gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 07:13:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Made in California" Box Set  (Read 319669 times)
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1150 on: November 07, 2012, 08:52:16 AM »

It involves Bruce's knees. Trust me, you're all better off waiting.

Shudder.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 07, 2012, 08:59:39 AM »

It involves Bruce's knees. Trust me, you're all better off waiting.

Shudder.
Its definitely an HP Lovecraft level of horror.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: November 07, 2012, 09:00:36 AM »

Except... there is no information.

There is always information. The trick lies in knowing how to access it.  Grin

I see.... knowing how to access it, eh?

hmmm...

I wonder...

Hey AGD, what's up with the boxset?  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1153 on: November 07, 2012, 09:31:21 AM »

It's delayed. Apparently.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: November 07, 2012, 09:37:14 AM »

It's delayed. Apparently.

WHAT! WHEN DID WE GET TOLD THIS!!!

(I'm Joking Obviously LOL)

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: November 07, 2012, 10:24:02 AM »

You know that old saying "No news is good news"? What a load of bullshit!!

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 07, 2012, 03:56:49 PM »

We're getting info next week.

Hoping this is/was true !
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 07, 2012, 04:20:12 PM »

CAPITOL GIMME MY GODAMN BOX SET

Yeah, what's scoop on this release?  I'm not down with combing through 47 pages today to find the answer.   Grin

Maybe the OP could update his first post with the vitals?

What's on the first page is all we got.

Yes, it has been 47 pages of nothing!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 08, 2012, 01:03:22 AM »

I'm afraid we're stuck in a 'Free Beer Tomorrow' kind of situation.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 08, 2012, 01:35:36 AM »

So you haven't had a beer while you've been waiting?  In all this time? I find that hard to believe…

“We live in divisive times.”
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 08, 2012, 01:49:59 AM »

So you haven't had a beer while you've been waiting?  In all this time? I find that hard to believe…

LOL well, I paid for them.

over and over
Smiley Smile Associate

Help you in whatever you do

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 08, 2012, 12:32:25 PM »

BEER!!!!

"Give me a break, I'm trying something new." - Brian Wilson
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1162 on: November 08, 2012, 02:56:39 PM »

I haven't really bothered thinking about this release. I'm actually hoping it comes out later on, at a time when I'm less broke Grin

Yeah, I was slowly banking up money behind other purchases, but then I went a bought Oasis's Familiar To Millions on Vinyl, and those of you who know will know my cash has just been rapidly depleted...

You FOOL. I'd rather pay Ł70-225 to listen to a specially recorded tape of Boris Johnson insulting and mocking me to the very inner core of my soul than that record!

Each to their own I guess. Either that or I'm an obsessive collector.

Even as an Oasis fan, that is a real poor live show. Anyway, back on topic...

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 08, 2012, 05:58:53 PM »

Hell, nothing is happening on this thread so I invite y'all to chat about the merits of Oasis live records as a sideline. Revisiting my yoof...

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 08, 2012, 06:11:23 PM »

I haven't really bothered thinking about this release. I'm actually hoping it comes out later on, at a time when I'm less broke Grin

Yeah, I was slowly banking up money behind other purchases, but then I went a bought Oasis's Familiar To Millions on Vinyl, and those of you who know will know my cash has just been rapidly depleted...

You FOOL. I'd rather pay Ł70-225 to listen to a specially recorded tape of Boris Johnson insulting and mocking me to the very inner core of my soul than that record!

Each to their own I guess. Either that or I'm an obsessive collector.

Even as an Oasis fan, that is a real poor live show. Anyway, back on topic...

Of all the outstanding and legendary live performances they have done, that is definitely not the one i would have pick the be the only live album, i don't even think i would pick one from that era.. but as for the performance itself, it's alright and enjoyable.. but i wouldn't even bother getting it on cd, so as for the vinyl...
(and don't think i'm hatin' on them, i'm a huge Oasis fan and saw them 3 times, one of them was their last show  in France, played Roll With It, My Big Mouth.. was so good, Noel actually rehearsed Gas Panic, i wish they would have play that one live, SOTSOG has some cool stuff)
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 08, 2012, 09:47:06 PM »

mad fer it.

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 08, 2012, 10:49:27 PM »

Hell, nothing is happening on this thread so I invite y'all to chat about the merits of Oasis live records as a sideline. Revisiting my yoof...

Big B-Side fan, especially 'Lets All Make Believe' (Mainly since it's not on The Masterplan)

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 09, 2012, 02:08:44 AM »

Big B-Side fan, especially 'Lets All Make Believe' (Mainly since it's not on The Masterplan)

Talking about B-sides (albeit on the MP), 'Half the World Away' is great. Their Pachelbel-fueled 'Whatever' is not too shabby either.
To me, the best Oasis albums are Morning Glory and Be Here Now - I truly love those albums.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 02:30:50 AM by tansen » Logged

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 09, 2012, 02:18:17 AM »

Talking about B-sides (albeit on the MP), 'Half the World Away' is great. They're Pachelbel-fueled 'Whatever' is not too shabby either.
To me, the best Oasis albums are Morning Glory and Be Here Now - I truly love those albums.
"Whatever" is Pachelbel-fuelled via The Rutles' "How Sweet To Be An Idiot"  Smiley
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 09, 2012, 04:47:51 AM »

Talking about B-sides (albeit on the MP), 'Half the World Away' is great. They're Pachelbel-fueled 'Whatever' is not too shabby either.
"Whatever" is Pachelbel-fuelled via The Rutles' "How Sweet To Be An Idiot"  Smiley
I've only seen Oasis once in Nov 95 at Earls Ct and Liam was in top form. I queued from 11am and got down the front. There were even crowd surfers during the Bootleg Beatles support slot-had an amazing time. Then a few weeks later I went and saw Blur who made Oasis look like amateurs. My favourite Oasis song full stop is a bside-Masterplan.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: November 09, 2012, 05:43:48 AM »

If anyone had told me a couple of weeks ago that a thread on a potentially very exciting new BBs box set would be hijacked and mutate quickly into an Oasis thread, I would have proposed to said person that he/she would do well to get committed into a good mental clinic, and trust him/herself to warm, understanding doctors and nurses.

Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 09, 2012, 05:53:04 AM »

I have no inside information at all, and this is just a gut feeling, but I don't think this box set is going to come out at all. I think it has crashed and burned.

I just have this feeling, like I had in the 2003 ALCS, when Grady Little came out to the mound and let Pedro Martinez stay in the game. I just knew right then that the Yankees were going to come back and win. I have that same sick feeling in my stomach about this box set.

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 09, 2012, 05:59:56 AM »

If anyone had told me a couple of weeks ago that a thread on a potentially very exciting new BBs box set would be hijacked and mutate quickly into an Oasis thread, I would have proposed to said person that he/she would do well to get committed into a good mental clinic, and trust him/herself to warm, understanding doctors and nurses.
LOL, you should do stand up comedy.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 09, 2012, 06:30:23 AM »

… the 2003 ALCS, when Grady Little came out to the mound and let Pedro Martinez stay in the game. I just knew right then that the Yankees were going to come back and win …

What language is this?

Have faith, have hope. I thought SMiLE had crashed and burned in '67 but a little faith and patience paid off.

Erm…

“We live in divisive times.”
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 09, 2012, 06:56:58 AM »

… the 2003 ALCS, when Grady Little came out to the mound and let Pedro Martinez stay in the game. I just knew right then that the Yankees were going to come back and win …

What language is this?

Have faith, have hope. I thought SMiLE had crashed and burned in '67 but a little faith and patience paid off.

Erm…

Indeed. After the success of The Smile Sessions, no way does Capitol not release this boxset.
_____

This set had better have a high quality 'Drip Drop' on it....or I'm gonna be mad.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx