gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:43:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ENDLESS SUMMER WILL CONTINUE AFTER THE BEACH BOYS 50TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR WRAP  (Read 127333 times)
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #475 on: September 23, 2012, 04:12:33 PM »

My oh my, they ought to turn it down a few notches if they want to keep this whole thing going on any kind of 'believable' level  LOL

Dafuq?! This just keeps getting crazier and crazier...  Undecided

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 23, 2012, 04:14:19 PM »

BRIAN WILSON made ALL the music

Nope.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 23, 2012, 04:17:10 PM »

This whole "feud" is to build demand for any future products or tours. But it is backfiring with the fans "fighting" the BBs "feuds" when there really isn't any.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 04:18:34 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 23, 2012, 04:27:44 PM »

My oh my, they ought to turn it down a few notches if they want to keep this whole thing going on any kind of 'believable' level  LOL

I get the impression Al has been sitting at his computer all day with tears in his eyes

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 23, 2012, 04:29:36 PM »

Dafuq?! This just keeps getting crazier and crazier...  Undecided

I hate to see all this. Yet, I'm fascinated to see the outcome. I foresee a group hug sometime in the very near future.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: September 23, 2012, 04:36:19 PM »

I haven't seen David weigh in on this, has he?

I seriously doubt Al is posting this stuff but I suppose he could be condoning it. I could understand it from Al, you know since he sort of staged a coup against BRI and lost the rights they were trying to give him. I'm not sure I understand Brian, maybe he isn't fully clued in or he hasn't thought it through or he is just shooting from the lip.

Or Mike is just being a dick. They are all getting to that cranky old man stage.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
oldsurferdude
« Reply #481 on: September 23, 2012, 04:43:40 PM »

BRIAN WILSON made ALL the music and is the true enigma and genius of the group, the one and only who made them go anywhere. When BRIAN dies, the Beach Boys as a term will die with him. Yes, Dennis and Carl were the heart & soul of The Beach Boys, but as Dennis himself said: 'Brian Wilson is THE Beach Boys'. They went on to be more than his messengers, but in the end Brian is the only being who can claim TRUE ownership of anything associated with the iconic name 'The Beach Boys'. Even back when he didn't tour with them, he was always there and always contributed their best music, ALWAYS. Even in his darkest hour. The notion that anyone can deny THE Brian Wilson a right to tour with and/or use the name 'The Beach Boys' is utterly digusting and illigitimate imho.

CAPS INTENDED.
Yes, Brian DID make all the music that mattered and that provided Myke Luhv a damn good living.
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 23, 2012, 04:47:30 PM »

Dave's wife manages his Facebook page

No, not for sometime now.

Sorry for the misconception, Carrie. Thanks for clearing it up. Can you please shine some light on what has been happening this week and who is doing the Facebook posting these days?
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 23, 2012, 04:48:45 PM »

Mike co-wrote most of The Beach Boys' biggest songs. For f*ck's sake, you morons.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 23, 2012, 04:51:30 PM »

BRIAN WILSON made ALL the music and is the true enigma and genius of the group, the one and only who made them go anywhere. When BRIAN dies, the Beach Boys as a term will die with him. Yes, Dennis and Carl were the heart & soul of The Beach Boys, but as Dennis himself said: 'Brian Wilson is THE Beach Boys'. They went on to be more than his messengers, but in the end Brian is the only being who can claim TRUE ownership of anything associated with the iconic name 'The Beach Boys'. Even back when he didn't tour with them, he was always there and always contributed their best music, ALWAYS. Even in his darkest hour. The notion that anyone can deny THE Brian Wilson a right to tour with and/or use the name 'The Beach Boys' is utterly digusting and illigitimate imho.

CAPS INTENDED.
Yes, Brian DID make all the music that mattered and that provided Myke Luhv a damn good living.
For Mike, yes you are correct, but for the fans, the rest of the band had to write and best of all, perform up to Brian's vision. Personally, I don't think Brian's music would have been as popular without the rest of the Beach Boys. In hindsight and with Brian's solo work, we see just how important the rest of the guys played in their overall sound and success.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 04:53:47 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 23, 2012, 04:51:57 PM »

Mike's "response" to Al's earlier "Good Timin" post above?

In your "dreams' Al! 
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 23, 2012, 04:58:17 PM »

I hate to see all this.

We should all remember that there are probably at least 5 people in between the "Post" button on Facebook and Al Jardine or Mike Love.  They themselves aren't actually the ones posting these articles/links.  Let's not get carried away and actually think that Al or Mike are actually sitting at their desks putting up YouTube links trying to jab one another through the most obnoxious, childish way possible.  They're not teenagers in high school who use FB to talk about how much they hate their parents.  This is all very calculated.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 04:59:18 PM by Justin » Logged
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 23, 2012, 04:58:59 PM »

Mike co-wrote most of The Beach Boys' biggest songs. For f*ck's sake, you morons.

Many? Yes.

Most? Nah.
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 23, 2012, 05:01:11 PM »

I personally find this a whole load of usual media bollocks (some guy has taken certain Band members quotes etc...and made them his own who is obviously not educated in the politics/licence issues of BRI)  with FB etc being the apparent base for manufactured mud slinging by possibly some Blueboard tosser who has never listened or even heard of 'Mount Vernon' (good god yes I have met a few in the past who honestly don't know of it , but think that 'Saturday Morning In The Shitty' is the best song ever YET they still get back stages passes for some of Brians UK Shows)  , I was hoping that this whole scenario was going to be a fan based only topic in the UK but sadly it gained a whole half page in The Sunday Express  Angry
It really ( whether truth or not , and I guess the later ) does take a shine off of the last gigs this week , does it not ?? Anyone fancy some great tickets (third row for Wembley) at £10 each ??

I am a big supporter of The Mike & Bruce Band ( seen them many times ) and also the BW Band ( seen them very many times )

I am a massive fan of THE MUSIC thus this thread really needs to be closed , please  Roll Eyes
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 23, 2012, 05:02:06 PM »

Many? Yes.

Most? Nah.
I think your "Many" confirms Ian's post well enough.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Jason
« Reply #490 on: September 23, 2012, 05:03:26 PM »

+infinity

Seriously. THIS.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 23, 2012, 05:07:45 PM »

+infinity

Seriously. THIS.

So the group is his to run away with now? When other legitimate BRI members protest and vent their hurt feelings?

Only in a land where sense and human decency have lost meaning would such a comment be 1.) made and 2.) supported by any professed fan of the group.
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 23, 2012, 05:14:09 PM »

Just a little BIG question , how many gigs have The Touring ( Mike & Bruce ) Beach Boys got lined up ? And have the ticket buying public been warned ? And do the majority of the ticket buyers care who is one stage ?

Well at this juncture NOT MANY , and YES and NO
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 05:16:39 PM by Rob Dean » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 23, 2012, 05:14:54 PM »

+infinity

Seriously. THIS.

So the group is his to run away with now? When other legitimate BRI members protest and vent their hurt feelings?

Only in a land where sense and human decency have lost meaning would such a comment be 1.) made and 2.) supported by any professed fan of the group.
Jeez, Mike has contracts to honor and BRI has a licensing contract to honor. It has nothing to with human decency, only honor, and that is important too.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 05:16:26 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
oldsurferdude
« Reply #494 on: September 23, 2012, 06:00:49 PM »

Yeah, WTF, who needs BW for Christ sake. If it hadn't been for Myke Luhv, Brian would have been a complete f*ckup and never scored one hit. We need so many more deep thinkers like this.  Roll Eyes
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: September 23, 2012, 06:02:20 PM »

My memory is a little rusty but wasn't it Al who stated before the reunion became official that he wasn't interested in doing a full blown tour but was just willing to do a one off concert special?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 23, 2012, 06:05:03 PM »

Mike's "response" to Al's earlier "Good Timin" post above?

In your "dreams' Al! 

Weird, entertaining......but weird.

musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #497 on: September 23, 2012, 06:08:24 PM »

Looks like sh!t just got real. I feel like I should be sitting by the computer with a bowl of popcorn while checking Facebook! The guys must really be getting a kick out of this. I'll bet by the time I come home and check this place again they'll be more FB posts and more comments about how ridiculous this is getting. I'm betting this thread will grow about 2 or 3 pages by tomorrow evening.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 23, 2012, 06:10:28 PM »

Bruce just posted a video on his facebook page, directed at Al...

The "Problem Child" video

Jason
« Reply #499 on: September 23, 2012, 06:11:36 PM »

Looks like sh!t just got real. I feel like I should be sitting by the computer with a bowl of popcorn while checking Facebook! The guys must really be getting a kick out of this. I'll bet by the time I come home and check this place again they'll be more FB posts and more comments about how ridiculous this is getting. I'm betting this thread will grow about 2 or 3 pages by tomorrow evening.

I think it'll grow 2 or 3 pages in an hour!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx