gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 12:19:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Album  (Read 10558 times)
StillSurfin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2014, 02:13:30 PM »

My first album was Bad (on cassette). I prefer MJ's earlier work with his brothers and "Off The Wall" as they are more Soul/Soul-Pop.

Scream
They Don't Care About Us
Stranger In Moscow - I think in the top 5 songs of his career.
Morphine - intensely personal and I think a hell of an influence on The Weeknd and recent dark R&B.
2 Bad - sounds so much better up front and alongside songs with a connected mood.
Superfly Sista
This Time Around
Tabloid Junkie
Money
Earth Song - I think undoubtedly his best cause song and production partially because of the sinister tone.
Blood on the Dance Floor
Come Together
D.S.
Ghost - Of all the great stuff they did together, this is probably my favourite Teddy Riley collaboration.
Is It Scary
You Are Not Alone - after getting away from the time when this was everywhere at all times, it is possible to appreciate how ridiculously smooth and accomplished a track it is.
History

I think that's a good track listing for "HIStory", here's what mine would be (not including BOTD):

1. HIStory (maybe a mix without the historical references to be more 'radio friendly')
2. They Don't Care 'Bout Us
3. Stranger in Moscow
4. Come Together
5. This Time Around
6. Scream
7. D.S.
8. Money
9. Earth Song
10. 2 Bad
11. Tabloid Junkie
12. You Are Not Alone

'Smile' is a good song and one of my favourites by MJ, but I wasn't sure if it fit in with the more 'modern' sound which the songs I selected do.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx