gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:30:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 72: Burswood Dome - Perth, AU 9/6/2012  (Read 30373 times)
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 03:56:52 AM »

Facebook:

I had a wonderful time on tour and am looking forward to more fun with the guys. Thank you everybody for all your support. We loved playing for all of you and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Now THAT'S the post of the year.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 06:15:28 AM »

OMG, so Bruce's son is engaged to the daughter of the woman who keeps getting unflattering stories about her in the LA Times?   About how poor people deserve to be poor because they're all lazy (even though she inherited every single penny of her own wealth)?  

"They're afraid of success"  Cool

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 07:04:02 AM »

Facebook:

I had a wonderful time on tour and am looking forward to more fun with the guys. Thank you everybody for all your support. We loved playing for all of you and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

I hope he just doesn't mean the UK shows

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2012, 08:23:42 AM »

Wild-Honey, if you have someone who knows Photoshop they can very probably make versions of your photos that will significantly decrease their file size. That's the best bet for being able to upload--sometimes the default cell phone/digital camera settings make for huge files.

And thanks for the great reporting--we all love being able to savor these moments with all of you. Spreading the joy around the world is what it's all been about--you and so many others have been so great at doing that!!
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2012, 10:55:28 AM »

Wild-Honey, upload your photos to Imageshack and then posting them here  Grin

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2012, 02:39:40 PM »

I have some great photos,  and I have tried and tried to post them on here, but it says my files are too large, if anyone can help me out I'd be grateful.

The concert was fantastic,  I enjoyed every minute of it.  I was third row back at the side, unfortunately not the Brian side, but he was looking my way Wink  The venue was almost full and the crowd was really enthusiastic,  probably not as much as I was though..  I partially lost my voice from singing and yelling out,  and I danced a lot,  after intermission I stood and danced for the rest of the show,  making the people behind me get up too,  which they should have been anyway and they were moving and shaking after that too.   

Lots of varieties of ages, people running to the sides to dance.  Great stuff. 

I thought Brian seemed in to it,  the sail on sailor actions were hilarious, and Jeff was imitating him.  I think it was Fun, Fun, Fun where he got up and played the guitar.

Mike was great,  witty,  perfect frontman,  he looks the best out of all of them,   must be all that meditating.  His voice was excellent.

Al was terrific,  great energy on the stage,  perfect voice.  Cotton Fields was fantastic,  it's pretty popular in Oz.

Gee Dave plays a mean guitar,  I'm no musician but it sounded great. 

My brother was really impressed at their voices..  he couldn't believe it, even going as far to say that he thinks they sound better now!  He said "That Kennedy looking guy has got a great voice hasn't he!"  (Bruce) hahahah   Somebody wrote above that Bruce's voice was a little weak,  I think at the start he was probably a little hoarse, but he got better,  I'm not a huge fan of his songs, (however they are growing on me), but Disney Girls was really lovely.

The only criticism I have is that the night went wayyyyy to quickly,  and I immediately wanted to run out and buy a ticket to the UK to see another show.  It was my favourite musical experience.  I bought a programme for $30,  and it's great, totally worth the money,  and I bought a T-shirt.

THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC, BRIAN, MIKE, CARL, AL, DAVE, DENNIS AND BRUCE  xxx

Way to go, Wild-Honey, cool review!!!

I know what you mean about the length - while it was a pretty generous offering, I wish I'd had the means to splurge on getting to Sydney as well as Melbourne.

Totally agree about the program as well, a great little keepsake.

Thanks again and belated Birthday wishes.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2012, 06:18:18 PM »

Thanks guys!  I have tried imageshack,  hopefully this works.  Sorry about some of the crappy shots,  was too busy enjoying myself Wink

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jetd/
oldsurferdude
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2012, 05:31:57 PM »

Myke Luhv looks like he's expecting twins next month and he does not want to ever remove his hat--not even for the National Anthem.
WWDWD?
Smiley Smile Associate

What would Dennis Wilson do?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 02:45:01 AM »

Mike was great as the MC of the night. I really appreciated his presence. Plus his voice was stronger than I thought it would be from some of the stuff I've seen on youtube.
Brian sang a lot better than I expected. I am not a fan his voice of recent decades but even though he looked like he was asleep he definitely put some effort in with his singing and actually surprised me with his ability.
Bruce sang really good. I find his cheese-ball songs embarrassing but he absolutely nailed Disney Girls. Those high notes at the end were flawless.
It was so cool to hear David playing those surf solos. He played them awesomely. His guitar tone for most of the set was perfect. It seemed to get a bit cheesy toward the end of the show. Too much drive. Not enough surf.
Al sang really well too.

Great show.

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 04:52:18 AM »

Myke Luhv looks like he's expecting twins next month and he does not want to ever remove his hat--not even for the National Anthem.

Good guess - He's birthing some new Corgi's to give to the Queen when in the UK

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 06:30:51 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF77iZcyfxM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

They all doffed their headwear, for the Star Spangled Banner. 
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2012, 05:25:33 AM »

Source: http://imaginethetribute.wordpress.com/2012/09/13/marcus-cahill-joins-the-beach-boys/

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2012, 06:31:35 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNkkko4vlBs

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2012, 07:14:24 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNkkko4vlBs
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx