gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 06:43:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Swedish Frog's First Ever Instrumental - Laurel Leaves (Once I'm Gone)  (Read 1189 times)
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2012, 09:24:24 AM »

Hi, guys!

For the first time ever I've decided to record a backing track and it turned out to be a haunting slow ballad. Smiley I've probably made every mistake possible, so I appreciate your opinions and feedback.

Link to faster version:
http://soundcloud.com/swedish-frog/laurel-leaves-faster-version
Link to slow version: http://soundcloud.com/swedish-frog/laurel-leaves-instrumental

Here is the structure:

Haunting intro
Verse
Verse + short chorus
Verse
Verse + short chorus
Beautiful outro

Cheesy

Please let me know what you think!  Roll Eyes If this song's unsuccessful the bank will forclosure my house and reposess my Volvo.

And we don't want that to happen.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 12:21:23 PM by Swedish Frog » Logged

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 10:12:52 AM »

I like your opening chord progression, it's basically in the format of many 50's doo wop songs. Might as well be alternate version of In The Still Of The Night! I dig the feeling and sound tho, gj! Smokin
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 10:17:07 AM »

Here is a faster version for those who like car chases and skydiving: http://soundcloud.com/swedish-frog/laurel-leaves-faster-version

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 10:30:47 AM »

I like your opening chord progression, it's basically in the format of many 50's doo wop songs. Might as well be alternate version of In The Still Of The Night! I dig the feeling and sound tho, gj! Smokin
Thank you! Since this is the first time I work with chords I tried to keep it as simple as possible, so I wrote it in C major.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx