gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:33:48 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love's Publicist Apologizes to The Eagles  (Read 20530 times)
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2012, 11:12:09 AM »

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-beach-boys-50th-anniversary-reunion-tour-eagles-20120928,0,7962939.story

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:26:39 AM by southbay » Logged

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 11:20:18 AM »

This just keeps getting better and better! Wow, nice job wiping out all the goodwill you built up over the year even among your mockers, Mr. Love!

I had a rough night and I hate the f***in' Eagles, man.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:21:41 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
oldsurferdude
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 11:26:08 AM »

Looks like the Eagles just took a sh*t on the baldster's head. Yeah baby! LOL
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 11:27:49 AM »

Oh, it just keeps getting better and better.

Seriously, folks, who the hell do they have driving this runaway train anyway?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 11:36:41 AM »

Oh my... Some people just always do the wrong thing no matter how hard they try. In some way you have to be sorry for Mike. The thing about going out with Bruce as the Beach Boys doesn't deserve to become such a big fuss.
And now this....

“Two things that we know for certain:  Mr. Love will never allow the facts get in the way of his ramblings and he will never miss an opportunity to regurgitate his venom,” the Eagles’ spokesman wrote in a letter to Love’s publicist Jay Jones, which was copied to The Times.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 11:43:30 AM »

Oh my... Some people just always do the wrong thing no matter how hard they try. In some way you have to be sorry for Mike. The thing about going out with Bruce as the Beach Boys doesn't deserve to become such a big fuss.
And now this....

“Two things that we know for certain:  Mr. Love will never allow the facts get in the way of his ramblings and he will never miss an opportunity to regurgitate his venom,” the Eagles’ spokesman wrote in a letter to Love’s publicist Jay Jones, which was copied to The Times.

At the same time doesn't it start to feel like it was deliberate all along? You don't mess up this bad and anger people by accident if you've been in the public eye for 50 years. Unless...you either can't avoid it by nature, or it was deliberate. Or something else.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 11:45:59 AM »

When I saw the title of this thread I honestly thought it was going to be a mock statement courtesy of ontor pewtawst!!

Anyway would this be a retaliation from the same band that fired a key member after trying to screw him out of millions and charges about $600 a ticket to see a line up with only 2 original members in it? Yes I think it is.  Wink

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 11:56:12 AM »

I'd like to apologize to the Doobie Brothers.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 11:59:19 AM »

It would be a good opportunity to apologize for mocking their appearance on a Very Special Episode of Diff'rent Strokes about bootlegging and illicit taping.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 12:01:47 PM »

I'd like Michael McDonald to apologize to the Doobie Brothers.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 12:03:59 PM »

This is now my favorite bit:

Jones noted that Love subsequently sent "care packages" to each of the Eagles, through their management, "out of respect" to the band.

Oh god. Oh god, bwhahahahaha. Oh. Any guesses as to what's in the Mike Love Conciliatory Out Of Respect Care Package, folks?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 12:04:52 PM »

And now this....

At the same time doesn't it start to feel like it was deliberate all along? You don't mess up this bad and anger people by accident if you've been in the public eye for 50 years. Unless...you either can't avoid it by nature, or it was deliberate. Or something else.

I can see your point. Don't know if I agree. Maybe it was just plain dumb.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 12:06:08 PM »

I had a rough night and I hate the f***in' Eagles, man.

Keep your ugly f*ckin' goldbrickin' ass out of my beach community!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 12:08:38 PM by Rocky Raccoon » Logged

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 12:07:07 PM »

Jones noted that Love subsequently sent "care packages" to each of the Eagles, through their management, "out of respect" to the band.

Oh god. Oh god, bwhahahahaha. Oh. Any guesses as to what's in the Mike Love Conciliatory Out Of Respect Care Package, folks?

Backstage VIP passes to The Mike & Bruce Show next month.

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 12:09:44 PM »

You don't mess up this bad and anger people by accident if you've been in the public eye for 50 years. Unless...you either can't avoid it by nature, or it was deliberate. Or something else.

I've been giving this whole debacle a lot of thought. As you and I well know, Beach Boys' history should've warned us that "I don't know why but I keep thinking something's bound to go wrong...."

However, something else was warning me, too. The Beach Boys' interviews. On this board, we're quick to make excuses for many of the less than exciting interviews that the guys have been giving. They're bored, they're tired, they're busy, they've already said it all numerous times, and on and on.

But, you know, I've come to the conclusion that the guys really don't know what to say or have very little to say. Out of an entire interview you might get a sentence, a phrase, hell, maybe even a single word that impresses. They are good examples that talent, in this case musical talent, doesn't equate to (shall I be kind) common sense.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 12:10:00 PM »

Includes a special lunch date with Randell Kirsch.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 12:12:01 PM »

Includes a special lunch date with Randell Kirsch.

Republican bumper stickers.

PhilCohen
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 12:13:27 PM »

The Eagles have nothing to worry about. They rake in far more money from touring than The Beach Boys ever will, thanks to The Eagles arrogance to price some of their concert tickets as high as $250.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 12:14:30 PM »

a pamphlet on yogic flying, a jug of apple juice.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 12:20:21 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 12:18:49 PM »

Out of respect and apology,
Mike Love sent to me:

12 lawyers grinning,
11 mantras moaning,
10 hotel room towels,
9 jealous growls,
8 caps a-stinkin',
7 Johnstons swimmin',
6 lawsuits pending,
5... pin-ky... rings!
4 stupid shirts,
3 cries for help,
2 dumb sneers,
...and Alan Jardine entirely for free.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 12:22:41 PM »

You don't mess up this bad and anger people by accident if you've been in the public eye for 50 years. Unless...you either can't avoid it by nature, or it was deliberate. Or something else.

I've been giving this whole debacle a lot of thought. As you and I well know, Beach Boys' history should've warned us that "I don't know why but I keep thinking something's bound to go wrong...."

However, something else was warning me, too. The Beach Boys' interviews. On this board, we're quick to make excuses for many of the less than exciting interviews that the guys have been giving. They're bored, they're tired, they're busy, they've already said it all numerous times, and on and on.

But, you know, I've come to the conclusion that the guys really don't know what to say or have very little to say. Out of an entire interview you might get a sentence, a phrase, hell, maybe even a single word that impresses. They are good examples that talent, in this case musical talent, doesn't equate to (shall I be kind) common sense.

That's what I was talking about when I recently said that the Q interview made obvious how uncharismatic the guys are. If you're not a fan you fall asleep.
But what exactly has that to do with this Mike-Eagles case?

- Jack Rieley
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 12:32:59 PM »

Screw the Eagles......They're all chickensh!t too.  laugh
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 12:34:12 PM »

I'd like to smoke a doobie.........

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
PhilCohen
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 12:35:10 PM »

That's what I was talking about when I recently said that the Q interview made obvious how uncharismatic the guys are. If you're not a fan you fall asleep.
But what exactly has that to do with this Mike-Eagles case?

Though I know that The Beach Boys had a brief appearance in the film "Girls on The Beach", it is obvious that the group members' lack of charisma is the obvious reason why the group never made a movie with the group as featured actors/performers. The group was offered several chances in 1964/65 to make movies, during the same period when The Beatles, Gerry & The Pacemakers & The Dave Clark Five made their movies. But Dave Clark came from a movie industry background, Gerry Marsden aspired to be(and later did become) a stage musical performer, and The Beatles were genuinely funny and had truckloads of personality. The Beach Boys were not equipped to be movie stars.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 12:35:26 PM »

Mike is minor league in the a$$holes stakes compared to Don Henley.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx