gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 10:26:31 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If the Reverbation and Add Some Music albums were released instead of Sunflower  (Read 15655 times)
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2012, 02:40:30 PM »

Don't worry, I. Spaceman is harmless. Like a dog that barks at you from behind a neighbourhood fence, or the mild rush of terror when you think you have run out of loo roll but, no, turns out someone bought more.

That is Ethan J. Clark under a new name. No need to coddle the psycho.

I thought Ethan J Clark (AKA the consternator) had already rejoined under his own name sans numbers? Suppose I'm just out of the loop.

Yep, its just a new name (and thanks for the many more of your hurtful comments I.Spaceman)

Yes, nowhere near as hurtful as saying someone should stomp on your head and kill you, as you have said to me before.

Well as i stated before i'm sorry for my actions and threats.
Anyhow getting back on the topic  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 02:43:06 PM by "Hibbity" » Logged
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2012, 02:46:42 PM »

Well, you're not forgiven.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2012, 03:04:23 PM »

Well, that's understandable so okay.
Anyhow moving on now, to be really honest I actually like how Reverb and Add Some sounds like to me, nothing against Sunflower, but pretty much Reverb and Add Some Music are pretty much Volume 1 & 2 of Sunflower and Sunflower is just pretty much a combination of both
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2012, 08:44:25 PM »

Shut the f*** up already dude.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2012, 09:13:27 PM »

"If John hadn’t missed so much of the beginning of the sessions recovering from his car crash, maybe things would have played out differently.  But with his heart on things like leaving the group, playing with the POB, and Yoko, and with his mind on things like smack, who knows?"

I Don't think John was on smack during the Abbey Road sessions, I thought it was after
(a bit off-topic)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:25:28 PM by "Hibbity" » Logged
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2012, 09:28:42 PM »

Shocked

He's just bullying you, seriously Ian is a constant source of friction here. The way I understand it is he had some type of melt down several years back, made his own music message board, and has come back now for god only knows what reason. A story not especially far removed from your own, ironically.
He's gotten just the slightest leverage over you, and he's out to milk it for everything it's worth. I'm sure he can spend several hours typing up posts explaining why his histrionic behavior is totally justified, and how you simply deserve it as punishment for something or whatever. That's all bs though, he's taken the joke past the point of anyone besides him thinking its' funny, and he's just going to keep going and going. Why? I honestly don't know.

Hibbity, I'd say just stop using this board for a couple of weeks. Take a little break, and then when you come back make an entirely new account that isn't linked to your current one in anyway. As long as he know's who you are he'll continue gettin' hysterical over it. 

Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2012, 12:04:17 AM »

Shocked

He's just bullying you, seriously Ian is a constant source of friction here. The way I understand it is he had some type of melt down several years back, made his own music message board, and has come back now for god only knows what reason. A story not especially far removed from your own, ironically.
He's gotten just the slightest leverage over you, and he's out to milk it for everything it's worth. I'm sure he can spend several hours typing up posts explaining why his histrionic behavior is totally justified, and how you simply deserve it as punishment for something or whatever. That's all bs though, he's taken the joke past the point of anyone besides him thinking its' funny, and he's just going to keep going and going. Why? I honestly don't know.

Hibbity, I'd say just stop using this board for a couple of weeks. Take a little break, and then when you come back make an entirely new account that isn't linked to your current one in anyway. As long as he know's who you are he'll continue gettin' hysterical over it. 

To quote the mighty Jack Nicholson (in the less than mighty Mars Attacks): 'Why can't we all just get along?' We are after all supposed to be discussing the Beach Boys here, not terrorist atrocities or cures for cancer...
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2012, 02:52:17 AM »

What makes Sunflower so professional sounding compared to 20/20? It's such a huge jump and I'm interested to find out how it was achieved. For example, would a decent remix of something like All I Want to Do get it as pristine sounding as something like It's About Time, or were recording advancements partially responsible for Sunflower's clarity and polish?

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2012, 08:22:39 AM »

Shut the f*** up already dude.

Mind your own business, and don't swear at me, prick.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:35:33 AM by I. Spaceman » Logged

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2012, 08:27:39 AM »

Shocked

Why the HELL are you on the side of someone who did what he did? Are you put of your mind, or just stupid? Both? When the mother fu.ck did I ever post the pictures and threats that he did? NOTHING I have ever done compares. I really, really wish you had gotten the threats I did from him. You wouldn't be defending him at all.
I'so sick of taking sh*t from people.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:44:32 AM by I. Spaceman » Logged

Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2012, 10:12:47 AM »

"If John hadn’t missed so much of the beginning of the sessions recovering from his car crash, maybe things would have played out differently.  But with his heart on things like leaving the group, playing with the POB, and Yoko, and with his mind on things like smack, who knows?"

I Don't think John was on smack during the Abbey Road sessions, I thought it was after
(a bit off-topic)

No, John was certainly on heroin (whatever one's definition of "on" is) before Abbey Road, and though I may have taken some liberties and inadvertently implied that John was using during the actual sessions (which there was never any indication of),  1969 was (if you'll pardon my making even more of an sweeping staement than before) a heroin year for Lennon.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 01:55:10 PM by Generation42 » Logged
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2012, 12:29:21 PM »

Shocked

Why the HELL are you on the side of someone who did what he did? Are you put of your mind, or just stupid? Both? When the mother fu.ck did I ever post the pictures and threats that he did? NOTHING I have ever done compares. I really, really wish you had gotten the threats I did from him. You wouldn't be defending him at all.

Then leave! Leave this board for the love of all that is good and holy.
You know why people are giving you sh*t? Because you're a jerk, you're the one causing problems. And believe it or not, I'm not on anybody's side. I just dislike having to listen to your whining all the time, and could care less about whatever petty grudges you're holding. Just shut the hell up already. Nobody cares about you're self righteous indignation, nobody feels any sympathy for you because some mean man threatened you on the internet (seriously, are you 5?).
You're a bully, and I've had it up to hear with your crap. Time and time again, it's you that we have to thank for these derails and feuds. None of it is interesting or entertaining to anyone but you. Nobody is laughing at your snide attempts to provoke this guy by calling him 'bruce' or whatever.

shut up! shut up! shut up!

You are not a good poster, you're a source of incredible animosity, you're unlikable, you're an asshole. Feel free to stop posting whenever you want, please, you will in no way shape or form be missed by me. I'd rather have what's-his-face's gross pictures than you any day of the week.

It's time you grow up and get some self awareness Ian, people react badly to you everywhere you go because you're an unpleasant person. It's time you take responsibility for yourself. If you want to stop getting sh*t, stop giving it you fucking nitwit.

Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2012, 03:41:12 PM »

without looking thru all of the replies: i wouldnt give a care for both of the albums if they were released instead of my cherished SUNFLOWER.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2012, 04:55:54 PM »

Shocked

You know why people are giving you sh*t? Because you're a jerk, you're the one causing problems. And believe it or not, I'm not on anybody's side. I just dislike having to listen to your whining all the time, and could care less about whatever petty grudges you're holding. Just shut the hell up already. Nobody cares about you're self righteous indignation, nobody feels any sympathy for you because some mean man threatened you on the internet (seriously, are you 5?).
You're a bully, and I've had it up to hear with your crap. Time and time again, it's you that we have to thank for these derails and feuds. None of it is interesting or entertaining to anyone but you. Nobody is laughing at your snide attempts to provoke this guy by calling him 'bruce' or whatever.

You are not a good poster, you're a source of incredible animosity, you're unlikable, you're an asshole. Feel free to stop posting whenever you want, please, you will in no way shape or form be missed by me. I'd rather have what's-his-face's gross pictures than you any day of the week.

It's time you grow up and get some self awareness Ian, people react badly to you everywhere you go because you're an unpleasant person. It's time you take responsibility for yourself. If you want to stop getting sh*t, stop giving it you f***ing nitwit.

Aww, I love you too, Bruce.

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2012, 09:35:49 PM »

Shocked

It's time you grow up and get some self awareness Ian, people react badly to you everywhere you go because you're an unpleasant person. It's time you take responsibility for yourself. If you want to stop getting sh*t, stop giving it you f***ing nitwit.

Aww, I love you too, Bruce.

I'll hesitatingly step into this convo. I will admit I let Ian get to me a while ago. I even went to the Record Room and called him out for what I felt was exceeding rude behavior. He even made this comment to me:

kill anyone and everyone who has had to suffer through your presence in their life, and then shoot yourself directly through the head, because you are a waste of oxygen. And that it would have been much better for everyone concerned had your parents died in a flaming bus crash before your dear mother was forced to go through the painful ritual of excreting your odious, likely misshapen carcass.

But then I realized, he's just playing a game. Just as we all are. He's entertaining himself. And I got it, and now I actually kind of like and respect the guy. He knows that riling up Ethan "Hibbity" Clarke is gonna get the dude's underpants in a twist, so why not keep doing. It amuses him. And whatever.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2012, 10:48:40 PM »

I think you're a pretty cool cat, Sweet Dude. You get the joke.

Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2012, 11:54:09 PM »

Ahh, no, no, no. I can stomach any number of rants, feuds and tantrums from any posters at any time but, please, don't try to make out like it's all a joke. Like you're sat there chuckling away as you type. Because that is cringe-inducingly embaressing, far more naff than just being genuinely angry. Just be honest, you're pissed off. Don't try to imply it's all a - tee! hee! - joke, I mean really...
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2012, 12:05:49 AM »

I think Billy C should just start banning people for carrying on. I've said my peace. And I think we're all past the EthanClarke thing at this point, so maybe it's time for a moderator to just tell Ian to stop bringing it up or get banned. There's teasing or good natured ribbing, but this is a time when other members have expressed their annoyance with the behavior. There isn't a lot of moderation here, we're a pretty self regulating community, and when multiple members all feel as if a poster is acting inappropriately after being asked several times to stop, I think Billy C has justification for taking action.

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2012, 12:07:31 AM »

If Ian can quit his game, and if we can get the thread back on track there should be no need for that however.

Now, lets get back to Sunflower. What do people think about the alternate lyrics for Add Some Music?

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2012, 07:32:53 AM »

I think Billy C should just start banning people for carrying on. I've said my peace. And I think we're all past the EthanClarke thing at this point, so maybe it's time for a moderator to just tell Ian to stop bringing it up or get banned. There's teasing or good natured ribbing, but this is a time when other members have expressed their annoyance with the behavior. There isn't a lot of moderation here, we're a pretty self regulating community, and when multiple members all feel as if a poster is acting inappropriately after being asked several times to stop, I think Billy C has justification for taking action.

No, Billy C should never have let Ethan back on, if anything. And I have already complained to the moderators about being harrassed myself. Billy is a great guy, but not the only moderator.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2012, 07:33:25 AM »

Ahh, no, no, no. I can stomach any number of rants, feuds and tantrums from any posters at any time but, please, don't try to make out like it's all a joke. Like you're sat there chuckling away as you type. Because that is cringe-inducingly embaressing, far more naff than just being genuinely angry. Just be honest, you're pissed off. Don't try to imply it's all a - tee! hee! - joke, I mean really...

No, I'm saying the whole thing is, ultimately, a joke.

Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2012, 10:47:03 AM »

If Ian can quit his game, and if we can get the thread back on track there should be no need for that however.

Now, lets get back to Sunflower. What do people think about the alternate lyrics for Add Some Music?

They're not very good! Very awkward. Thank God they changed 'em. 'Add Some Music..' in fact is the exact opposite of 'Santa Ana Winds', wherein they had nice flowing lyrics and then they changed them for awkward, jarring ones for the released version.
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2012, 03:08:31 PM »

Wow did I miss a lot lol

"Now, lets get back to Sunflower. What do people think about the alternate lyrics for Add Some Music?"
Not so great lol
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:44:41 PM by "Hibbity" » Logged
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2012, 07:04:00 PM »

They're not very good! Very awkward. Thank God they changed 'em. 'Add Some Music..' in fact is the exact opposite of 'Santa Ana Winds', wherein they had nice flowing lyrics and then they changed them for awkward, jarring ones for the released version.

Spot on I think. The comparison to SAW is pretty apt, I hate how they mutilated such a nice little song.

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2012, 08:17:23 PM »

Spot on I think. The comparison to SAW is pretty apt, I hate how they mutilated such a nice little song.

It's the opposite, man. "On my porch, thinkin' about the torch" - so awkward and no flow. I do think the spoken intro on the released version is majorly corny, but all in all, I prefer what they did to it for release on KTSA.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx