gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:44:13 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ENDLESS SUMMER WILL CONTINUE AFTER THE BEACH BOYS 50TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR WRAP  (Read 127358 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 22, 2012, 04:21:27 PM »

It's not that shocking to say I've seen this picture a lot today

Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 22, 2012, 04:45:50 PM »

I feel sorry for the UK fans looking forward to the London gigs. Its all going to be a bit forced and false watching those guys onstage later this week. Sad
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: September 22, 2012, 04:49:08 PM »

MIKE LOVE: "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts."
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 22, 2012, 05:02:59 PM »

They're probably gathering around the computer at this moment looking at Facebook and laughing at how gullible we are!

It's probably all Brian's doing.  Another example of his odd sense of humor.  Next thing you'll know he'll have us all buying large bags of sand from LOWES and importing frogs from Sweden to inhabit the large sand pit which used to be our living room.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 05:04:02 PM by JohnMill » Logged

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 22, 2012, 05:25:20 PM »

I will be surprised if any of the BBoys are in charge of or involved in what happens on their social media. If it is their social media.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: September 22, 2012, 05:47:38 PM »

I just want to add that I think Al Jardine is the one  indespensible voice of the surviving members, and even if Brian and Dave don't continue, it is high time Al was back for good.  Mike is losing his voice.  Al can sound like any number of Beach Boys in the mix and sometimes on lead vocal. He sounds as good as ever. I would think Mike would welcome having someone share the load and keep the quality up.   Just adding Al back into the Mix of "Mike's band" would make it so much more the Beach Boys.

That is all I have to say on the subject.  The rest is up to Mike and Al.   I wish them peace.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #406 on: September 22, 2012, 06:05:21 PM »

Great post Donald but we all know with Myke Luhv, it's all about dollars and cents not quality nor authenticity. Call it the Myke Luhv/China syndrome-if he can get imposters to try to sing cheaper than the real deal, he stands to make an even more obscene profit at the expense of the fans. Hope that Al and David end up with The Brian Wilson Band or even better, rip the name from Myke and have Brian call it what it really is-The Beach Boys-and watch Myke Luhv come a crawlin'.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 22, 2012, 06:17:02 PM »

A question:
Can Mike tour under then BBs name without Brian's and Al's agreement?

If the answer is no, then there shouldn't be any arguing among group members. This seems like a publicity game of some sort. Maybe it's just that they're pulling to get the best out of it all. Maybe it's just about creating momentum for a re-reunion announcement.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 22, 2012, 06:30:40 PM »

Maybe they all want more cash for their efforts?

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: September 22, 2012, 06:40:12 PM »

A question:
Can Mike tour under then BBs name without Brian's and Al's agreement?

If the answer is no, then there shouldn't be any arguing among group members. This seems like a publicity game of some sort. Maybe it's just that they're pulling to get the best out of it all. Maybe it's just about creating momentum for a re-reunion announcement.

^Exactly.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
BB Universe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 22, 2012, 08:47:52 PM »

(Remember, Mike has the license...[and, I wonder if there must have been some agreement to the license to let the name be used in the 50 Year Celebration configuration] ). The principals are obviously not of the same mind on this topic

Once the tour ended it was known that Michael still had the license to use the name. I'm sorry but I don't see what's making the fan base go absolutely ape over this. I don't know if it's idealism, good old fashioned ignorance, or just the fact that people look for reasons to hate on Michael.

These are probably the reality of the situation. The owner of the license can determine to what extent the others can participate - all events; a percentage of the events etc. This is what the BRI licensing terms set up. Many of us have opinions as to what the next correct move should be; and there are numerous options (ie. keep touring; don't tour and oversaturate the market; part tour - part do studio etc.). If the principals don't agree, you start from the basics (the license rights) and go from there.  This is the structure they set up before - we shouldn't criticize anyone for working within it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 09:22:37 PM by Snapbacks & Tattoos » Logged
BB Universe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 22, 2012, 08:56:23 PM »

Quick FYI: the 1st 2 paragraphs to my prior post were taken from other posts but I didn't attribute them to those who posted the comments because I'm not that proficient yet in doing so; I'll learn.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: September 22, 2012, 09:22:47 PM »

^ Fixed for you.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 22, 2012, 11:00:50 PM »

This is all so awkward. Dave's wife manages his Facebook page, so it's not like it's some bored intern who doesn't know better. And the way the petition is worded is so miserable. It makes it sound like the rest of the guys are begging to go to the fall Mike+Bruce gigs.

I guess we should all be thankful these guys didn't have access to FB in the 1960s-90s,.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 22, 2012, 11:12:24 PM »

That actually would have been great..

Imagine Brian's facebook updates..

"Writing in the sandbox"

"Eating Steak"

"Mike's not loving the new album, thinking of calling it off"

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 22, 2012, 11:18:53 PM »

Brian Wilson needs your help to chop lumber and feed the chickens in Farmville

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 22, 2012, 11:50:29 PM »

I never expected the reunion to continue beyond this summer, the guys don't like each other, it's that simple. But if Brian, Al and David want to go out with Brian's band playing Beach Boys music, I'd be fine with that. It would certainly be as valid a BB's band as Mike's.
superunison
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 23, 2012, 02:12:15 AM »

That actually would have been great..

Imagine Brian's facebook updates..

"Writing in the sandbox"

"Eating Steak"

"Mike's not loving the new album, thinking of calling it off"

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 23, 2012, 02:27:10 AM »

You know what? Even if this were just a clever marketing ploy with the full consent and participation of Brian and Al, it still wouldn't matter. A good number of the fans who have been following this in the last few days will still blame it on Mike or his manager(s). It will still be Mike's fault. The guy can't win to matter what.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 23, 2012, 03:52:50 AM »

Why couldn't that press release at least end on a positive note and say something like "Keep an eye out for possible future plans with all original members of the Beach Boys in the near future.  Stay tuned!"

At least make it sound like the last few months actually MEANT something to them...

Agreed!
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: September 23, 2012, 04:55:11 AM »

Suddenly, the whole reunion sucks because what we were told -from day 1- that would happen, happened.

Mike Love held the hero title for like 6 months. Which is an unheard-of record form him.

Now it's back to normal. We only need a Blondie and Ricky petition thrown in.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 23, 2012, 05:22:46 AM »

Suddenly, the whole reunion sucks because what we were told -from day 1- that would happen, happened.

Mike Love held the hero title for like 6 months. Which is an unheard-of record form him.

Now it's back to normal. We only need a Blondie and Ricky petition thrown in.

Dr. Lenny - You hit the nail on the head!

I can't get my head around all this vitriol.  What seems to be clear is that many people don't understand what "previous commitments" mean.  My guess is that there are previous bookings which are specific to the Touring Band. 

They use different venues than the C50 band.  Would the C50 band fit on some of these stages? They may have hospitality arrangements.  Non refundable airline tickets, benefactors and sponsors for charitable organizations, schools or colleges, hospitals, etc.  We don't know and speculation is ridiculous.  A good business person is good on "their word."

Can people lobby for future shows with the "principals?" Of course, and it gives the band a "read" on a potential market.  That is useful information.  But, if one can find an old Larry King show with Brian and Melinda being interviewed, you will see a different position.  The licensing agreement was touched upon, And, it may be argued; that was THEN, and this is NOW.  And, the game may have changed with this reunion as the Polar Ice Cap has melted.  Surf has frozen over.  The old Round Table of King Arthur has been resurrected with our Knights in Shining Armour!

But, that might not change the prior commitments.  And, honestly, everyone has "eaten their words with a fork and spoon." Mike was correct that the "sum was bigger than the parts." But, that does not change anything, in my view, IF there are prior commitments.  Is there middle ground that is not driven by fans? Probably. 

Is Brian finished with any commitments he might have?  He has been in big demand. We don't know and it is none of our business either.  Are Al or David otherwise committed to projects?  We don't know.  There is a lot to look at.  They all need a good vacation.  Even if the "work is fun, fun, fun."   Wink

debonbon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 23, 2012, 05:23:42 AM »

What a bummer, so glad I got to see them a few weeks ago.

A healthy...low fat or non-fat...healthy......blizzard.
adloc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 23, 2012, 05:33:45 AM »

You know what? Even if this were just a clever marketing ploy with the full consent and participation of Brian and Al, it still wouldn't matter. A good number of the fans who have been following this in the last few days will still blame it on Mike or his manager(s). It will still be Mike's fault. The guy can't win to matter what.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

And Mike and Bruce have kept a dignified silence actually
Carrie Marks
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 23, 2012, 05:40:58 AM »

Dave's wife manages his Facebook page

No, not for sometime now.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 27 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx