gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680756 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 02:58:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Made in California" Box Set  (Read 319792 times)
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: November 13, 2012, 12:17:56 PM »

No, no, I've certainly noticed that Oasis sounds like a second rate Beatles. Still, evening using "straight" to mean "heterosexual", "I like my Beatles straight" makes sense as an insult towards Oasis.

OK, you want to see me really pissed off ? Congratulations, you've just pressed all the correct buttons.

Listen you rampant f***wit, I DIDN'T USE THE WORD STRAIGHT TO MEAN HETEROSEXUAL, BUT UNDILUTED. Can your pea sized brain grasp this concept, or are you so hooked up on finding fault with everything I post that its rendered you mentally impotent ? More to the point, can you actually read, or does Mummy do it for you ?

One more time, slowly, in the (vain) hope that you'll eventually grasp this most basic of linguistic concepts -  Oasis sound like The Beatles. Got that ? Therefore I made the mildly amusing observation that, regarding them, I preferred my Beatles straight, that is, undiluted from the original, or in other words, I prefer the original to a second-rate bunch of impersonators. Got that too ? Nope, thought not, because it's from me and thus viewed through a red mist of bias.

You accuse me of being homophobic. I'll readily agree I'm irascible, short-tempered, arrogant, at times pompous, condescending and quick to pounce and trivial errors or gaps in knowledge. And those are my good qualities. But one thing I am, IRL, is tolerant, at least until it's proven to me that I'm being taken advantage of. I have no problem with anyone's sexual orientation, unless they try to ram it down my throat (inelegant phrase, and one open to jokes of a lewd nature, but you get my point...) or insist that only gays are truly creative. What I am hideously intolerant of is people who either put words in my mouth or twist what I have said. Like you just did, for whatever arcane reasons of your own.

I do get what you're saying. I didn't at the time I made my original post on this subject because "straight" has multiple definitions, one of which means heterosexual (that's the one I originally thought you meant), which still fits in "I prefer my Beatles straight".

I realized upon your first response that you meant "undiluted" and I'm sorry I misinterpreted you. We're just repeating ourselves ad infinitum because you don't seem to understand that I get you. I don't see what you're still going on about.

Seriously, if you're not gay, or leaning that way... why so bothered ? Wirestone hasn't said word one, and he's pretty active on that front (and rightfully so).

I still don't see how this is at all relevant. I'm against hate speech, whether it is intended to offend me personally or not.

STFU!!!
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1301 on: November 13, 2012, 12:25:50 PM »

01 Kiss Me Baby (Stereo Track)
02 In The Back Of My Mind (Stereo Track)
03 Mona-Kani
04 Big Sur (1970)
05 Seasons In The Sun
06 (Wouldn't It Be Nice) To Live Again
07 Beatrice From Baltimore
08 Any early 70's live soundboard recordings
09 California Beach
10 Still Cruisin' (demo)

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: November 13, 2012, 12:40:10 PM »

Little experiment - try going to an Oasis forum and introducing The Beach Boys into any thread there. Somehow I doubt they'd be as polite as we've been here.

As for the band themselves - hugely overrated. Always preferred my Beatles straight.

Oasis are better than the Beatles.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: November 13, 2012, 12:59:17 PM »

if i take the best oasis albums (ie the first 2), i really don't hear anything overly beatles in them than any other british band of the 90s.  actually i think that continues through out their career.  Yeah the have beatles-y moments, and they're open with their obsessions, but i don't think the gallagher's were just a beatles rip. 
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: November 13, 2012, 01:01:16 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcOJu0g8dbw this one is the worst, this is Liam's solo project and this song sounds almost exactly like Instant Karma.

which is why i suspect it was never on any Oasis albums.  Btw that album isn't a Liam solo project, he wrote 4-5 tracks, the rest of the band had theirs too.  The Roller isn't a gallagher song.  Odd thing about that album is Liam's songs are far and ahead the best tracks on it.  The rest of the band brought tracks like the roller *shudder*
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: November 13, 2012, 01:20:10 PM »

When the %^%$@$ did it start to become a bad thing sounding like the Beatles? Geez!

Oasis is not a tribute band, neither are they second rate. They are very obviously influenced by the Beatles, but that doesn't make them bad, or less talented songwriters.
Regardless of Andrew's 'ignorance' (Wink) towards Oasis, his initial comment was quite obviously not homophobic, in fact, I thought Aegir was joking with his reply.

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: November 13, 2012, 01:41:00 PM »

09 California Beach

would this be considered a BB track or Mike Love/Adrian Baker with the backup band?

or am I thinking of a different track?

would this be a good time to remember "Surfer Suzie"  the decent cover of "At The Hop" and "Goin to the Beach"?

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: November 13, 2012, 01:50:01 PM »

Screw the boxset. All I want is an audio recording of Bruce' reaction to Obama winning the election. He mad now I bet.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 01:52:08 PM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: November 13, 2012, 01:56:18 PM »

Screw the boxset. All I want is an audio recording of Bruce' reaction to Obama winning the election. He mad now I bet.

Disc 1: [Hidden Track] Bruce in Apes*it Mode
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 01:57:09 PM by mrmoustachioto » Logged

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1309 on: November 13, 2012, 02:11:03 PM »

I'm going to close this thread. I said to keep this on topic, and many of you basically just sh*t in my face by keeping talking about fucking Oasis. Thank you for the complete lack of respect.

As for the alleged homophobic comment...get your head out of your ass. There was nothing of the sort.

Not having the greatest of days to begin with, and to be disrespected like this was the last thing I needed.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx