gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:16:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Final Gig: Wembley Arena - London, UK 9/28/12  (Read 102647 times)
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 04:34:46 AM »

I've already seen them but I'm still jealous!  Have fun guys, you're gonna love it!!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 06:40:47 AM »

I shall be there too, block C4, Row 10 seat 53 + 52!

You take two seats? You seem to be pretty obese. Wink 2

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2012, 07:36:59 AM »

I've already seen them but I'm still jealous!  Have fun guys, you're gonna love it!!

I know what you mean , I was lucky enough to go over to Germany for 2 gigs (phew that was rather great)

I can't get enough of the 'Live' gigs , in fact so much so that I am rather pissed (to save the very least) that I didn't get BBC Tickets for either of the Mermaid or Jools Holland Shows  Sad

But am really counting down the days for next week , and you know what meeting all the other fans ( in the pub etc... ) is half the thrill  
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:26:37 AM by Rob Dean » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2012, 07:51:13 AM »

Extra tickets just released on ticketmaster..

Good seats too!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2012, 10:21:19 AM »

I shall be there too, block C4, Row 10 seat 53 + 52!

You take two seats? You seem to be pretty obese. Wink 2

¬.¬ Either that or I'm super skinny and my friend is reasonably obese. Or I've got a friend. One or the other  Grin

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2012, 02:04:09 PM »

Dear, Beach Boys

Please write that rock n roll album now.

Sincerely,
EVERYONE

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2012, 06:31:39 PM »

To all who are going to the UK shows:
Enjoy it ! I'm sure it will be a fantastic experience if it'll be anything like they did in Berlin. 

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2012, 07:12:19 PM »

I've already seen them but I'm still jealous!  Have fun guys, you're gonna love it!!

I know what you mean , I was lucky enough to go over to Germany for 2 gigs (phew that was rather great)

I can't get enough of the 'Live' gigs , in fact so much so that I am rather pissed (to save the very least) that I didn't get BBC Tickets for either of the Mermaid or Jools Holland Shows  Sad

But am really counting down the days for next week , and you know what meeting all the other fans ( in the pub etc... ) is half the thrill  
Yes it sounds great you are all going to meet up, wish I could be there too Sad   lots of smiley smilers over there.  You should all make it an annual thing to catch up.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 07:14:40 PM by Wild-Honey » Logged
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2012, 12:38:10 AM »

Does anyone know when the gates open for this, is it 7 30 or is that the start time? I'd like to get in and soak up the atmosphere.
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2012, 02:38:30 AM »

Without having the ticket to hand, I would imagine no later than 6pm.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Paulos
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2012, 11:09:17 AM »

YOU GUYS.

8 DAYS.

Grin Grin Grin

Paulos and all , PLEASE REMEMBER THE PRE-MEET AT 'THE GREEN MAN' Pub ( details as posted elsewhere ) Mid Afternoon

Can't wait  Grin                     

7 days! I'll be at the Green Man and I hope to meet many other Smiley Smilers too, Mr Dean I'm pretty sure I owe you a beer!
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2012, 01:57:22 PM »

I will be there B4 row 6 seats 49/50 - me and the wife.

What's this about a pre-concert meet? I will be going from work and might be in the area by 5pm.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2012, 02:03:55 PM »

YOU GUYS.

8 DAYS.

Grin Grin Grin

Paulos and all , PLEASE REMEMBER THE PRE-MEET AT 'THE GREEN MAN' Pub ( details as posted elsewhere ) Mid Afternoon

Can't wait  Grin                     

7 days! I'll be at the Green Man and I hope to meet many other Smiley Smilers too, Mr Dean I'm pretty sure I owe you a beer!
There must be hundreds of guys owing him a beer.  Grin Me too, IIRC.

Have fun with what might turn out to be the actual final gig of a BBs incarnation that matters.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2012, 10:19:37 AM »

Just got an email from Wembley, doors at half 6, concert starts at half 7, finish at 11pm

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2012, 10:26:55 AM »

Just got an email from Wembley, doors at half 6, concert starts at half 7, finish at 11pm

Pretty good. If they do start at exactly 7:30 with only a 20 minute intermission, you'll probably get a 15-20 minute longer show than the majority of us got. I'm calling Surf's Up.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2012, 10:28:17 AM »

Hmm, okay. What time are people moving on from the pub, because my friend and i are making our way up and if we get there early enough we're visiting ze pub first to see the Smiley Smilers - but if it's too late we'll go straight in.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Paulos
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2012, 10:31:10 AM »

Hmm, okay. What time are people moving on from the pub, because my friend and i are making our way up and if we get there early enough we're visiting ze pub first to see the Smiley Smilers - but if it's too late we'll go straight in.

Google maps says it takes 8 minutes to walk from the pub to the arena so I'd think we will be there till 7:00pm at the very latest.

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2012, 10:34:19 AM »

Google maps says it takes 8 minutes to walk from the pub to the arena so I'd think we will be there till 7:00pm at the very latest.

Okay, we may pop along. i'm sure someone will now recognise my face thanks to my (rather scary according to my friend) display picture.

TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2012, 01:07:20 PM »

Enjoy the last ever true Beach Boys show.

I'm sure things are mighty tense right now within the group.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2012, 01:19:21 PM »

I'm sure things are mighty tense right now within the group.
Maybe. Maybe not. I guess they're much more chillaxed about 'it' than we are. They're pros and they've been doing exactly this (dealing with band bullshit) for the past much-quoted 50+ years. I'm sure Mike has long settled this with the guys.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2012, 04:06:28 PM »

Plus, they have a much more clearer idea what the future looks like...we don't.  We're all grasping at straws and making assumptions about this, that and the other.  But they themselves know better than we do (at least Mike does, I'd assume) and I don't think it's something that is causing for any tense moments between the group.  My feeling is Mike looks at it as "Dont' sweat it...we'll figure it out."
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2012, 05:24:40 PM »

Just saw these 2 auctions on Ebay for 2 front row seats and 2 front block. What do you suppose they'll sell for? ( they're still very low at the moment) 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-X-THE-BEACH-BOYS-TICKETS-WEMBLEY-ARENA-LONDON-FRI-28-SEPT-2012-FRONT-ROW-/120991831847

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-X-THE-BEACH-BOYS-TICKETS-WEMBLEY-ARENA-LONDON-FRI-28-SEPT-2012-FRONT-BLOCK-/110957503106   

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2012, 10:03:05 PM »

About to leave for the airport

Wembley, Beach Boys,  here I come!  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2012, 10:57:27 PM »

I hope they play the same setlist as the albert hall - if not better!

AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2012, 12:23:04 AM »

I'm going to be there tonight. Suspect, sadly, that they won't do a show as long as the Albert Hall one, but even so it should be very, very special.

I'll also be at the Green Man. Anyone who wants to meet up -- or to avoid me -- I'll be the one with the gigantic beard, in a white Beach Boys t-shirt with a yellow and red surfer logo.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx