gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:25:59 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Forum Re-Design and Moderation  (Read 44670 times)
zachrwolfe
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2014, 06:32:33 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:07:58 PM by zatch » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2014, 06:36:03 PM »

Hang on, this is the problem I'm having:

I have to admit, I'm not sure which folders to extract or something. I'm really bad at stuff like that  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 06:37:17 PM by Love Surrounds Me » Logged
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2014, 06:39:21 PM »

Chrome disabled it.

Delete it (click the garbage can to the right of it), go to the top of the page and click the "developer mode" box, and then drag the extension back into the page.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2014, 06:40:16 PM »

Chrome disabled it.

Delete it (click the garbage can to the right of it), go to the top of the page and click the "developer mode" box, and then drag the extension back into the page.

Okay, It's working now! Thanks!
zachrwolfe
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2014, 12:29:40 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:07:54 PM by zatch » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2014, 12:50:28 AM »

Glad to know it's working for you guys. I'm going to try to at least add support for blocking blocked users private messages, fix that bug where the blocking toggle shows up unexpectedly and hopefully it will be a helpful contribution to the board. Hats off to Google for making it so simple to program extensions. I certainly did not expect to get a usable result that quickly.

I think you've always been able to block PM's by a certain user. I've done that to one member.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2014, 09:04:39 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:07:46 PM by zatch » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2014, 09:48:06 PM »

Glad to know it's working for you guys. I'm going to try to at least add support for blocking blocked users private messages, fix that bug where the blocking toggle shows up unexpectedly and hopefully it will be a helpful contribution to the board. Hats off to Google for making it so simple to program extensions. I certainly did not expect to get a usable result that quickly.

I think you've always been able to block PM's by a certain user. I've done that to one member.

Of course. Forgot about that. I'm thinking of making the extension hide the users profile picture, signature, etc. to make their posts more low-key and unnoticeable until you unhide their post. What do the users think (all two of you)?

Go ahead. I'm fine with it.

Though I wonder what Billy, TRBB and SMiLE Holland think about all this?
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2014, 11:34:20 PM »

I don't use chrome, but if it means I can block posts from certain people, I will GLADLY make the switch. I love the discussion here, but there are just one or two who drive me absolutely up the wall.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2014, 11:36:19 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:07:38 PM by zatch » Logged
zachrwolfe
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2014, 11:41:56 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:07:34 PM by zatch » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2014, 11:52:01 PM »

I've noticed that whenever I get off Chrome and get back on, the app is disabled. It's not a big deal, and I can just re-install it easily. But it does get quite tedious.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2014, 12:07:29 AM »

Here's what you're gonna want to do:

• Delete the extension
  • Download the .zip file that Zach offered
  • Open the .zip file, highlight all the files, and drag and drop them into a new folder
  • Put the folder where it's somewhere easy to find (like your desktop) and name it something recognizable (like unpacked extension)
  • Go to the extensions page (chrome://extensions) and click the developer box at the top right of the page
  • Click the "load unpacked extension" button
  • Using the window that pops up, find the folder (on your desktop, perhaps?)
  • Click that folder and hit okay (ignore _MACOSX if you're not a Mac user)
  • It should now be in your list of apps - make sure it's enabled - and it won't go away or be disabled
  • Chrome will occasionally advise you to disable the app for your safety, but just ignore that warning as it's obviously not going to harm your computer

And there it is.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 12:36:27 AM by Wuvvly Babes » Logged
zachrwolfe
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2014, 12:13:28 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:07:30 PM by zatch » Logged
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2014, 01:29:51 AM »

I've noticed both here and elsewhere on the board that Zach is very, very generous with his time, talent and expertise. Thank you, Zach.

Please delete my account
zachrwolfe
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2014, 12:24:12 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:06:33 PM by zatch » Logged
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2014, 07:35:54 PM »

Today, I have blocked myself.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2014, 11:26:04 PM »

A feature where you can like people's posts would be wicked!

An added bonus would be that it would largely eliminate the need to post stuff like "Agreed", so it can save space on the forum.
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2014, 08:49:58 AM »

I'd like a feature that lets you know what posts are new within the thread since last visited.

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2015, 08:34:45 PM »

Can we have an option to embed videos in our posts?

Also, when I'm in the sandbox, and I click the little blue "new" box, it never takes me to the actual new message. The button just always takes me to the OP.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2015, 03:56:46 AM »

I wholeheartedly endorse BAmBU Dennis's argument for having a "like" feature and Bubbly Waves' video embedding option. :=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2015, 07:07:05 AM »

I'd like a new section just for the discussion of equipment - sound systems, instruments, headphones, etc.

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2015, 12:56:27 PM »

Is there a reason why the bricks don't always show up in the bg of the "bricks" theme? They seem to be coming and going these days... For all I know, it could be a browser extension on my end; but last night I saw a photo of an unknown person (repeated over and over) in place of the bricks while using an iPad with Safari, so I'm wondering if it's something else.

I use the bricks theme because it's light-colored. My aging eyes have problems reading light text on a dark background.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2015, 01:16:29 PM »

Is there a reason why the bricks don't always show up in the bg of the "bricks" theme? They seem to be coming and going these days... For all I know, it could be a browser extension on my end; but last night I saw a photo of an unknown person (repeated over and over) in place of the bricks while using an iPad with Safari, so I'm wondering if it's something else.

I use the bricks theme because it's light-colored. My aging eyes have problems reading light text on a dark background.

I don't use that brick theme, but I use Safari on my iPad as well, and recognise your problem. From time to time smileys, other icons, buttons, or avatars move to other places on the screen. As if they're randomly reshuffled.
No clue why it happens.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2015, 01:33:58 PM »

iPad Safari user here as well - can confirm the annoying emoticon/icon/avatar glitches. In the 4 years I've been using the iPad, Smiley Smile is the only website that I've had this problem with. Fortunately it's not a big deal for me; it's almost humorous given that AGD's avatar shows up as a laughing smiley face half the time!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx