gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:06:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trick or Treat (Halloween Song)  (Read 5684 times)
SgtTimBob
Smiley Smile Associate

Music Maker Extrodonaire

View Profile WWW
« on: October 10, 2012, 05:22:14 PM »

Just a quick song I did for the spooky season. We got lost in the woods after doing the video and didn't have a torch... it got dark very quickly, hilarity ensured, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjIZOCoW0ZA

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 08:11:11 AM »

Can't believe I missed this, Halloween is one of my most favorite holidays! I really liked the video, very adventurous. The whole time I watched it, it seemed like I was there, in the forest. Suspect you've done the video in 3D. If not, then wow, excellent quality!
As for hilarity, not sure what you meant by that. Maybe how funnily the monster ran, channeling Quasimodo? Btw, there's obvious BBs influence, since they also wore masks hiding behind the tree in the PS clip. Besides, at 20th second, you did leg triangles gradually getting closer to the camera, like The Boys did in the SJB video.

The song is fabulous! Though firstly I wasn't so keen on it. Great arrangements, vocals & all. You really captured the dark, freakish yet entertaining context of Halloween. Easily one of your best works. And now it's in my collection, for free! Thanks for posting it, Mr. McGaw! Much appreciated.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
SgtTimBob
Smiley Smile Associate

Music Maker Extrodonaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 02:23:46 PM »

Oh thanks so much for the nice comments. Funny you mentioned the SJB video, because when I was trying to come up with an idea for how to do a video for this, I was thinking about doing something along those lines. Just simple funny poses done in a faux stop-motion style although the masks from that video didn't even cross my mind until now hehe.

Cheers again, really glad you liked it and I always appreciate nice feedback!

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 05:38:07 PM »

The Beach Boys meet Danny Elfman. I like it!
humanoidboogie
Smiley Smile Associate

deer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 02:44:06 AM »

Thumbs up for the song, the video and the Flying V uke!
SgtTimBob
Smiley Smile Associate

Music Maker Extrodonaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 02:44:25 PM »

Thanks! Had to buy that Uke when I saw it hehe.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 05:18:36 AM »

The Beach Boys meet Danny Elfman. I like it!
Haven't seen "Edward Scissorshands" for ages, so I can't check your basis. That said, I vaguely recall the score had the same suspicious chords with a lil bit of humor all over. I think generally that could be said of everything Elfman. So that's where similarity occurs. Now, re differences, I'm not sure there was harpsichord (real or fake) in his orchestra.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 06:44:36 AM »

This is big favorite - in fact, listening right now. Somebody said before that you sound like Jeff Foskett. Don't rmbr if I agreed; if I did, I don't hear it now. Jeff goes shrieky, your voice when it hits high notes is smooth. I'd say you sound like yourself. It is good.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 03:34:50 AM »

Revisiting this page to tell it stays big favorite. I'm glad to see that the video been saved in flash drive I retrieved today. Really cool visuals, like 5D.  It would be cool if in big shopping houses they played this song loud & it'd give really cool shopping time adding cool frightful scenery whilst walking in it. People who didn't listen to it & see - listen to it & see, by any means, even when the ears disobey to listen to it & eyes to see it. You'll enjoy.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2019, 03:59:45 PM »

Would be good if SgtTimBob shared link to his new music. Really liked the other holiday tunes - "Good King Wenceslas" (coolly done cover) & "Easter Bunny".

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx