gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 07:17:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ENDLESS SUMMER WILL CONTINUE AFTER THE BEACH BOYS 50TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR WRAP  (Read 128155 times)
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: September 22, 2012, 03:04:07 PM »

All that's missing is a Bowie-style announcement from Mike at the end of the Wembley show: "Not only is it the last show of the tour....".

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Jason
« Reply #376 on: September 22, 2012, 03:05:21 PM »

This has gone from constructive criticism to simple Michael bashing. It was known BEFORE THE TOUR BEGAN that it would go back to the way it was BEFORE THE TOUR BEGAN. This should never have come as a surprise to anyone, but Brianistas were never that perceptive.
And Mykahnistas were?  Whatever!

You mad, bro?
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 22, 2012, 03:07:14 PM »

What the hell is going on around here?  I'm in a bizarro world?  All this stinks of something.  Something's up here.

Oh yeah, most definitely.

Who manages their FB and Twitter? I thought the media was already bad enough with this but their people doing stuff like that online just adds fuel to the fire, if there really is a fire and not one created by the media.

Maybe the point IS to throw fuel on the fire...gets us talking, and so when they tour together again, the novelty of them performing together again is still intact. It's like those furniture stores that have yearly 'going out of business' sales.

It's a bunch of bored Brianistas involving themselves in a whole bunch of conspiracy theories.

Ehh...remember...Controversy creates cash. This is a ploy, by all sides. I wouldn't be surprised if Mike not only knew about the petition, but suggested Al link to it. 

Yeah...my earlier post on the last page suggested the very same thing.  I thought I was looney just thinking it but it's looking more and more plausible.  This is all nuts!

Well, what if all this "drama" and disagreements about the direction of the band was all manufactured just for publicity?  It'd be really something if in an alternate reality, they actually all had sat together and agreed that they'd reconvene with the reunion next year but until then the Mike/Bruce show would go on in the interim.  So in the meantime, they created this fake "drama" to stir up the media (and fans) in thinking there were "bad vibrations" which would make it look like they split under bad terms.  The huge payoff to this would be when they come back on tour and we all go nuts all over again because we thought it'd never happen again considering the way this tour had ended.  Hook, line, sinker!  If this scenario was true, Mike is sort of the hero of the group because he's putting himself up as the "villian"/"bad guy" just for this plan to actually work.  Whatta guy! Smokin

I'm not saying that's exactly what's happening here but it's fun to think about.  A small part of me thinks this is the case though.  It's sort of weird that Brian is so vocal about this situation.  It reminds me how vocal and adamant he was last year that a reunion was definitely not going to happen.  Shades of that are creeping up here a bit.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 03:11:35 PM by Justin » Logged
Jason
« Reply #378 on: September 22, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »

Considering how gullible much of our company is...it would not really be surprising.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: September 22, 2012, 03:12:06 PM »

One last thing...did you notice that Mike linked to the Rolling Stone story about this?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 22, 2012, 03:14:54 PM »

Yeah they're all linking and sharing these stories all over FB.

Either this is so obviously a ploy to make it seem things are unraveling in the group or the person(s) in charge of each of their Facebook accounts is so ridiculously thick he/she doesn't know how destructive these posts are to the band.  I can't imagine it'd be the latter. 

I know Al said he doesn't know how to use his iPhone...but this is getting ridiculous!!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 22, 2012, 03:15:16 PM »

It's all Al and Brians fault at the end of the day folks. Remember the BB official clips all quoted Al saying 'one final time'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2dTaamcyeM

Brian we all assumed his heart wasn't in it and would either not start or could not last 50 plus gigs.

They have both back-tracked it appears.

Who gave them the right to enjoy themselves and want to keep it going? Wink
oldsurferdude
« Reply #382 on: September 22, 2012, 03:15:52 PM »

Considering how gullible much of our company is...it would not really be surprising.
There he goes again!! Roll Eyes
Jason
« Reply #383 on: September 22, 2012, 03:17:48 PM »

Hey, it's an objective assessment based on sixteen pages of gobbledegook. Smiley
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 22, 2012, 03:22:49 PM »

Shut 'em down.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 22, 2012, 03:24:13 PM »

If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black? If you ever even hinted at something nice about Mike, the Earth might just stand still. I think Justin has this just about right; it is either a clever ploy, or their individual managers are dumbest motherhumpers in the music business.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Banana
Smiley Smile Associate

Mike Love, Not War!

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 22, 2012, 03:27:16 PM »

Should any of this really be a shock?  This is the Beach Boys we're talking about.  Since when have they ever done anything cleanly?  They've been a musical soap opera for 50 years...why stop now!!

"You wanna have the '409' sound, right?  On 'Help Me, Rhonda'?"

"Honkin' down the gosh-darned highway..."

"Cried so hard...teardrops on my bed...COME ON MUTHAF*****S!"
Jason
« Reply #387 on: September 22, 2012, 03:31:56 PM »

Should any of this really be a shock?  This is the Beach Boys we're talking about.  Since when have they ever done anything cleanly?  They've been a musical soap opera for 50 years...why stop now!!

And the fan base swallows it...hook, line, and s(t)inker.
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: September 22, 2012, 03:40:14 PM »

WTF David's fan page posted the petition too. This is just getting ridiculous.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: September 22, 2012, 03:41:10 PM »

...and now Dave has shared the petition link...

edit

beat me to it

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 22, 2012, 03:42:37 PM »

This is the worst trip i've ever been on.
Jason
« Reply #391 on: September 22, 2012, 03:45:44 PM »

This is the worst trip i've ever been on.

Sixteen pages summed up in nine words.
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 22, 2012, 03:47:08 PM »

You know I think we all just need to chill a bit at the moment because this is all getting kinda heated. I'm almost certain we're guaranteed another tour and album for next year at this point considering how well the public response was this year. Either way i'm just happy i'm going to see one of the best bands of all time next week with my favourite musician Brian Wilson! Smiley
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 03:49:00 PM by SamMcK » Logged
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 22, 2012, 03:53:03 PM »

It would be kinda funny if each Beach Boy's FB is run to include all major headline articles. That's what I thought when Brian first started posting the coverage about these, that they just post any and all articles. It seems that Billy C. is on to something, though, now that the other (non M&B) BBs are posting them too.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 22, 2012, 03:56:54 PM »

can we get another petition going saying please stop this sh*t!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Jason
« Reply #395 on: September 22, 2012, 03:58:23 PM »

I'll sign this petition...

Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 22, 2012, 03:59:53 PM »

I don't think this is a calculated publicity ploy -- my mantra remains "never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence".

Having said that, though -- I think it does make the thinking behind the original press release a little clearer.  Why make such a deal about the reunion lineup ending?  So that, if they do manage to pull another album and tour together down the line, it becomes an event too.  A re-reunion of sorts, rather than just "Fleetwood Mac are out on tour... again!"

Cheers,
Jon Blum
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: September 22, 2012, 04:01:33 PM »

They're probably gathering around the computer at this moment looking at Facebook and laughing at how gullible we are!

Jason
« Reply #398 on: September 22, 2012, 04:02:53 PM »

They're probably gathering around the computer at this moment looking at Facebook and laughing at how gullible we are!

Hey, this thread and the Facebook pages have been great entertainment at work today! Farce on a Fawlty Towers level.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: September 22, 2012, 04:03:15 PM »

Wink

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx