gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680840 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 05:27:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live in Concert: 50th Anniversary DVD and Blu-ray.  (Read 68303 times)
Paulos
« Reply #275 on: February 17, 2013, 06:37:50 AM »

Finally got this DVD and watched it last night. I was not impressed.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 17, 2013, 07:26:33 AM »

Probably because your photo is too serious; lighten up

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 17, 2013, 07:32:16 AM »

I have a happy photo (hawaiian shirt + pizza!) and I'm not impressed, either.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 17, 2013, 08:11:11 AM »

I have a happy photo (hawaiian shirt + pizza!) and I'm not impressed, either.

Yu're probably just channeling Brian from Lei'd In hawaii, while you eat your pizza, and you can never be satisfied

AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 17, 2013, 08:12:31 AM »

I have no photo at all, and enjoyed it quite a bit.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 17, 2013, 08:58:57 AM »

SO, if I ever get around to buying/watching it, will I enjoy it more with or without an avatar/photo?

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2013, 09:14:21 AM »

SO, if I ever get around to buying/watching it, will I enjoy it more with or without an avatar/photo?

Paulos
« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2013, 09:51:57 AM »

I still wouldn't have enjoyed it if I had a happy picture, I knew the lead vocals would be sweetened but jeez, only Al sounded like a human person. Mike and Brian's leads were so off-putting I couldn't enjoy it and found the sound overall too sterile.
Paulos
« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2013, 09:52:53 AM »

Lowbacca, you're alright.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 17, 2013, 10:46:14 AM »

It is happening again.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: June 20, 2013, 05:50:10 AM »

Bruce posted this on the BBBritainBoard. Didn't see it mentioned here. The interesting part - imo - is at the very end:

Bobbreckwoldt:
I recently was doing an interview with Uncut Magazine for their July issue but I actually did not realize that the BB 50th live album is a 'collection' of several worldwide performances instead of a single recording from one concert. In addition, I had no idea that we had an upcoming box set in the works. Perhaps Uncut Magazine might find someone else from the band to interview who is more in the 'info loop' than me & I would not blame them.

I decided to go to Amazon's site today to look at what BB CD & DVD releases have been available since June 2012 and to see if any future releases will be listed.....
I counted one 'new' 2012 studio album, two greatest hits packages, Pet Sounds mono & stereo re-mastered CD (all four of these releases available also on MP3), two DVD releases (also on Blu-ray), and a box set being released at the end of this summer.

Everything that was released happened (and is still happening) over a fourteen month time frame. Seems like a lot of folks worked very hard around the clock to make all this music available.

Bruce Johnston
Montecito
June 11, 2013

PS: I think that there's a 'not yet edited' DVD/film of our BB 50th tour waiting in the wings, too.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 20, 2013, 05:56:43 AM »

PS: I think that there's a 'not yet edited' DVD/film of our BB 50th tour waiting in the wings, too.

I assume he's talking about the crowdfunded thing...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 20, 2013, 02:56:07 PM »

Bruce posted this on the BBBritainBoard. Didn't see it mentioned here. The interesting part - imo - is at the very end:

Bobbreckwoldt:
I recently was doing an interview with Uncut Magazine for their July issue but I actually did not realize that the BB 50th live album is a 'collection' of several worldwide performances instead of a single recording from one concert. In addition, I had no idea that we had an upcoming box set in the works. Perhaps Uncut Magazine might find someone else from the band to interview who is more in the 'info loop' than me & I would not blame them.

I decided to go to Amazon's site today to look at what BB CD & DVD releases have been available since June 2012 and to see if any future releases will be listed.....
I counted one 'new' 2012 studio album, two greatest hits packages, Pet Sounds mono & stereo re-mastered CD (all four of these releases available also on MP3), two DVD releases (also on Blu-ray), and a box set being released at the end of this summer.

Everything that was released happened (and is still happening) over a fourteen month time frame. Seems like a lot of folks worked very hard around the clock to make all this music available.

Bruce Johnston
Montecito
June 11, 2013

Buried away here.

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,15760.msg375033.html#msg375033
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx