gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680553 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 03:14:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys on CBC  (Read 4045 times)
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2012, 08:19:19 PM »

Full episode up here:

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2279843881/

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 08:49:38 PM »

'preciate it!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 09:13:36 AM »

Thank you !

Interesting to note that the part that was shown on youtube isn't included (Al comparing Brian to Gershwin).
Also it strikes me once again how less of intellectual speakers the boys are. No one seems especially charismatic. But when you see them on stage it's the other way

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 10:36:28 AM »

Thank you !

Interesting to note that the part that was shown on youtube isn't included (Al comparing Brian to Gershwin).
Also it strikes me once again how less of intellectual speakers the boys are. No one seems especially charismatic. 
Sorry, but why old people need to be charismatic, even if they're The Beach Boys?

I didn't say they need to be. I'm just saying they aren't. And except for Dennis - and in a strange way sometimes Brian - they never were.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 11:32:36 AM »

The interview (seems to be a longer version) on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaFsqQqvwuo

Can anyone tell me why Al talks about Mike Stoller at the end? Will he be on Q soon?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 11:57:16 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 03:27:55 PM »

Can anyone tell me why Al talks about Mike Stoller at the end? Will he be on Q soon?

Brian acknowledges the Spanish thing on IJWMFTT! Way cool. Al doesn't even remember doing that!

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 04:32:48 PM »

Brian acknowledges the Spanish thing on IJWMFTT! Way cool. Al doesn't even remember doing that!

That was very very cool. Also cool to see that exchange between Al & Brian. Brian's "Thank you" followed by Al's "You're welcome" seemed very genuine.

Mike showed how much of a dick he can be with that "C'mon, spit it out!" comment towards the interviewer. The one "SMH" moment during the interview.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx