gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680600 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 04:46:59 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love's Publicist Apologizes to The Eagles  (Read 20438 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2012, 05:30:03 AM »

If Brian didn't need the Beach Boys, then why didn't any of his 60s outside productions (besides Surf City, by an already established act), go big?

Brian didn't produce "Surf city". Jan Berry did

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
PhilCohen
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2012, 07:34:56 AM »

Dennis; bonked the wives of all his bandmates and had a child with his underage cousin.
Brian, bonked his wife's sister and then wrote songs about how much he loved her. Still isn't much of a father to his two lovely daughters.

Sorry to rake the muck but all this "demon" Mike and St. Wilson stuff is so David Leaf.

Dennis and Brian bonked the women?  Where, on the head?

"Bonk" (slang)= have sex with.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2012, 08:28:35 AM »

Mike is minor league in the a$$holes stakes compared to Don Henley.

If you read Don Felder's book "Heaven and Hell: My Life in the Eagles" (a really good read), Glenn Frey is the evil A--hole. Henley's just a greedy. pompous ass.

I have and yes it's very good. Henley is the douche who tried to sue the writer for claiming he permed his hair in the 70's. Plus anyone who got to have wild cocaine orgies with Stevie Nicks back when she was hot is automatically hated by me, not that I'm jealous or anything....

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2012, 08:35:41 AM »

Dennis; bonked the wives of all his bandmates and had a child with his underage cousin.
Brian, bonked his wife's sister and then wrote songs about how much he loved her. Still isn't much of a father to his two lovely daughters.

Sorry to rake the muck but all this "demon" Mike and St. Wilson stuff is so David Leaf.

Dennis and Brian bonked the women?  Where, on the head?

"Bonk" (slang)= have sex with.
I thought it was "Boink"?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2012, 08:46:49 AM »

It is "boink".  Boink is slang for having sex with someone.  Bonk is when somebody gets hit, as in "I'm gonna bonk Bgas on the head".

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2012, 08:59:59 AM »

By the way, Glenn Frey's new album (mostly a throwback to 40's musc) has a version of "Caroline No" on it. Not bad.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2012, 09:07:52 AM »

It is "boink".  Boink is slang for having sex with someone.  Bonk is when somebody gets hit, as in "I'm gonna bonk Bgas on the head".
 LOL

I have to say, the both of you have very impressive collections. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:09:50 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2012, 09:51:54 AM »

Bonk is one of many slang terms used for the act of sex here in the UK.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2012, 10:07:48 AM »

Yeah, I see that in the urban dictionary:

Bonk:

1. To have sexual intercourse with.
2. To hit, particularly hitting a person on the head.

Boink:

1. To have sexual intercourse with. To Shag. A word that your parent's use to describe sex to you, even when you are an adult.
2. A sound effect for when something bounces. "It Boinked off the side of the wall and hit her in the face"

Example:

"Oh my lord, Jennifer! You're... you're not BOINKING him, are you?"

"Yes Mom, he's my husband".

Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2012, 10:33:52 AM »

I wonder how the Eagles would have reacted if Brian made that same comment? Would he have gotten a pass for being a crazy genius/American treasure?

Mike's been judged on his behavior as a newly-famous 20-something his whole life. Every teenager who discovers Brian Wilson's genius also discovers what a jerk Mike Love was. And he's had to walk the line of conceding to his mistakes and defending himself for 40 years, often coming off as more of an asshole for it.

And now Mike's spent the last 8 months being an incredible concert MC and the guy sitting next to Brian in interviews, softening the weird tension and translating for the interviewer. And then he's put in a position where he again has to defend himself and he jams his foot down his throat.

I wish for Mike that history will embrace him but I don't think it will. Heroes needs villains and ol' Murry died too soon.

Post of the century!

+++++++ 1

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2012, 10:39:03 AM »

I hate the Eagles and wish to talk to others who hate the Eagles because they seem like my kinda guy(s).

Hit me up on AIM runnersdialzero3 fukk yeh always drunk let's talk sh*t about the eagles all day and all through the night.

I hate The Eagles too, but must admit to loving The Long Run album. Here they were finally getting interesting: singing about drug addled serial killers, jerk-offs in fancy cars, coked out wannabe starlets, pissed off teenagers at home grounded, fat old Hollywood power players realizing they have no more new conquests to pursue in their little black books...... and then they quit!
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2012, 10:52:13 AM »

It bothers me a little that Brian is suffering now.  He'll have to go home and drive his Mercedes to have a steak dinner in some plush restaurant, shuffling his Gucci loafers as he contemplates the future.  Impoverished Al Jardine will have to go back to his ranch in the exclusive Big Sur area, and spend time with his horses.  Damn you, Mike Love.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2012, 10:56:30 AM »

You're forgetting all the goat feed Al has to keep on hand! It can get expensive!!!!

All jokes aside, I hope David was paid well for this tour!
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2012, 04:00:27 AM »

It bothers me a little that Brian is suffering now.  He'll have to go home and drive his Mercedes to have a steak dinner in some plush restaurant, shuffling his Gucci loafers as he contemplates the future.  Impoverished Al Jardine will have to go back to his ranch in the exclusive Big Sur area, and spend time with his horses.  Damn you, Mike Love.

They're still people, and wealth doesn't matter in these situations.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2012, 08:01:24 AM »

The public life of Mike  and Bruce
Can you dig what I'm telling you?
No one knows just why we care
We see their press releases everywhere
The strangest story you ever knew
The private life of Mike and Bruce

Blue Board to Smiley Smile
Everybody's just gotta smile
Dallas Texas to Monterey
Wonder who they'll sue today
Frankenstein and Dracula
Don't mess with the Formula
Everybody who ever knew
The public life of Mike and Bruce

The world is wondering what they'll do
Reading the lines and in between
Their lives are like a courtroom scene
What the hell is Mike gonna do?

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2012, 08:09:34 AM »

Touching!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2012, 04:03:30 PM »

It is "boink".  Boink is slang for having sex with someone.  Bonk is when somebody gets hit, as in "I'm gonna bonk Bgas on the head".

Thanx alot for thinking of me Mikie! 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2012, 05:32:45 PM »

By the way, Glenn Frey's new album (mostly a throwback to 40's musc) has a version of "Caroline No" on it. Not bad.

Heard an interview yesterday about his new album where he mentioned The Beatles as the influence in wanting him to be a guitarist and The Beach Boys and Brian Wilson many times the influence in wanting him to be in vocal band!!
Not that I was counting but "we" got 3 mentions and The Beatles, Byrds, CSNY all got one mention each!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2012, 05:52:08 PM »

The public life of Mike  and Bruce
Can you dig what I'm telling you?
No one knows just why we care
We see their press releases everywhere
The private life of Mike and Bruce

Blue Board to Smiley Smile
Everybody's just gotta smile
Dallas Texas to Monterey
Wonder who they'll sue today
Frankenstein and Dracula
Don't mess with the Formula
Everybody who ever knew

The world is wondering what they'll do
Reading the lines and in between
Their lives are like a courtroom scene
What the hell is Mike gonna do?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Pirate Pirate High Five High Five Thumbs Up Thumbs Up w00t! w00t! w00t!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx