gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 06:07:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why no studio version of 'You Are So Beautiful' ?  (Read 1247 times)
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2012, 07:21:06 AM »

I was just wondering when watching the Knebworth concert recently, why was this song not recorded by Dennis in 1974, for POB/Bambu, or last but not least; why did they not do a studio version of this for L.A Light? It would fit with the mature theme of that album, and could easily make the cut by putting the single version of HCTN on the album, thereby making the album better overall?
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 07:38:22 AM »

You've seen this right? One of my favourite shouldn't-even-exist  Beach Boy moments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iMiOJZyOnM

If you listen reeeeeeeeaaaaaly hard, you can hear a faint voice in there singing along, very briefly… quite possibly Dennis himself.

And it occurs, just watching it… lot of trouble to go to, to have someone arrange a score, getting a large bunch of musicians together like that, rehearsing them… maybe Dennis did record a tantalisingly brief version like this, in the studio.

If so, I'm not sure I want to know until the very day it's released, sprung upon us. Can't help but think it'd be too gorgeous for words. Maybe, one day…

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 01:08:09 PM »

maybe Dennis did record a tantalisingly brief version like this, in the studio.

If he did, no-one's found it in some 14 years of the archives being trawled and cataloged.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 01:32:30 PM »

maybe Dennis did record a tantalisingly brief version like this, in the studio.

If he did, no-one's found it in some 14 years of the archives being trawled and cataloged.

wonder if this is something that Christine McVie might have under her pillow  Roll Eyes

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx