gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 09:28:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obscure Australian / New Zealand Compilation  (Read 4821 times)
NBC68
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2016, 04:10:20 AM »

I am searching for the track listing of a Beach Boys compilation that was released in Australia and New Zealand in the 1980s.

From what I recall:

- it was released on cassette only (double cassette)
- it had 60 tracks (15 per side)
- it may have been called The Beach Boys Collection (or something equally generic)
- it was released circa 1988
- It featured Rock & Roll To The Rescue and California Dreaming (so it was post-1986's Made In U.S.A)
- The rest of the album was a mix of hits, and lesser-known tracks (everything from I Get Around and Good Vibrations to How She Boogalooed It, Summertime Blues, and even some of the instrumental tracks from the early albums)
- The cover photo was from the 1985 photo shoot featured on the back cover of The Beach Boys (1985) album

It was a great compilation and was really my entry to becoming a Beach Boys fan, however, I gave it away when I moved into CDs. 25+ years later, I'd like to make a playlist of the tracks, however, despite lots of searching online, I have not been able to find a copy anywhere, or even a listing t confirm its existence.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

NBC68
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 04:16:00 AM »

it's probably this bad boy listed here:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Beach-Boys-Rock-and-Roll-to-the-Rescue-Twin-Pack-Cassette-1987-EMI-NZ-60-Hits-/142215326472?hash=item211cb1ab08:g:v5oAAOSw5cNYQt3L
NBC68
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 04:44:04 AM »

That's the one!

Thanks so much for solving this so quickly! I have been searching for these details for a few months, (including regularly checking out eBay) - and I'm assuming that it must be fairly rare to come by.

It certainly wasn't your run of the mill compilation, and it provided a wide cross-section of the 1960s Beach Boys (with a handful of 80s tracks for good measure).

Thanks again! 😊
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 05:11:22 AM »

absolute pleasure!  I had never seen that comp to be honest, so I had to have a look.
quite a great tracklist actually!  the hits, the new stuff, and some deep album tracks.
enjoy!
AaronReturn2005
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 02:14:59 AM »

I don't see this thing listed on Discogs, and the dead eBay link doesn't help. Does anyone have a tracklisting?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx