gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:11:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Worst albums of all time.  (Read 33017 times)
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »

What would you consider to be the worst album of all time?  LOL
here's my top 10 terrible albums:

10. Souljaboytellem.com- Soulja Boy Tell 'Em
9. All Or Nothing- Milli Vanilli
8. We Are Young Money By Young Money
7. Metallica- St. Anger
6. Anything by Lady Gaga
5. Soundtrack of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
4. Soundtrack of Across The Universe
3. Anything by Justin Bieber
2. Anything by Skrillex
1. American Idiot By Green Day
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 09:54:14 PM by EClarke » Logged
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 10:18:55 PM »

Agree with those

MBE
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 10:34:30 PM »

The catalog of Yoko Ono, any ten will do. I love John but her.......
cablegeddon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 04:15:26 AM »

As far as major label releases go I would say any random Lenny Kravitz album. The albums that I've heard from basically consist of 2 to 3 singles and a bunch fillers.

Insomanic and Nimrod are far worse than American idiot.

Brian Wilson fan since august 2011
cablegeddon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 04:24:10 AM »

The catalog of Yoko Ono, any ten will do. I love John but her.......

I met one of the guys who is in her band this summer and he was pretty pompous about it. Had I known that this is the sentiment among rock fans I probably would have laughed him off.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 04:26:06 AM »

Mike, maybe you should try the Yoko 'remix' album that came out a few years ago, called Yes I'm A Witch? She writes surprisingly beautiful songs underneath the wavering vocal style.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 04:55:31 AM »

From the ones I own and have heard  :

Aerosmith - Permanent Vacation
Aerosmith - Get A Grip
Aerosmith - Just Push Play
The Beach Boys - Summer In Paradise
Paul McCartney - McCartney II
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 05:04:55 AM »

Don't know about "of all time" but when I listened to Bob Dylan's "Highway 61 Revisited" record, I didn't like it. And still don't. I downloaded this exact album because of its fame & many musical critics gave plenty of accolades to it. So, after hearing the album track-by-track I was disappointed & never after this case I followed critics' words about 1 or another music. Saying that, I sort of agree with Mick Jagger re Desolation Row, it's really pleasant & has some beauty moments, though also it's too long.

Other so-called worst albums:

George Harrison - self-titled (very dull, nothing grabbed me here), Brainwashed (the title says it all)
Paul McCartney - Press to Play (except for However Absurd &  Good Times Coming-Feel The Sun, esp. the 2nd song segment of the latter)
Bruce Johnston - Going Public
Linda McCartney - Wide Prairie (to me it's worse than any Yoko's records)
The Hollies - Butterfly (many like it but imo Evolution from the same year is much-much better, as well as their early albums)
The Millennium - Begin (except It's You & 5 A.M., the rest isn't my cup of tea. Blight doesn't count since it's some bonus track)

That's all I can recall by now. Speaking of "anything by Lady Gaga" or "anything by Justin Bieber", I can't comment anything, because I hadn't listened to them. Btw, I like Lady Gaga's voice & even shall say that she's the best girl singer nowadays imo.

She's not real.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 05:12:15 AM »

Anything by Aerosmith. The biggest cheesecake catalogue in rock.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 06:11:06 AM »

Lady Gaga ain't THAT bad. Notions of authenticity when it comes to pop music rub me up the wrong way anyway. The Beach Boys didn't play on their own records either! Yadda yadda. Just listen to Hair and be blown away by how ridiculous that song is.

And she is a p decent singer, imo.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:12:24 AM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 06:37:03 AM »

Hype, the Beach Boys DID play on their albums! Heck, even Pet Sounds had 'That's Not Me'.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 06:45:07 AM »

Hype, the Beach Boys DID play on their albums! Heck, even Pet Sounds had 'That's Not Me'.

It was just the first bogus argument of rock authenticity that sprang to mind! Substitute The Beach Boys for The Monkees then, or something  Grin

Jason
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 08:04:16 AM »

Hey, even the Monkees eventually played on their own records.

Born Again by Black Sabbath is definitely a contender for worst album of all time. It sure LOOKED good on paper - Ian Gillan plus the original instrumental trio from the old days. But combined with a shitty attempt to "out-heavy" everyone else, instead of the heaviest album ever, they ended up with the sludgiest. Hardcore Sabbath fans defend this one to the death and I still don't know why.

Any number of Elvis Presley's 1960s soundtrack albums are easy shoe-ins. In fact, if you listen to the 1963-67 soundtrack albums in succession and then listen to How Great Thou Art, the sheer jump in quality is staggering.

Keepin' the Summer Alive would fit the bill.
Eireannach
Smiley Smile Associate

bedårar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 08:09:25 AM »

Van Halen - 3

Brutal.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 08:30:41 AM »

Don't know about "of all time" but when I listened to Bob Dylan's "Highway 61 Revisited" record, I didn't like it. And still don't. I downloaded this exact album because of its fame & many musical critics gave plenty of accolades to it. So, after hearing the album track-by-track I was disappointed & never after this case I followed critics' words about 1 or another music. Saying that, I sort of agree with Mick Jagger re Desolation Row, it's really pleasant & has some beauty moments, though also it's too long.

George Harrison - self-titled (very dull, nothing grabbed me here), Brainwashed (the title says it all)
Paul McCartney - Press to Play (except for However Absurd &  Good Times Coming-Feel The Sun, esp. the 2nd song segment of the latter)
The Hollies - Butterfly (many like it but imo Evolution from the same year is much-much better, as well as their early albums)
The Millennium - Begin (except It's You & 5 A.M., the rest isn't my cup of tea. Blight doesn't count since it's some bonus track)

That's all I can recall by now. Speaking of "anything by Lady Gaga" or "anything by Justin Bieber", I can't comment anything, because I hadn't listened to them. Btw, I like Lady Gaga's voice & even shall say that she's the best girl singer nowadays imo.

She's not real.
Really? I thought Lady Gaga is a real singer with real voice, not computer girl with some effects on vocals. Thanks for the info, if so, EgoHanger.

No, I mean you aren't real! It was a bit of a joke. I can't believe someone would place The Hollies' Butterfly and The Milennium on a worst albums list. Anything the Hollies did in the 60s belong nowhere close to a list of worst ANYTHING.

Jason
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 08:41:39 AM »

Van Halen - 3

Brutal.

Yeah, that's another shitty, shitty one.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 08:45:43 AM »

She's not real.
Really? I thought Lady Gaga is a real singer with real voice, not computer girl with some effects on vocals. Thanks for the info, if so, EgoHanger.

No, I mean you aren't real! It was a bit of a joke. I can't believe someone would place The Hollies' Butterfly and The Millennium on a worst albums list. Anything the Hollies did in the 60s belong nowhere close to a list of worst ANYTHING.
Oh, I see now. I respect your taste but still I'm entitled to what I said. It's just my ears.

I understand, but you really have to give that album another chance. Part of it's charm is that Graham Nash wanted so hard to be like The Beatles. He probably smoked some pot and tried to come up with metaphors for getting high. It's so fun listening to Graham try to keep his group current, and the other guys probably didn't have a clue about what in the hell was going on. So you get faux-psychedelia like Elevated Observations and Try It. And then there are the pop masterpieces - Would You Believe (it's so majestic!), Postcard, Dear Eloise, and Away Away Away. I make no excuses for Pegasus, however.

cablegeddon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 09:44:22 AM »

Van Halen - 3

Brutal.

Yeah, that's another sh*tty, sh*tty one.
without you is really good

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 10:11:13 AM »

Wow someone said McCartney II.

Coming Up, Waterfalls, On The Way, Temporary Secretary... Some of Macca's coolest songs!

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 10:58:58 AM »

I shall fight the man who said McCartney II.

rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 11:07:02 AM »

What would you consider to be the worst album of all time?  LOL
here's my top 10 terrible albums:

10. Souljaboytellem.com- Soulja Boy Tell 'Em
9. All Or Nothing- Milli Vanilli
8. We Are Young Money By Young Money
7. Metallica- St. Anger
6. Anything by Lady Gaga
5. Soundtrack of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
4. Soundtrack of Across The Universe
3. Anything by Justin Bieber
2. Anything by Skrillex
1. American Idiot By Green Day

Well, All Or Nothing would be the European version of the album released in the US as Girl You Know It's True. The latter album has "Blame It On The Rain," their best song, and All Or Nothing doesn't - so it makes sense to have it on here.

I'd give Skrillex a break if for no other reason than he's worked with Van Dyke.

And I gotta say that listening to the Sgt Pepper soundtrack is an easier thing to do that actually seeing the movie. Same applies to that other strange Beatle-soundtrack pic of the time, "All This And World War II." Parts of it can be seen on Youtube and you really gotta wonder what it was like to be one of the few stoners that actually caught it in a theater.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 11:17:29 AM by rn57 » Logged
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »

Coming Up, Waterfalls, On The Way, Temporary Secretary... Some of Macca's coolest songs!

McCartney II is a polarizing record.  It's either one of those records you are going to love or are going to hate.  Personally I love it and I'm glad that the deluxe edition that came out awhile back finally expounded on all of Macca's experimental music of that period.  Some of those instrumentals, "Front Parlour", "Frozen Jap", "Blue Sway" are really trippy.  I love putting those on in the car and just driving. 

"Press To Play" isn't as bad as some people like to think it is.  Some good stuff on there although it is McCartney's attempt to create a record that would gel with the eighties record buying public was listening to at the time.

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 12:19:09 PM »

I shall fight the man who said McCartney II.

To be honest, it's been some time since I shelved it. I'll put it on tomorrow to see if anything has changed, then I'll gladly share my opinions about it.
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 12:28:23 PM »

Can anyone explain the appeal of Lady Gaga?  I got the appeal of Bieber, in that little girls who don't know any better dig his music...he's just the latest in a long time of pop princes processed by the industry.  

But some people seem to think GaGa actually has some actual value musically?  Expound please?  

I got nothing to say but it's okay...Good morning!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 01:13:19 PM by JohnMill » Logged

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
cablegeddon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 12:53:42 PM »

Can anyone explain the appeal of Lady Gaga?  I got the appeal of Bieber, in that little girls who don't know any better dig his music...he's just the latest in a long time of pop princes processed by the industry. 

But some people seem to think GaGa actually has some actually value musically?  Expound please? 

I got nothing to say but it's okay...Good morning!
Who cares. It's catchy and dance floor friendly. That's about it, not my cup of tea.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx