gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:41:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sydney Morning Herald "review"  (Read 2664 times)
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2012, 12:01:59 PM »

This came in my Google alerts today. I don't know what concert the reviewer saw, but there was nothing "washed up" about the performances on this tour that I saw live, or on YouTube.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/beached-boys-show-theyre-just-washed-up-20120903-25ahp.html
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 12:27:40 PM »

That article is a disgrace to journalism. It has bad style and is simply mean-spirited. Also, not a single word on the music itself is dropped. It reads as if an ignorant 14-year-old wrote it:

The Beach Boys' former creative force, Brian Wilson, is 70 but seemed closer to 90, sitting slumped and stony-faced throughout the show and looking, in portly profile, like a cross between Homer Simpson and Mr Burns.
Roll Eyes

Fortunately, nobody close to the BBs music (or close to decent journalism, for that matter) could this "article" seriously.

guild93
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 09:16:56 PM »

At the bottom of the article it says (in relation to the article itself): "Reccomended: 0"
Thats says it all really! I went to the Melbourne show and loved it. Only took 50 years to see them for the 1st time haha.

Luke
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx