gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 03:41:58 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love's Publicist Apologizes to The Eagles  (Read 20535 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2012, 03:43:41 PM »

Oh heavens no...not Air Supply! LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2012, 03:52:55 PM »

Defending Brian and/or Dennis takes some effort and understanding, but it can be done. Defending Mike is a never-ending chore...just when he's becoming rehabilitated he goes and insults the Eagles! The very symbol of American freedom and nobility. Next thing you know he'll insult America or...or the Church...or Air Supply...or Love.

Mike needs to get Don Felder in the Mike/Bruce band and start an all-out war against the Eagles! Fun In The Sun vs our nation's bird! Great fun
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:53:53 PM by Erik H » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2012, 04:13:54 PM »

Mike and Bruce are always speaking off the cuff (and are getting caught and paying the price on this board as of late). This statement is no different. Those guys can't get away with anything without members of this board scrutinizing the hell out of it.

But Henley. He deserves to be the target of anyone's criticism or the subject of negative remarks. He's another Mike Love as far as I'm concerned. What a d!ck. Yeah, just ask Don Felder. Ever hear the story of what he did to a DJ when they played "Dirty Laundry" live?  Geez. 

P.S. Mike Love's publicist should use the spell checker.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2012, 04:20:50 PM »

What happened? I hadn't heard the Henley story before...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2012, 04:53:02 PM »

Dennis; bonked the wives of all his bandmates and had a child with his underage cousin.
Brian, bonked his wife's sister and then wrote songs about how much he loved her. Still isn't much of a father to his two lovely daughters.

Sorry to rake the muck but all this "demon" Mike and St. Wilson stuff is so David Leaf.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SBonilla
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2012, 05:07:47 PM »

Dennis; bonked the wives of all his bandmates and had a child with his underage cousin.

DW: An Anti-social dude who was a great mimic of emotions. My take.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2012, 05:22:56 PM »

Al with his ponytail in the 90s deserves dishonorable mention too
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2012, 05:23:51 PM »

Brian, bonked his wife's sister and then wrote songs about how much he loved her. Still isn't much of a father to his two lovely daughters.

Sorry to rake the muck but all this "demon" Mike and St. Wilson stuff is so David Leaf.

Dennis and Brian bonked the women?  Where, on the head?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2012, 05:26:43 PM »

Al with his ponytail in the 90s deserves dishonorable mention too
That ponytail gives me nightmares. LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2012, 06:45:30 PM »

Maybe we should start cataloguing all the terrible things each of the band members have done, starting with Brian and Dennis. And being a more outwardly pleasant person shouldn't enter into it.
CatalogUing? Really?? In spite of all the incredibly horrendous, hateful things that you say Brian and Dennis have done (you must not be very much of a fan), it would be similar to placing a lima bean next to a pyramid.

God, you are such a Wilson-blowing f***head.
Is it all gettin' to you? Hope so. Usually name calling is the first symptom then thoughts of suicide persist. LOL

Nah, you're the old one. It's just a matter of time before you leave the world in comparative peace, Old Brian Sucker.
Be back in a bit, but really, you gotta come up with something alot better than you have so far. For starters think of some better names to call me, ok?? That shouldn't be much of a task for someone like you. LOL LOL LOL

I could say plenty, but you think I'd get banned for a senile, laughable (do a poll) piece of hateful s**t like you?

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2012, 06:49:28 PM »

Maybe we should start cataloguing all the terrible things each of the band members have done, starting with Brian and Dennis. And being a more outwardly pleasant person shouldn't enter into it.
CatalogUing? Really?? In spite of all the incredibly horrendous, hateful things that you say Brian and Dennis have done (you must not be very much of a fan), it would be similar to placing a lima bean next to a pyramid.

Is it all gettin' to you? Hope so. Usually name calling is the first symptom then thoughts of suicide persist. LOL

Nah, you're the old one. It's just a matter of time before you leave the world in comparative peace, Old Brian Sucker.
Be back in a bit, but really, you gotta come up with something alot better than you have so far. For starters think of some better names to call me, ok?? That shouldn't be much of a task for someone like you. LOL LOL LOL

I could say plenty, but you think I'd get banned for a senile, laughable (do a poll) piece of hateful s**t like you?

Come on now, tell us how you really feel....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2012, 06:51:22 PM »

I wonder how the Eagles would have reacted if Brian made that same comment? Would he have gotten a pass for being a crazy genius/American treasure?

Mike's been judged on his behavior as a newly-famous 20-something his whole life. Every teenager who discovers Brian Wilson's genius also discovers what a jerk Mike Love was. And he's had to walk the line of conceding to his mistakes and defending himself for 40 years, often coming off as more of an asshole for it.

And now Mike's spent the last 8 months being an incredible concert MC and the guy sitting next to Brian in interviews, softening the weird tension and translating for the interviewer. And then he's put in a position where he again has to defend himself and he jams his foot down his throat.

I wish for Mike that history will embrace him but I don't think it will. Heroes needs villains and ol' Murry died too soon.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 06:55:17 PM by ivy » Logged
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2012, 08:41:36 PM »

I hate the Eagles and wish to talk to others who hate the Eagles because they seem like my kinda guy(s).

Hit me up on AIM runnersdialzero3 fukk yeh always drunk let's talk sh*t about the eagles all day and all through the night.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2012, 08:49:30 PM »

Aw c'mon Space Cadet! Thought you were gonna surprise everyone and come up with something more creative than that. I waited almost 3 hours for this?? Well, looks like your goat had been gotten-by the tone of your post you sound pretty hateful yourself. Now don't go doing something stupid and think about doin' yourself in or anything like that. This board needs good solid name callers when someone crosses your little red line. And I want you to be here too cause you are so funny when you boil over something you read on this board. Can you say egg mcMuffin? I knew ya could.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2012, 10:27:16 PM »

+1

How about Brian offering his daughter heroin? How about some of the alleged dalliances involving Dennis Wilson & a minor in the 70s (search the board archives)?  To act like they walked on water in comparison to Mike and Bruce is laughable at best. They all did some f***ed up things; they're *human* like all of us.

The reason Brian and Dennis get a pass is because they have "rock and roll credibility". Their "antics" are the stuff of rock legend. You think the Stones, Led Zep, Ozzy, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, AC/DC, Motley Crue, GnR, etc. were bad? If degeneracy is a criteria for establishing "rock cred", The Wilson brothers (and the Lovester when he was on the apple juice) pretty much put those other guys to shame. Mike Love just didn't have the "cred". A bald, Reagan-loving, middle-aged man who strutted around like he was some sort of ladies' man/Casanova just doesn't really go over well with a rock audience.

But aren't we all just really feeding into the Wilson-Love family feud that's been going on since the days of Murry and Milt??

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2012, 10:42:36 PM »

Now don't go doing something stupid and think about doin' yourself in or anything like that. This board needs good solid name callers when someone crosses your little red line. And I want you to be here too cause you are so funny when you boil over something you read on this board. Can you say egg mcMuffin? I knew ya could.

You so have no idea who you're dealing with. You'll fold eventually, tho, f****t.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2012, 11:33:02 PM »

Oh my God. He insulted the EAGLES?

Wait, don't they totally suck?

Nevermind.
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2012, 12:10:31 AM »

+1

How about Brian offering his daughter heroin? How about some of the alleged dalliances involving Dennis Wilson & a minor in the 70s (search the board archives)?  To act like they walked on water in comparison to Mike and Bruce is laughable at best. They all did some f***ed up things; they're *human* like all of us.

The reason Brian and Dennis get a pass is because they have "rock and roll credibility". Their "antics" are the stuff of rock legend. You think the Stones, Led Zep, Ozzy, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, AC/DC, Motley Crue, GnR, etc. were bad? If degeneracy is a criteria for establishing "rock cred", The Wilson brothers (and the Lovester when he was on the apple juice) pretty much put those other guys to shame. Mike Love just didn't have the "cred". A bald, Reagan-loving, middle-aged man who strutted around like he was some sort of ladies' man/Casanova just doesn't really go over well with a rock audience.

But aren't we all just really feeding into the Wilson-Love family feud that's been going on since the days of Murry and Milt??

You've hit the nail squarely on the head there! Of course Brian and Dennis (and Carl?) weren't saints (although it's a little unfair to have a go at Brian for fancying his sister etc. as he was somewhat mentally unwell at the time, to put it mildly), but Mike is bad in all the wrong ways, at least for a rock star: his politics are pretty horrendous and his assosciation with repellent rightwing politicians probably costs the band fans to this day; his lawsuit for wanting songwriting credit was - up to a point - justified, but his further lawsuits were petty and mean-spirited (suing because a British newspaper gave away a free CD with the Beach Boys name on it and - shock! horror! - a picture of Brian! - pathetic!); his entire manner, whether it's being shockingly unlikeable throughout the Endless Harmony documentary (he comes across as particuarly callous when discussing Dennis' death) or damaging the groups rep with outbursts such as his dumb Hall of Fame speech, isn't rebellious - as he perhaps likes to think - merely cold and/or embaressing.
I'm a huge Beach Boys fan, but Mike Love is a very, very hard man to warm too, and with this latest action he's just made it harder still.
So they'd agreed beforehand they'd spilt after this tour?
Yeah, great, but that was before the tour and album were a huge success - i think the others might have been more than a little justified in thinking the reunion might promptly continue.
Mike thought otherwise?
Fair enough, so tell 'em - don't let them find out through a goshdarn press release! This is your cousin, man! The guy who wrote those songs that've made you a multi-millionaire! Try showing him some respect. But hey, Mike couldn't even show Brian proper respect back in 1966-67, so why start now?
''Brian is the Beach Boys - we're just his messengers''. You'd never, ever catch Mike uttering anything like that, and that is why people love Dennis - for all his faults - but they don't love Love.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2012, 12:12:21 AM »

If Brian didn't need the Beach Boys, then why didn't any of his 60s outside productions (besides Surf City, by an already established act), go big?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Nicko1234
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2012, 12:23:28 AM »

Fair enough, so tell 'em - don't let them find out through a goshdarn press release!

Come off it. That`s an insult to the intelligence of both Brian and Al. The Mike and Bruce dates were announced ages ago and everybody knew about it. The idea that Al and Brian were completely oblivious is laughable.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2012, 12:56:55 AM »

Mike is minor league in the a$$holes stakes compared to Don Henley.

If you read Don Felder's book "Heaven and Hell: My Life in the Eagles" (a really good read), Glenn Frey is the evil A--hole. Henley's just a greedy. pompous ass.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2012, 01:01:52 AM »

Fair enough, so tell 'em - don't let them find out through a goshdarn press release!

Come off it. That`s an insult to the intelligence of both Brian and Al. The Mike and Bruce dates were announced ages ago and everybody knew about it. The idea that Al and Brian were completely oblivious is laughable.

I think they are upset because offers for the reunited band are still coming in to extend the tour and Mike is putting the kabash on it.  In talking to Al after the Eugene show, he sounded like he was done once the reunion ran it's course.  I imagine Al and Brian want to keep it rolling for a while longer as they are still in demand. Thus they are upset Mike is pulling the plug.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Nicko1234
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2012, 01:32:33 AM »

I think they are upset because offers for the reunited band are still coming in to extend the tour and Mike is putting the kabash on it.  In talking to Al after the Eugene show, he sounded like he was done once the reunion ran it's course.  I imagine Al and Brian want to keep it rolling for a while longer as they are still in demand. Thus they are upset Mike is pulling the plug.

Absolutely and that I can understand. I can completely accept that after concert dates for M&B were announced that new offers for the reunion group came in. And I can understand that Al in particular would be disappointed that Mike wouldn`t cancel the booked dates as Al`s career is now essentially over unless the reunion starts up again. A sad thought that.
Jaco
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2012, 05:13:45 AM »

All this news is a bit over the top, all those sensational media, one bad quote and everybody is aping the sh*t on twitter etc.

However I don´t understand why Al cannot tour with Mike and Bruce BBs band.

The Beach Boys without Al / check out the differences:
Help me Rhonda 06.12.2010 Cape Town
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvNH7uLVaWc

& there's another official and interesting video:
"The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts" - quote by Mike Love (how ironic)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB3GpE6UKmo&t=3m44s
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 05:15:11 AM by Jaco » Logged
Nicko1234
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2012, 05:17:30 AM »

However I don´t understand why Al cannot tour with Mike and Bruce BBs band.

Money, personal differences and because he would presumably have to replace Christian Love.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx