concerned that there would be a beginning and an end. It got misconstrued in the public.”

That's all. Huh huh...a misunderstanding, see? Dum dee dum..move along now. Nothing to see here!

BTW - the Stamos photos made me throw up a bit. Do you get the feeling that this guy has been itching and scratchin' to get back into the band? Man. Relentless. An absolute attention whore, that.

What's next? Stamos Forever - Ringo NEVER!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 03:50:49 PM by Doo Dah » Logged

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 03:52:31 PM »

Wish we could carry out our protest plans in Austin.

southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 04:19:57 PM »

So through all of this I haven't seen anybody ask this question--what the freak is wrong with Bruce Johnston?  Why does he continue to hitch his wagon to Mike Love, especially now? I mean, I guess we have figured out why Love does it.  But why Johnston?  He is independently the wealthiest of them all.  Does he not see the forest for the trees?  What is really in this for him to continue to choose Love over Brian and Jardine? 

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2012, 04:32:40 PM »

Stamos is a cancer, best removed

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2012, 05:18:13 PM »

So through all of this I haven't seen anybody ask this question--what the freak is wrong with Bruce Johnston?  Why does he continue to hitch his wagon to Mike Love, especially now? I mean, I guess we have figured out why Love does it.  But why Johnston?  He is independently the wealthiest of them all.  Does he not see the forest for the trees?  What is really in this for him to continue to choose Love over Brian and Jardine?  

Maybe it's because Mike knows how to actually make a buck and not lose money on his tours where Brian and Al are happy to play music for the music's sake, even if it means playing to half empty houses (or junior high school soccer fields in Al's case) and are a couple of, ya know, success haters!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 05:26:50 PM by Erik H » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2012, 06:07:23 PM »

So through all of this I haven't seen anybody ask this question--what the freak is wrong with Bruce Johnston?  Why does he continue to hitch his wagon to Mike Love, especially now? I mean, I guess we have figured out why Love does it.  But why Johnston?  He is independently the wealthiest of them all.  Does he not see the forest for the trees?  What is really in this for him to continue to choose Love over Brian and Jardine? 

Bruce kinda had nowhere to go, BB-wise anyway, after it all splintered in 1998. He either had to retire or stay on with Mike. If the various stories about David Marks being integrated into the band in 1997 are any indication, there was also a legal and/or PR motivation to have any other "actual" BB's in the band once Carl and Al were gone from the band. Hence, we eventually got the "Bruce has been touring with the Beach Boys longer than Carl Wilson or Al Jardine" comments from some fans.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2012, 07:09:34 PM »

I'm not sure I'll ever completely understand the vitriol for Stamos. I wish he'd stop playing drums, but I don't see what's any different about him playing guitar and singing vs. Christian Love doing the same. Do people just hate actors? I honestly think its cool that Stamos wants to do this, he's definitely making less money/feeding his "ego" less touring with "The Beach Boys" than he would be acting.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 07:24:04 PM »

I'm not sure I'll ever completely understand the vitriol for Stamos. I wish he'd stop playing drums, but I don't see what's any different about him playing guitar and singing vs. Christian Love doing the same. Do people just hate actors? I honestly think its cool that Stamos wants to do this, he's definitely making less money/feeding his "ego" less touring with "The Beach Boys" than he would be acting.

I think it's because it reeks of Mike trying to be "hip". What Mike doesn't understand is that nobody really thinks Stamos is hip. And it reinforces the idea that Mike is out of touch. And Stamos playing with them is also just lame because he doesn't really deserve to be up there. What did he do to deserve to play on stage with The Beach Boys. Even The Beach Boys kids deserve it more, because they actually PROVED they deserved it by proving their musical chops.
Nicko1234
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 09:20:26 PM »

I think it's because it reeks of Mike trying to be "hip". What Mike doesn't understand is that nobody really thinks Stamos is hip. And it reinforces the idea that Mike is out of touch. And Stamos playing with them is also just lame because he doesn't really deserve to be up there. What did he do to deserve to play on stage with The Beach Boys. Even The Beach Boys kids deserve it more, because they actually PROVED they deserved it by proving their musical chops.

If Mike thinks that Stamos is hip then that`s his fault and not Stamos`s. I think it`s more that Mike thinks that Stamos sells tickets and this has proven to be true in the past.

Stamos seems like a thoroughly good guy and a genuine fan of the band. If I were going to see an M&B show then I`d be happy enough for him to be there to see Forever being performed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2012, 09:26:51 PM »

Stamos was hip in 1990. Roll Eyes

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx