gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680780 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 05:43:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Hate Love Relationship  (Read 20078 times)
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2012, 01:05:23 PM »

Come on, don't you know the Beach Boys' songs? "Fun, Fun, Fun", one of the greatest songs in the history of rock & roll, and a song that Mike Love wrote the lyrics for. Well, it has this instrumental bridge which features an organ and guitar; after that bridge Mike could sing the song.

Oh. I didn't know hypothetical Mike Love's idea of a hypothetical celebrity jam session was to sing a Beach Boys song he has decades worth of practice playing with accompanying pantomime gestures ingrained deeply into muscle memory. I wanted him to blow nuts on the saxophone, man! (snap snap)

Or at least rest his hand gently on a guitar.

Of course I don't know any of the Beach Boys' songs, sir! I do know that Mike Love wrote the hook to "Good Vibrations," whatever that is.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:10:51 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2012, 01:08:11 PM »

Since Mike's Hall of Fame speech has been discussed in this thread, I thought I would add Neil Young's thoughts from his new book.
 "Mike Love of the Beach Boys, and several others have made long speeches that covered things they needed to say, and they exercised that right.  It was amazing to hear their takes on life, how they had been done right or wrong, who they blamed for their problems and thanked for their victories on the way to the Hall.  It was an honour to hear them talking to their peers..."
Neil Young is awesome like that, he loves to hear honest opinions and defends that right.
It was always amusing because Mike did not lie. Good for Neil Young.  And rock treated the Beach Boys with less respect than they merited, those awards were many years overdue at that point.  
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2012, 01:27:05 PM »

Exactly! All those jackoffs blowing semen wads into their latest copy of Rolling Stone where Jan Wener ripped into the Boys yet again had created a whole culture of B.S that the Beach Boys were no part of, thank God, so why should any of them have stood there and humbly accepted such a ridiculous honor while pretending to be members of the club.

Also, those "jams" are just a bunch of ego-swollen backslappers singing over each other while gazing into each other's eyes: each guy mirroring the others own ego/self-worship. The Beach Boys had no place in that crowd.

Even when Neil Young got his award he told everyone there that he's had it good for along long time so, there was no need to get emotional over him.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:35:46 PM by Erik H » Logged
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2012, 01:41:50 PM »

Mike Love's speech that night is the best thing to ever happen to the R&R Hall of Fame.

Anyone who talks trash on that ridiculous institution is a true rock 'n roller.

What TRBB said times a bajillion.

Mike's RNR HOF comments may have been a tad over the top, but so what?  Ya gotta love the Lovester!
Plus, people are STILL talking about his comments!
He was right, by the way, the Beach Boys can kick the Rolling Stones a$$es all around the block.

He's a member of one of the greatest songwriting partnerships IN HISTORY, freakin' lead singer of the Freakin' Beach Boys.

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Jason
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2012, 01:51:46 PM »

He's MIKE LOVE, O.G. representing the mean streets of Santa Barbara, CA! Ain't nothin' but a LOVE THANG!
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »

Poor poor pitiful Myke-always the victim. I wish my cousin had set me up like that. Is he unable, because of his ego, to show (just a little bit?) how grateful he should be?? Does he not realize that Brian is the goose who layed the golden egg? Anyway, Jon, incredibly well written account of the bizarre behavior of Myke Luhv.

So... let me get this straight: Mike should be grateful for being screwed out of song writing royalties?

Unclear on the concept.......

To me, in this matter, Love was completely justified in suing Brian.  I say this as a former Brianista, by the way.

Jason
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2012, 02:15:53 PM »

Poor poor pitiful Myke-always the victim. I wish my cousin had set me up like that. Is he unable, because of his ego, to show (just a little bit?) how grateful he should be?? Does he not realize that Brian is the goose who layed the golden egg? Anyway, Jon, incredibly well written account of the bizarre behavior of Myke Luhv.

So... let me get this straight: Mike should be grateful for being screwed out of song writing royalties?

To me, in this matter, Love was completely justified in suing Brian.  I say this as a former Brianista, by the way.

According to OSD Michael should worship the rainbows that emanate from Brian's asshole on a daily basis... LOL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2012, 02:25:23 PM »

As if Mike (along with Carl, Dave, Al, Dennis and Murray) didn't have anything to do with getting Brian off his ass and out of the house and off of his trek to be the next Burt Bacharach! Yeah, rock n roll history could have used another Burt rather than THE BEACH BOYS!

Brian laid golden eggs alright, but he didn't supply all the chicken feed, nor the chicken coop.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:28:20 PM by Erik H » Logged
Jason
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2012, 02:34:09 PM »

As if Mike (along with Carl, Dave, Al, Dennis and Murray) didn't have anything to do with getting Brian off his ass and out of the house and off of his trek to be the next Burt Bacharach! Yeah, rock n roll history could have used another Burt rather than THE BEACH BOYS!

Brian laid golden eggs alright, but he didn't supply all the chicken feed, nor the chicken coop.

But he created heaven and earth, the sun, the moon and the stars...and HARMONY!

Seriously...the personality cult that fans have built up around Brian would sicken Kim Jong-il.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2012, 02:45:25 PM »

To me, in this matter, Love was completely justified in suing Brian.  I say this as a former Brianista, by the way.

Yeah, it's always a lohving jesture to sue someone who's mentally unstable not to mention your first cousin that you luhv to quote to others how much you luhv him. The faux tear drops are cute, too. Let's see, how much loot was he trying to squeeze outta Al-couple mil? I guess when youve got an apparant life style that Myke Luhv does you gotta do what a scumbag's gotta do. That justifies everything. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:47:12 PM by oldsurferdude » Logged
oldsurferdude
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2012, 02:48:35 PM »

According to OSD Michael should worship the rainbows that emanate from Brian's asshole on a daily basis... LOL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2012, 02:50:10 PM »

So, Murray was mentally unstable too? That was his excuse for screwing Mike over???
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2012, 02:51:59 PM »

A personality cult is brewing for Mike as well. Razz

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2012, 02:54:54 PM »

Good! It's about time Smiley
oldsurferdude
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2012, 02:55:28 PM »

Too bad Landy is gone-you need his care  more than Brian did.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2012, 02:56:33 PM »

So, Murray was mentally unstable too? That was his excuse for screwing Mike over???
He hated his f*cking face for starters.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2012, 02:57:07 PM »

I wanted one for Al! LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jason
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2012, 03:01:37 PM »

Too bad Landy is gone-you need his care  more than Brian did.

Awwwwww, did I strike a nerve?
Jason
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2012, 03:02:29 PM »

I wanted one for Al! LOL

Al wanted the innocence. He was just the guy waiting for the bus.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2012, 03:05:11 PM »

I wanted one for Al! LOL

Well he did have  that video of him performing at that cult event in California a few months ago. Wink

Jason
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2012, 03:06:32 PM »

I wanted one for Al! LOL

Well he did have  that video of him performing at that cult event in California a few months ago. Wink

And on that note, it's time for me to meditate.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2012, 03:12:16 PM »

I wanted one for Al! LOL

Don't forget to press Myke Luhv's trousers and shine his sandals as well. Try a little Pledge on the dome, too.
Jason
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2012, 03:21:11 PM »

I wanted one for Al! LOL

Don't forget to press Myke Luhv's trousers and shine his sandals as well. Try a little Pledge on the dome, too.

LOL LOL LOL

No bullshit...that really made me laugh.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2012, 03:23:42 PM »

Why not hand-wash Bruce's shorts while you're at it?  LOL
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2012, 03:26:11 PM »

Yikes!!!!

LOL
 Smokin

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx