gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:27:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 73: Royal Albert Hall - London, UK 9/27/12  (Read 107896 times)
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2012, 01:35:38 PM »

Interrupted every 45 seconds by doughy gentlemen and their wives raving about "good vibrations" and how "surf's up."

I can see them spin it as a cool new revolutionary way to do concert DVDs.

Can't you? Muahahah. "This allows us to take the very best from every show and provide the ULTIMATE Beach Boys concert experience with unparalleled quality and excitement!"
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2012, 01:42:21 PM »

(shudder) I can absolutely see that.   Undecided
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2012, 01:46:31 PM »

I would guess the cost of putting small cameras around the stage is minimal nowadays plus the guys filming were there anyway. It would be cool if the powers that be planned to film several whole gigs then release the best, be it Red Rocks,  Royal Albert or wherever. Would be a shame not to have one concert of the 70 plus where the stars all lined up with regard to the setlist, vocals, audience etc.
sayhey
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2012, 06:22:56 PM »

I  haven't posted here before, but always like reading this message board  Smiley
I've posted videos of the RAH concert in London on youtube (in 21 parts some currently in download progress) which was truly a magical night. My question is, what do you you recommend as far as combining some of the videos? IE part 8 and 9 of the girl with the cleft palate into one video (SMiLE). I kind of just threw all of them up there (the good, the bad and the ugly re my video skills), and am currently convalescing in bed with back and neck spasms. So, I haven't been able to categorize them yet into specific songs, etc. Thanks! Ken
(youtube screen name is tusrdu)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2012, 07:39:04 PM »

Nice job with the videos. Sure getting big thumbs up from this site.

You know, I was wondering how hard it must have been to film for 3 hours so close to the stage. Trying to watch the gig but also film a nice quality picture. Are your back and neck issues related to that? LOL

Re the videos. How about leaving them as they are but just listing the songs in each clip? (if that has been done since I watched some of them then just ignore)
sayhey
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 02, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »

Nice job with the videos. Sure getting big thumbs up from this site.

You know, I was wondering how hard it must have been to film for 3 hours so close to the stage. Trying to watch the gig but also film a nice quality picture. Are your back and neck issues related to that? LOL

Re the videos. How about leaving them as they are but just listing the songs in each clip? (if that has been done since I watched some of them then just ignore)
Thanks! Actually, my back and neck didn't start spasming till the next day...more of a function of a chronic neck problem from sitting at a computer than the show itself  Smiley Total filming time I think was less than an hour since my camera died shortly after the intermission (interval), bad for posting but good for my neck and back  Smiley

What really surprised me about the show other than Brian's enthusiasm and obvious love of the BB (he first grabbed Mike Love's hand for the bow after the first Encore) and lack of auto-tune use in the first half, was the incredible performance by Bruce Johnston with "Disney Girls" (currently at the end of the 10min video clip), so I think I will separate that one out and try to load that one, and even perhaps label the others tomorrow depending how I feel.
Glad the critics reviewing the show saw the same one we did! It truly was a magical night...
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 03, 2012, 01:23:10 AM »

Thanks ontor and STE for the info on the stationary cameras.  I wonder how many other concert DVDs were filmed with these type of cameras.  I am quite curious what exactly they can do with that and what the results will bring. 

I have absolutely no idea how/where they'll use this footage.  They've already filmed Phoenix and Red Rocks in the US.  We are still owed a TV (NBC?) concert program from the tour, I assume footage will come from one of those shows?  Will we see a DVD release of that program?  Who knows.  But then there is that one show in Australia they filmed also...beautiful cinematogaphy, as I recall.  And now these 2 UK shows also filmed..honestly they have a gaggle of stuff to work with here.   I'm excited and concerned at the same time with what they'll do with this.

Worst possible scenario:  they use 1 single live audio track, dubbed to the various footage edited together from all 4 concerts they have available ("Heroes and Villians" would have the audio from Chicago, the footage from Red Rocks, Phoenix, Royal Albert Hall and Wembley all weaved together to simulate one live performance).  I can see them spin it as a cool new revolutionary way to do concert DVDs. I cringe at the tought of it!  That would be the biggest F.U. they could give us. 

That'd be nuts and unfeasible seeing as they were probably all wearing different clothes, one's an outdoor ampitheatre and the rest are massive concert halls of differing ambience/look (especially the contrast between the Albert Hall/Wembley alone!).

my 0.02$ -  Just show The Albert Hall. It's a perfect theatre. Anything filmed there, unless the cameras were helmed by the criminally insane (and we know Bruce was onstage so the risks are considerably down), would look incredible. Ever watched The Last Night Of the Proms?

Plus, they did every song they performed on the tour, so it's a compilers dream.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Jaco
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: October 03, 2012, 04:35:31 AM »

Another video of Add Some Music, but it sounds like a different remix (from soundboard?) The keyboard organ is loud in the mix.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scUu_Hqjfjo&t=26s

from this point you hear: louder backing vocals (oh--) / louder guitar chords / beautiful louder percussion (drums?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scUu_Hqjfjo&t=2m21s
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 04:39:18 AM by Jaco » Logged
G.C
« Reply #208 on: October 03, 2012, 08:03:23 AM »

Is there a video of The Little Girl I Once Knew from RAH?

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: October 03, 2012, 08:17:07 AM »

Another video of Add Some Music, but it sounds like a different remix (from soundboard?) The keyboard organ is loud in the mix.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scUu_Hqjfjo&t=26s

from this point you hear: louder backing vocals (oh--) / louder guitar chords / beautiful louder percussion (drums?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scUu_Hqjfjo&t=2m21s

Thanks. One thing I missed on "Add some music" was after Al's "for your lonely soul" when Mike brings this cool bassline on the recording. Something like "ba-ba-ba-dididit". I always sing that line when I see videos of the reunion tour

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 03, 2012, 09:34:38 AM »

Thanks ontor and STE for the info on the stationary cameras.  I wonder how many other concert DVDs were filmed with these type of cameras.  I am quite curious what exactly they can do with that and what the results will bring. 

I have absolutely no idea how/where they'll use this footage.  They've already filmed Phoenix and Red Rocks in the US.  We are still owed a TV (NBC?) concert program from the tour, I assume footage will come from one of those shows?  Will we see a DVD release of that program?  Who knows.  But then there is that one show in Australia they filmed also...beautiful cinematogaphy, as I recall.  And now these 2 UK shows also filmed..honestly they have a gaggle of stuff to work with here.   I'm excited and concerned at the same time with what they'll do with this.

Worst possible scenario:  they use 1 single live audio track, dubbed to the various footage edited together from all 4 concerts they have available ("Heroes and Villians" would have the audio from Chicago, the footage from Red Rocks, Phoenix, Royal Albert Hall and Wembley all weaved together to simulate one live performance).  I can see them spin it as a cool new revolutionary way to do concert DVDs. I cringe at the tought of it!  That would be the biggest F.U. they could give us. 

That'd be nuts and unfeasible seeing as they were probably all wearing different clothes, one's an outdoor ampitheatre and the rest are massive concert halls of differing ambience/look (especially the contrast between the Albert Hall/Wembley alone!).

Haha I wouldn't put it past the BB to not care!  I was exaggerating suggesting that but a small part of me wanted to say it so I wouldn't be surprised later if they in fact did it that way.  It just sounds like something they'd do.   LOL

But like you, yeah I'd love the RAH gig.  I've been harping about that being the DVD relese since they announced the gig!  But I can't help but wonder what exactly they'll do with the other shows they've spent money on filming as well?  I guess we'll see. 
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2012, 01:09:08 PM »

Nice to hear Mike reclaim the lead vocal on "California". 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
freedomaspirer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2012, 03:23:16 PM »

I'm guessing it'd be the only performance of  Little Girl, no with B-Pain, it was only performed on the first few shows until RAH, hope somebody recorded it!
sayhey
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 03, 2012, 08:04:42 PM »

Here's my vid, although Brian is really out of focus, due to my camera's auto-focus with the lighting conditions (I can make an excuse for anything). Sorry.
http://youtu.be/FraqivR0_gY
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 03, 2012, 08:09:01 PM »

haha funny little shrug by Brian during the break..

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 03, 2012, 08:20:46 PM »

Here's my vid, although Brian is really out of focus, due to my camera's auto-focus with the lighting conditions (I can make an excuse for anything). Sorry.

Don't apologise, you're a legend!!! That video is amazing. I can't believe they dropped this so early in the tour. Such a wonderful song. Maybe not condusive for American audience wit that stop/go format.

Brian's lead is so powerful, and I don't even hear anyone doubling him. Not trying to put Jeff out of a job, but.... LOL

He looks so happy, too. Singing directly to the audience, smiling, dancing.....

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
SeanMaster150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 03, 2012, 09:41:20 PM »

Can somebody please upload Let Him Run Wild? I would be so very grateful!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 03, 2012, 09:51:30 PM »

I just realised that Brian goes falsetto(!!!) at about 0:30 in the Little Girl I Once Knew clip.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
SeanMaster150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2012, 10:13:38 PM »

I just realised that Brian goes falsetto(!!!) at about 0:30 in the Little Girl I Once Knew clip.

Think that's Jeff...
sayhey
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 03, 2012, 10:55:11 PM »

Before going to sleep, posted one more...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3C-jBvBads
"Dance, Dance, Dance" "Darlin' "Disney Girls"
Bruce does a nice job with Disney Girls, especially holding that last note.

FYI, from a previous post...some crowd shots of RAH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-stOKBYNes
"Little Deuce Coupe" and the beginning of "409"
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:25:59 AM by sayhey » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 04, 2012, 01:44:27 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9StwWfRRmt8

Still Cruisin and Don't Worry Baby.

Ahhh, and the 'your buddy' crack mentioned in the negative review last week. Taken completely out of context as we all suspected.
pmb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 04, 2012, 02:50:22 AM »

Think that's Jeff...

Does it again at 1:43 in the clip, seems like Brian to me. In Forever at RAH, he also try to go for the Falsetto part, but not as wholeheartedly as at Wembley!
Moz from Oz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2012, 03:53:27 AM »

Regarding the filming of this show, everyone is dressed/groomed like its a professional shoot. Brian is, I think wearing slacks and not the usual trackie pants,albeit with sneakers. His hair is done like he's at a shoot. The shows I saw in Sydney and Melbourne he had the wet slicked back look which makes him look older.John's sporting a shirt and blazer, Darian and I think Paul are rocking a suit. Not to mention Mike's gold jacket. Small observations I know. Just seems that everyone on the night looks snazzy or is it just a reflection of the prestige of the venue ?
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 04, 2012, 04:13:03 AM »

Just seems that everyone on the night looks snazzy or is it just a reflection of the prestige of the venue ?
Could be either reason.. or both. My money's on a professional taping.
G.C
« Reply #224 on: October 04, 2012, 09:24:09 AM »

Thank you!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx