gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:53:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 69: Allphones Arena - Sydney, AU 8/30/12  (Read 54317 times)
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2012, 03:31:24 PM »

Info

5 more shows completes the entire 2012 Celebration Tour....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:34:12 PM by Justin » Logged
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 03:44:42 PM »

I will be there! Back stage passes for us as well. One more sleep!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 07:04:44 AM »

Facebook:

Brian being interviewed in Australia

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 01:45:03 PM »

A big night at the Orient Hotel last night, I'll let others tell their stories.

For those who didn't catch the plans for this afternoon we are going to meet up at the Novotel Hotel at Homebush at 5pm. The Novotel is around 800m from the venue.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 09:42:02 PM »

Filming for the documentary starts at 4pm at Allphones - get there ASAP and get your head in the shot. Nelson has asked us to put the call out for volunteers.
Youre Under Arrest
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 07:10:18 AM »

Just came back from the show. Absolutely fantastic, like no other experience. The boys were smoking! All the vocals were fantastic, especially Al's. David's leads were out of this world. 52 songs and I loved each and every moment.

On a sad note, Brian looked as docile as ever. It's too bad this is the last time the boys as a group will really ever tour again, they were amazing.

I have to commend Mike's, Al's and Bruce's showmanship, they were so professional. Brian was good in introducing Carl and Dennis. David should have had more of a part, I did love his leads and his lead vocal on Getcha Back.

Awesome show.

"My name is Brian and I'm the man, I write hit songs with the wave of my hand" - Brian Wilson

Not only was Brian a musical genius, but he was a real cool head, making real good bread.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 07:13:22 AM »

Just came back from the show. Absolutely fantastic, like no other experience. The boys were smoking! All the vocals were fantastic, especially Al's. David's leads were out of this world. 52 songs and I loved each and every moment.

On a sad note, Brian looked as docile as ever. It's too bad this is the last time the boys as a group will really ever tour again, they were amazing.

I have to commend Mike's, Al's and Bruce's showmanship, they were so professional. Brian was good in introducing Carl and Dennis. David should have had more of a part, I did love his leads and his lead vocal on Getcha Back.

Awesome show.
What fucking show were you watching?

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 07:17:55 AM »

Awesome show.
On a sad note what in fucks name are you fucking talking about.. :? Brian had his best night in years according to REAL fans and band members sung backing killed the leads your a fucking drop kick.

Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
Youre Under Arrest
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 07:28:44 AM »

Awesome show.
On a sad note what in f***s name are you f***ing talking about.. :? Brian had his best night in years according to REAL fans and band members sung backing killed the leads your a f***ing drop kick.

Ehh, calm down their, fella. Didn't say he sounded bad. He just looked really complacent.

"My name is Brian and I'm the man, I write hit songs with the wave of my hand" - Brian Wilson

Not only was Brian a musical genius, but he was a real cool head, making real good bread.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 07:32:10 AM »

Awesome show.
On a sad note what in f***s name are you f***ing talking about.. :? Brian had his best night in years according to REAL fans and band members sung backing killed the leads your a f***ing drop kick.

Ehh, calm down their, fella. Didn't say he sounded bad. He just looked really complacent.
well I reckon I have seen Brian more than you andI dont wanna sound arrogant but uour a muppet. he was THE MOST ANIMATED WE EXPERIENCED FANS HAVE EVER SEEN

Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
Youre Under Arrest
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 07:33:50 AM »

Awesome show.

well I reckon I have seen Brian more than you andI dont wanna sound arrogant but uour a muppet. he was THE MOST ANIMATED WE EXPERIENCED FANS HAVE EVER SEEN

You really ARE Australian, you're drunk off your arse.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 07:35:29 AM »

Awesome show.

Pretty par for the course for Brian. He has looked that way through the whole tour. Also, I wouldn't bank on this being the last tour just yet.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 07:40:17 AM »

Awesome show.

On a sad note I am not drunk I am driving home slowly dropping friends of..

Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
Youre Under Arrest
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 07:41:48 AM »

Awesome show.

On a sad note I am not drunk I am driving home slowly dropping friends of..

Could have fooled me.

mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 07:51:37 AM »

I thought Brian was a bit up and down. I think his performance in the second set was better than the first. On stuff like H&V, IJWMFTT, Sail On Sailor etc..

I haven't really been following the set lists so it was a pleasant surprise to hear David on Getcha Back and I thought he did a stellar job. Overall a great performance especially from Al who I had never seen before.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 11:24:14 AM »

Facebook:

The 'Boys singing "Add Some Music" on Aussie TV

Here's an interview video with the Boys:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-30/beach-boys-get-around-again/4234490?section=sport
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:30:42 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Paulos
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 12:08:49 PM »

Awesome show.

NURSE! Mr Ayteen Voth'may forgot to take his medication...
Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 12:53:04 PM »

Bruce is wearing the shortest gosh-darned shorts I've ever seen him wear in that video interview. Sheesh.

"I'm in a band. We're called the Beach Boys." ~ Brian Wilson
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 01:10:18 PM »

Oi.  "Experienced fan" here, seen Brian every Australian tour since '99, usually multiple times, still coming down from the high of the show.

Brian was clearly having an off day at first -- back pain, clipped vocals, fairly slumped, offstage even before the band finished the final chord of IGA.  By the second set, though, he was much more into it -- doing his full dance moves on "Sail On Sailor", singing a great IJWMFTT and earning a standing ovation for "Good Vibrations", and absolutely nailing both the tracks off the new album.  Heck, he even sang some of the choruses on "Kokomo"!

The rest of the group was top-notch -- Mike was in great form (his description of them as a "used rock group" was a delight), but Al was the breakout star (the crowd let out an "awww!" of delight when "Then I Kissed Her" kicked off, and he got huge responses to "Come Go With Me" and "Cotton Fields").

And David Marks is unspeakably cool.  What he did to "Pet Sounds" was like watching the Venus De Milo get up and dance.  That thing *swung*!

Lots lots more from the before-show and after-show stuff later, when I've recovered.

Oh, and I've got the setlist in my bag; it's *53* songs.  Details when I wake up.  But Scott Totten absolutely nailed "Let Him Run Wild", made it his own...

Cheers,
Jon Blum
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:11:38 PM by Jonathan Blum » Logged
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 03:33:35 PM »

Awoken and refreshed!!

Grin

Brian was on last night, big time, a few botched vocals and timing (false start on TWGMTR scotched the miming theory), most of his hiccups were minor. Sail On Sailor was fantastic but IJWFTT was spectacular, Brian nailed it with a great contribution from Al. I'm not sure what people's expectations are of Brian, surely by now fans of the band know the story and whys and why nots.

Al is the MAN! His voice is fantastic especially on Cottonfields and Then I Kissed Her.

Bruce was high in the mix and his vocals a bit strained (especially on Wendy) but that's not a surprise given the night before ...  Wink

Dave is Mr Cool

Mike Mr Showmanship.

The band ... FANTASTIC ... as usual.

Thought the first set went a bit flat around the Good Timin' and Ballad Of Ol' Betsy section. Betsy should be dropped, it sucked the vibe out of the room, toss it and bring back This Whole World (or Surf's Up - the band want to do it). Second set was awesome with the Pet Sounds >>> SMiLE >>> Carl And The Passions >>> Holland opening and then just rollicking along to the encore.

The girlfriend made me dance to Fun x 3 and singalong and sway to Kokomo ... To my surprise I don't feel dirty for doing so and the world didn't end so my karma must still be good.

Man, Marc and his crew are filming the bejebus out of everything that moves on this tour, there are three DVD productions in the works ... this is going to be spectacular. Also the video feed within the venue from Marc's crew was fantastic.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 03:54:21 PM »

Awesome, 3 DVD's, wow  Shocked

I've been hearing great things about this show on here and twitter..

Was it a sell out? That's a massive arena

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 03:59:25 PM »

Awesome, 3 DVD's, wow  Shocked

I've been hearing great things about this show on here and twitter..

Was it a sell out? That's a massive arena

I reckon about 75% to 80% capacity - I certainly didn't expect a crowd on that size.

Which reminds me - one thing from last night was the volume of the crowd singalong when songs were being played. Amazing! Not just the usual song a long songs, it was every song (except All This IS That)  Grin
RickD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 04:09:02 PM »

Awoken and refreshed

and so you should be!!

A few others wouldn't be saying that just yet. I wonder when the pub last had a Kiwi Haka at 3.00 a.m.

I've got what looks like a pretty reasonable video of Let Him Run Wild I'll put up when I get home  - if you are reading Scott, absolutely brilliant, as is Darian's Darlin. I'm glad they spread a few songs around.

Great, great show last night, and some great social activities as well!! Thanks Tony and everyone else who made it a great couple of days.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 04:24:52 PM »

I love Bruce's reaction to Brian calling GOK a "good song".  Grin
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 05:15:33 PM »

What the hell! Seeing no one else has done it I'll be the pubescent 15 year old!

Hee hee, wez wuz show 69 .... hee hee ... 69 ...

At least Dennis would have appreciated that one!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx