gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:50:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ENDLESS SUMMER WILL CONTINUE AFTER THE BEACH BOYS 50TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR WRAP  (Read 128160 times)
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #600 on: September 24, 2012, 02:33:23 PM »

Looks like sh!t just got real. I feel like I should be sitting by the computer with a bowl of popcorn while checking Facebook! The guys must really be getting a kick out of this. I'll bet by the time I come home and check this place again they'll be more FB posts and more comments about how ridiculous this is getting. I'm betting this thread will grow about 2 or 3 pages by tomorrow evening.

I think it'll grow 2 or 3 pages in an hour!

Damn, really off by a lot. Ayyy... this is gonna be a looong week. When's the real story gonna come out? I'm starting to get tired of seeing all this drama unfold on FB and other places. This whole damn thing is giving me a massive headache with a bunch of things to worry about right now, this is the very last thing I need. This is why I hesitate to get so deeply involved in stuff like this. Thank god I wasn't alive when the drama was at its worst.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 24, 2012, 02:41:36 PM »

"We know" Al and Dave don't run their Facebook pages? says who? do you think some nerd in an office gets paid ten dollars an hour to update Al and Dave's facebook? I'd be really surprised.

I'd say so, since "Al" just posted the petition again on his FB page while the real Al is onstage in London.......

Maybe Al ducked behind a monitor between songs and whipped his ipad out?  Roll Eyes

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 24, 2012, 03:19:31 PM »

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #603 on: September 24, 2012, 03:21:08 PM »

OMG LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 24, 2012, 03:26:18 PM »

LOL made my day  LOL
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 24, 2012, 03:28:44 PM »

Great picture. LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 24, 2012, 04:11:26 PM »

"We know" Al and Dave don't run their Facebook pages? says who? do you think some nerd in an office gets paid ten dollars an hour to update Al and Dave's facebook? I'd be really surprised.

I'd say so, since "Al" just posted the petition again on his FB page while the real Al is onstage in London.......

Maybe Al ducked behind a monitor between songs and whipped his ipad out?  Roll Eyes

The band all got iPhones for this tour so maybe he used that.

No mas, por favor.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 24, 2012, 04:45:10 PM »

excellent, but a suck up quote from Bruce to Mike would take it to the next level

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 24, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »

I wanted to have a go myself! Grin (You might have to zoom in because the text is a bit small i'm afraid)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:48:32 PM by SamMcK » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 24, 2012, 04:57:44 PM »

The state of the BBs in 2012. LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 24, 2012, 06:10:35 PM »

Wow, you really couldn't make this stuff up, could you?
oldsurferdude
« Reply #611 on: September 24, 2012, 07:05:02 PM »

BRIAN WILSON made ALL the music and is the true enigma and genius of the group, the one and only who made them go anywhere. When BRIAN dies, the Beach Boys as a term will die with him. Yes, Dennis and Carl were the heart & soul of The Beach Boys, but as Dennis himself said: 'Brian Wilson is THE Beach Boys'. They went on to be more than his messengers, but in the end Brian is the only being who can claim TRUE ownership of anything associated with the iconic name 'The Beach Boys'. Even back when he didn't tour with them, he was always there and always contributed their best music, ALWAYS. Even in his darkest hour. The notion that anyone can deny THE Brian Wilson a right to tour with and/or use the name 'The Beach Boys' is utterly digusting and illigitimate imho.

CAPS INTENDED.

Brian Wilson made ALL the music for Feel Flows, Long Promised Road, Big Sur, Only With You, Disney Girls, Trader, and....... oh, nevermind.
Thanks, man and yes you are a dude for that. Grin
oldsurferdude
« Reply #612 on: September 24, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »

OSD is not a troll.

He's a LONGTIME fan who, I ...... THINK....... has something of a dislike for Mike Love.
oops!
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 24, 2012, 08:24:49 PM »

alright girls, let's get on with it; who can summarize the state of things? The BB are planning a new album together?  can we say that?  future tours? clarification over the few M/B shows? a pledge of eternal unity? some wise scholar please offer a concrete summary of what we know.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #614 on: September 24, 2012, 08:31:10 PM »

We all have to remain calm and patient until the moment Al Jardine stops remaining calm and patient and spills.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: September 24, 2012, 09:17:59 PM »

alright girls, let's get on with it; who can summarize the state of things? The BB are planning a new album together?  can we say that?  future tours? clarification over the few M/B shows? a pledge of eternal unity? some wise scholar please offer a concrete summary of what we know.

Maybe. No word. Not a few, quite a number starting right after the UK dates. Not as yet.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #616 on: September 25, 2012, 06:32:05 AM »

I don't know. Rolling Stone and Nutty Jerry's statement make it sound like Nutty Jerry's cancelled it because it wasn't the reunion group.

In the grand scheme of things, it probably doesn't matter, but this is what the LA Times article states:

"The shift in the touring lineup also has caused some confusion outside the group itself. Texas club Nutty Jerry's had booked a Beach Boys show, which has since been canceled. Love's manager Jay Jones said it was Love's decision to halt the show because it was being inaccurately promoted as part of the reunion tour with the original members."

The full group is back, so I think the demand is for full group or no group at all.

Got some news for you dude - outside of us and the Blooies, NO-ONE CARES who's in the band.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 25, 2012, 06:42:37 AM »

I don't know. Rolling Stone and Nutty Jerry's statement make it sound like Nutty Jerry's cancelled it because it wasn't the reunion group.

In the grand scheme of things, it probably doesn't matter, but this is what the LA Times article states:

"The shift in the touring lineup also has caused some confusion outside the group itself. Texas club Nutty Jerry's had booked a Beach Boys show, which has since been canceled. Love's manager Jay Jones said it was Love's decision to halt the show because it was being inaccurately promoted as part of the reunion tour with the original members."

The full group is back, so I think the demand is for full group or no group at all.

Got some news for you dude - outside of us and the Blooies, NO-ONE CARES who's in the band.
What was the point of the reunion then? Casual people cared that Brian was back in the group with so many news stories about the reunion. People accepted the M&B  band because it was the only touring BBs group, but now they want to see all the old guys they remember from the records. Nostalgia is a powerful force.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 25, 2012, 06:55:49 AM »

I'd say half true. No-one else cares if Al or David Marks are in the band (sorry guys but true!!) but the music press always sit up and take notice where Brian's involved.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 25, 2012, 07:04:52 AM »

I would say the many thousands of ecstatic fans I was among this summer beg to differ.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 25, 2012, 07:27:12 AM »

"The shift in the touring lineup also has caused some confusion outside the group itself. Texas club Nutty Jerry's had booked a Beach Boys show, which has since been canceled. Love's manager Jay Jones said it was Love's decision to halt the show because it was being inaccurately promoted as part of the reunion tour with the original members.

Andrew - lots of fans who are elder to us, "take attendance."  They always want to give you a history lesson, about the first BB show they saw in 1962 or 1963, when we were in preschool!   Wink

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 25, 2012, 07:56:11 AM »

I think you maybe erring on the side of hyperbole there AGD. Ooo. That sounds like a great title for a terrible song!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #622 on: September 25, 2012, 08:27:39 AM »

I must've been hallucinating the giant roar of ecstatic crowd approval when Brian's name is announced by Jeff at the reunion gigs. I guess the M&B show will have no problem getting similar tv and venue bookings without the burden of those members that only please a tiny minority of internet fans.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 08:29:59 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 25, 2012, 08:31:15 AM »

You kidding? Nobody cares if Bruce Johnston or David Marks or maybe even Al Jardine is in the group. But if the group has Brian Wilson in it, along with that nasal guy, then that is recognizably "The Beach Boys". If it's just that nasal guy who people might not know the name of, they know that guy is a Beach Boy, but are pretty sure this isn't the band that made those hits back in the day. People are just a wee bit more informed then we give them credit for. it's a big deal to the larger music fan community.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 25, 2012, 08:47:03 AM »

The oblivion of the public is not our concern here. Rather is's the real status of the BB as we understand them, so we can drop the fight about how stupid casual fans and ticket buyers are. It solves nothing. We care only about the BB, whom we love, and about our own needs, which are to have them clarify each point we have been hammering.  I have not shaved now showered in days because of the anxiety, not have I taken food and drink. I will keep this ascetic vigil until a new album is promised, etc.

And as for that new, rockin album, what happens to the left-over songs from TWG?  To Dave's Stowaway? to Bruce's song, to waves of love, to the suite (I love that part featured in Doing it again).  Perhaps a one-side rock and one side mellow variety album?
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx