gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681011 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 07:20:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love Sets The Record Straight.  (Read 42854 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2012, 01:44:02 PM »

Keep in mind that for a more permanent reunion, there may be some legal and/or contractual details to be sorted out...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:29:41 PM by Pope Myke Benedict XXX » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2012, 01:45:59 PM »

Keep in mind that for a more permanent reunion, there maybe some legal and/or contractual details to be sorted out...
You can bet your sweet bippy there will be. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2012, 01:47:20 PM »

Isn't it sad that this cool, joyful reunion tour and album ends with this terrible discussions? The boys had a great time touring and certainly healing some wounds and now they are faced with this crap. Do people really think Mike would wanna do another Beach Boys tour when he gets slagged off even for that?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
oldsurferdude
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2012, 01:49:34 PM »

The deification of Mike Love continues.....

This article reeks of ghost writing, Mike would never have time to write something like this while touring all the time.

During the 10-hour flight across Atlantic:

1. Read recent 'sacking' articles...

2. Pitch a small fit...

3. Sit down with your publicist and draft a response...

4. Approve publicists polished version of what you dictated to him.

Admit it, you're a closet Blooie, aren't you ?  Cheesy
That is ghostwriting. I ain't no bloo, I'm not a suck up to Mike Love and call history as it went. Mike has reinvented history the last few years. Acting like he is Brian's number one collaborator when Brian had Gary Usher, Roger Christian, Bob Norburg, Tony Asher, and Van Dyke Parks to write songs.
The mere fact that Myke Luhv can't write decent lyrics is proof positive that he did not write this article-guarantee he scratched a few lines down, gave it to his servant and told him to write something up. By the way. the only Blooey here is the AGDster-he posts over there all the time and he ain't too well liked either. LOL LOL LOL
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 01:53:20 PM by oldsurferdude » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2012, 01:52:41 PM »

I'm a member of the Mike Love fan club. You get a membership card, and, up until a year or two ago, they would send out a newletter every few months with tour dates and Mike Love news items and the like. But the internet sort of made the newsletter worthless, the information would be months out of date and therefore "old news" by the time it arrived in the mail.

And all that for 14,50 $ ?  Grin

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2012, 01:55:13 PM »

The mere fact that Myke Luhv can't write decent lyrics is proof positive that he did not write this article

Who wrote the lyrics to 'Warmth of the Sun', 'Please Let Me Wonder', 'She Knows Me Too Well', 'All I Wanna Do', ect.? You're right, they weren't 'decent', they were pretty damn good.

the only Blooy here is the AGDsterhe posts over there all the time and he ain't too well liked either.

' AGDsterhe ' ?! What the blue gravy f*** is that supposed to be? I know some kind of play on AGD's name, but quite frankly I don't get it.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
oldsurferdude
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2012, 02:08:02 PM »

The mere fact that Myke Luhv can't write decent lyrics is proof positive that he did not write this article

Who wrote the lyrics to 'Warmth of the Sun', 'Please Let Me Wonder', 'She Knows Me Too Well', 'All I Wanna Do', ect.? You're right, they weren't 'decent', they were pretty damn good.

the only Blooy here is the AGDsterhe posts over there all the time and he ain't too well liked either.

' AGDsterhe ' ?! What the blue gravy f*** is that supposed to be? I know some kind of play on AGD's name, but quite frankly I don't get it.
That's not all you don't get. Read it again genius.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2012, 02:12:35 PM »

Thank you OSD for providing such a nuanced and varied point of view  Razz
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2012, 02:15:31 PM »

Okay smartass, I did read it again. Better use of the space bar and proper punctuation may have helped, genius.

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2012, 02:26:20 PM »

Keep in mind that for a more permanent reunion, there maybe some legal and/or contractual details to be sorted out...
You can bet your sweet bippy there will be. Wink

And you can put that in your pipe and smoke it.  "Say goodnight, Dick."  "Goodnight, Dick." (Rowan and Martin, for the young folk here.)

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2012, 02:27:51 PM »

Without being the same room, no one can definitively state whether Mike wrote all of his essay or whether it was composed for him. I'd tend to guess that he wrote a rough draft, had a publicist look it over and tweak it, and Mike signed off on it. Either way, it's diplomatic and a rather clear summary.

Having said that, the real unanswered question is why the quotes of Brian and Al prior to the London shows? Who knows. That to me is the real riddle.

This band has long operated as Beach Boys Inc. (or Brother Recordings Inc.) and any career decision has to be filtered through a series of lawyered gatekeepers. Unfortunate. I get the feeling that Mike is not averse to future recording/touring but saying something definite would back everyone into a corner prior to the perimeters being worked out. The sooner they can commit to ONE more album and ONE more 20-30 date summer tour, the better we'll all feel. And if they realize (by the end of 2012) that that isn't gonna happen, then say it - so we can get on with our lives (and Brian can record a rawk and roll rekid with his band). 

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2012, 02:31:13 PM »

By the way. the only Blooey here is the AGDster-he posts over there all the time and he ain't too well liked either. LOL LOL LOL

Not very observant, are we ? I deleted my Bloo profile when the "sacking" nonsense blew up and when even for the Bloo, the posts there were ridiculous. As for not being well liked 'over there', well, one, don't care and two, I'm liked well enough in the right quarters.  Roll Eyes

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2012, 02:39:19 PM »

Andrew, you are the Willy Loman of the Beach Boys world.  Wink

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2012, 02:40:07 PM »

By the way. the only Blooey here is the AGDster-he posts over there all the time and he ain't too well liked either. LOL LOL LOL

Not very observant, are we ? I deleted my Bloo profile when the "sacking" nonsense blew up and when even for the Bloo, the posts there were ridiculous. As for not being well liked 'over there', well, one, don't care and two, I'm liked well enough in the right quarters.  Roll Eyes

That obviously doesn't include here  LOL

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2012, 02:44:46 PM »

Where does the Jardine camp congregate?

Aljardine.com?  

wavesoflove.org/keepitcleanwithaljardinemessageboard

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
oldsurferdude
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2012, 02:49:33 PM »

Fairly thin skinned aren't we there? It's a friggin' message board just like it is here. You deleted yourself because you don't agree with others opinions?? Really??  Yeah, you suck up to Myke and Bruce just enough to get free tix to their bore-as* oldies show. LOL
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2012, 03:03:08 PM »

I'd love to have a regular "Mike Love Sets The Record Straight" podcast or series after school specials. He could scare people straight and stuff.

You know, really "rap" with the kids. Maybe even turn a chair around and squat over it the wrong way to show how with it he was. Confront teenagers with the truth about his naming Pet Sounds.

"I had... no idea..."

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Male egoooo won't eveeeer quiiiit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2012, 03:05:56 PM »

I think OSD is actually Bruce who's taken some extra $$$$ to stir up a virulent strain of Mike-Lovers!!!!!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2012, 03:06:34 PM »

I think even OSD would admit that it'd be a plausible theory. That Johnston is a crafty one!
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2012, 03:07:45 PM »

Beach Boys' Mike Love explains that he didn't fire Brian Wilson, still sucks

By Sean O'Neal October 5, 2012

Sensing that the news of founding members Brian Wilson and Al Jardine being dumped in favor of returning Beach Boys to its more recently established, more easily dominated by Mike Love lineup had inspired more Mike Love hate than usual, Mike Love put on his explainer cap—fitting it over his nested stack of other caps—and addressed the controversy in a typically longwinded letter to the L.A. Times. Not surprisingly, Love insists he did nothing wrong by breaking off from Wilson and Jardine again, saying that the decision was made only because "it is not feasible, both logistically and economically" for the reunited original Beach Boys lineup to play many of the smaller-market dates that Love insists are "vitally important" for keeping the Beach Boys' name alive by allowing Mike Love to play under it and collect all of its associated money and attention for himself. Also, he said a lot of stuff like this:

I did not fire Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys. I cannot fire Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys. I am not his employer. I do not have such authority. And even if I did, I would never fire Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys. I love Brian Wilson. We are partners. He’s my cousin by birth and my brother in music. We grew up together. We sang Everly Brothers’ songs together at Aunt Audrey’s piano. We played football together. We formed a band together. We wrote songs together that have been woven into the fabric of this nation. Our songs are in the DNA of America. Our imagery of the coast, surfing, cars and teenage freedom helped make our country the envy of the world.

Ugh, stop it. Anyway, the rest of the letter goes on and on like that and is just as awful. Keep it under your hats, Mike Love.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/beach-boys-mike-love-explains-that-he-didnt-fire-b,86302/
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2012, 03:35:35 PM »

This was a fantastic read.  Good for Mike for writing that.  It needed to be said.  It would've been a little easier to swallow if the first press release announcing the end of the reunion was delivered in this same tone---then we wouldn't have had such a firestorm of crap rain on him.  But anyway, hopefully the storms have passed and we can move on.

Great pic of the Loves:

As we learned from the Howard Stern interview, Mike is an ass man..

Looking at that he must be a very happy man  Smokin

Yes, I can attest to that.

Mike is NEVER happy enough so the Mike and Bruce show goes on.....

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2012, 03:36:12 PM »

Beach Boys' Mike Love explains that he didn't fire Brian Wilson, still sucks

By Sean O'Neal October 5, 2012

Sensing that the news of founding members Brian Wilson and Al Jardine being dumped in favor of returning Beach Boys to its more recently established, more easily dominated by Mike Love lineup had inspired more Mike Love hate than usual, Mike Love put on his explainer cap—fitting it over his nested stack of other caps—and addressed the controversy in a typically longwinded letter to the L.A. Times. Not surprisingly, Love insists he did nothing wrong by breaking off from Wilson and Jardine again, saying that the decision was made only because "it is not feasible, both logistically and economically" for the reunited original Beach Boys lineup to play many of the smaller-market dates that Love insists are "vitally important" for keeping the Beach Boys' name alive by allowing Mike Love to play under it and collect all of its associated money and attention for himself. Also, he said a lot of stuff like this:

I did not fire Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys. I cannot fire Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys. I am not his employer. I do not have such authority. And even if I did, I would never fire Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys. I love Brian Wilson. We are partners. He’s my cousin by birth and my brother in music. We grew up together. We sang Everly Brothers’ songs together at Aunt Audrey’s piano. We played football together. We formed a band together. We wrote songs together that have been woven into the fabric of this nation. Our songs are in the DNA of America. Our imagery of the coast, surfing, cars and teenage freedom helped make our country the envy of the world.

Ugh, stop it. Anyway, the rest of the letter goes on and on like that and is just as awful. Keep it under your hats, Mike Love.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/beach-boys-mike-love-explains-that-he-didnt-fire-b,86302/

Oh! So a smarmy, bearded, hipster writer for A.V club doesn't like Mike Love?

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2012, 03:48:38 PM »

This was a fantastic read.  Good for Mike for writing that.  It needed to be said.  It would've been a little easier to swallow if the first press release announcing the end of the reunion was delivered in this same tone---then we wouldn't have had such a firestorm of crap rain on him.  But anyway, hopefully the storms have passed and we can move on.

Great pic of the Loves:

As we learned from the Howard Stern interview, Mike is an ass man..

Looking at that he must be a very happy man  Smokin

Yes, I can attest to that.

Mike is NEVER happy enough so the Mike and Bruce show goes on.....

Ok Surfirder. If you are going to continue to bring that up without telling us exactly what the hell happened that day, I feel it is my duty to tell you that... it is really annoying.  Evil
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2012, 03:51:35 PM »

Look for it to be a bombshell footnote in Heroes & Villains 2: Heroes & Villains-ier
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2012, 03:53:27 PM »

For the people who just plain dislike Mike Love, there is nothing he could ever say or do that will ever change their view. I think for most reasonable people, they will take it in the spirit it was given. Myself, I don't expect to hear anything of any consequence until after the new year.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 03:55:03 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,