gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:09:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sunflower -> Surf's Up  (Read 1837 times)
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2006, 08:37:25 AM »

So, I was listening to the twofer today and I was reminded how much I love the transition between the two albums.  It's probably one of my favorite moments, and it's completely unintentional...but, going from Cool, Cool Water to Don't Go Near the Water is just so great.  You're being told how great and refreshing the water is and it fades out, and then fades into this anthem about how the water's been ruined and some hippy anthem.  Love it.

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 09:16:09 AM »

I thought the same thing the first time I heard it. I wonder if it was intentional (I mean, as far as starting the follow-up with a song that 'continues' the theme of the previous one).

Watch out for snakes!
Bill Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 02:50:50 PM »

I know what you mean -It's a ying-yang moment when you hear Cool Cool Water and Don't Go Near The Water -especially if you have the 2-fers and you hear them one after the other; wow mood swing or what!

I don't think it was intentional though.

Cool

I guess I've got a way with girls
Big Bri
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 05:03:35 AM »

Bi-polar Beach Boy's or what? LOL
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx