gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:39:36 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Made in California" Box Set  (Read 318082 times)
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2012, 10:34:11 AM »

German Amazon's tracklisting for 50 Big Ones indicates that Darlin' and Wild Honey will be in stereo.

http://www.amazon.de/Greatest-Hits-Ones-Limited-Edition/dp/B008LA7RH0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346256576&sr=8-1
Also interesting that I Get Around, Help Me Rhonda and Fun Fun Fun are all still in mono but Do You Wanna Dance and Barbara Ann use their new 2012 stereo mixes.  Just to be 100% sure, I Get Around and Help Me Rhonda were remixed into stereo (as best as they could) on the new All Summer Long and SDSN CDs right?  Are they clearly inferior mixes to the usual mono ones?

They are extraction mixes, and would stick out a mile on the comp.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 29, 2012, 10:40:27 AM »

German Amazon's tracklisting for 50 Big Ones indicates that Darlin' and Wild Honey will be in stereo.

http://www.amazon.de/Greatest-Hits-Ones-Limited-Edition/dp/B008LA7RH0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346256576&sr=8-1
Also interesting that I Get Around, Help Me Rhonda and Fun Fun Fun are all still in mono but Do You Wanna Dance and Barbara Ann use their new 2012 stereo mixes.  Just to be 100% sure, I Get Around and Help Me Rhonda were remixed into stereo (as best as they could) on the new All Summer Long and SDSN CDs right?  Are they clearly inferior mixes to the usual mono ones?  I guess the stereo Fun Fun Fun wasn't kept because of that horrible fade out.

It also indicates a 2012 stereo mix for Heroes and Villains, which means this is yet another stereo mix attempt (unless it's a typo and is the 2011 mix).  Very cool to see the two Wild Honey tracks in stereo, can't wait to hear them.

They probably didn't want to have anything with digital extractions on the compilation, which would explain why IGA and HMR aren't in "stereo".
H&V is probably the 2012 stereo mix that appears/will appear on the Smiley Smile remaster.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 29, 2012, 11:52:40 AM »

Also interesting that I Get Around, Help Me Rhonda and Fun Fun Fun are all still in mono but Do You Wanna Dance and Barbara Ann use their new 2012 stereo mixes.  Just to be 100% sure, I Get Around and Help Me Rhonda were remixed into stereo (as best as they could) on the new All Summer Long and SDSN CDs right?  Are they clearly inferior mixes to the usual mono ones?  I guess the stereo Fun Fun Fun wasn't kept because of that horrible fade out.

It also indicates a 2012 stereo mix for Heroes and Villains, which means this is yet another stereo mix attempt (unless it's a typo and is the 2011 mix).  Very cool to see the two Wild Honey tracks in stereo, can't wait to hear them.
If it was a true stereo mix, it seems they used it. The songs that used digital extraction were left off and they used the original mono mix instead.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 29, 2012, 12:31:53 PM »

So...50 Big Ones suddenly becomes more appealing to the diehard fan base, no?

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2012, 12:33:47 PM »

So...50 Big Ones suddenly becomes more appealing to the diehard fan base, no?

Sure, but I'm sure they will be on the big box, too.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2012, 01:18:29 PM »

Remixed tracks?   Huh

Hopefully they mean fresh full and bright sounding mixes of old favorites (Some "first time in stereo stuff" perhaps) and not any sort of "Club Mixes" if you know what I mean?

With this band you never know?  Maybe we'll get some mash-ups of Beach Boys favorites  LOL

Here Comes The Night (Air Club feat. D. Guetta remix)
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 29, 2012, 01:25:03 PM »

btw I see all the songs from WH, Friends, 20/20, CATP, Holland, 15BO and LA are 2012 remasters. I guess all the catalogue was done and a new batch will show up sooner or later. Hope they remixed some of them too!

I feel this slight curriosity towards R&R Music, I wonder if it will be an improved single version or a remastered album version. I hope for the former!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 01:31:04 PM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 29, 2012, 01:34:02 PM »

btw I see all the songs from WH, Friends, 20/20, CATP, Holland, 15BO and LA are 2012 remasters. I guess all the catalogue was done and a new batch will show up sooner or later. Hope they remixed some of them too!

I feel this slight curriosity towards R&R Music, I wonder if it will be an improved single version or a remastered album version. I hope for the former!

I actually wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being a remix.
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 30, 2012, 05:53:43 AM »

Sure, but I'm sure they will be on the big box, too.

Don't be.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: August 30, 2012, 06:44:55 AM »

The 1976 National Album Countdown 'hot' mix - now, wouldn't that be nice ?!

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Billgoodman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2012, 11:46:12 PM »

Bertus Distribution, Holland indicates the following:

Made in California, 16 november, 6 cd's, 76 euro

Way, way cheaper than TSS!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 31, 2012, 12:37:29 AM »

Bertus Distribution, Holland indicates the following:

Made in California, 16 november, 6 cd's, 76 euro

Way, way cheaper than TSS!

Yippee! (I live in Holland, the only foreign country the BBs ever named an album after...). Will order today.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 31, 2012, 12:55:02 AM »

Isn't Bertus a wholesaler?

“We live in divisive times.”
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 31, 2012, 01:26:42 AM »

I've never heard this 'hot' mix - how is it different from the usual version (Which I am not a fan of)

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Billgoodman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 31, 2012, 02:55:39 AM »

Isn't Bertus a wholesaler?

Yes.

Sorry, I said it before in the Remasters-thread. But this is the system Dutch shops use to order cd's. The price can be anything between 90-100 euro's, with taxes.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 03, 2012, 03:44:33 AM »

I've never heard this 'hot' mix - how is it different from the usual version (Which I am not a fan of)

It's on Get The Boot 2. It's quite muddy quality, because it's ripped from the radio (prefaced by a slightly sleepy sounding Carl interview), but there's a lot more guitar, I think it's sped up, and it's very compressed and loud. Knowing B-Dub, there's probably more moog. It's existence confuses me, tbh..... why did they play it on the radio when they had a single and an album mix?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: September 03, 2012, 06:01:15 AM »

It's on Get The Boot 2. It's quite muddy quality, because it's ripped from the radio (prefaced by a slightly sleepy sounding Carl interview), but there's a lot more guitar, I think it's sped up, and it's very compressed and loud. Knowing B-Dub, there's probably more moog. It's existence confuses me, tbh..... why did they play it on the radio when they had a single and an album mix?

They didn't, is the answer - the DJ refers to the track as being from the as yet-untitled double album.

There's also an extra verse you missed.  Cheesy

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 03, 2012, 06:28:51 AM »

I was actually thinking of an all new, 2000s-era remix.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 03, 2012, 06:31:40 AM »

I was actually thinking of an all new, 2000s-era remix.

How 'bout the '76 hot mix but re-mastered? That would be the perfect solution for me!

tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 03, 2012, 06:33:36 AM »

Personally I hope no version of R&R Music make it to the box set at all. Unless of course it's the Beatles version, which wouldn't make sense at all Wink

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 03, 2012, 07:59:10 AM »

I forget how much good stuff is on Get the Boot - glad to finally have heard it - and I actually don't mind this version!

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 03, 2012, 03:03:36 PM »

Get ready folks because I guarantee there'll be some news on this box set this week. I'm away on business this week, with very limited time for "fun" stuff.  And every time that happens, something blows up with the Beach Boys. Last fall it was the audio samples of The Smile Sessions. Early this year it was the tracklist for TWGMTR.

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 03, 2012, 05:16:38 PM »

Get ready folks because I guarantee there'll be some news on this box set this week. I'm away on business this week, with very limited time for "fun" stuff.  And every time that happens, something blows up with the Beach Boys. Last fall it was the audio samples of The Smile Sessions. Early this year it was the tracklist for TWGMTR.

Actually I can back this up. When I was away in 04 Brian released BWPS; this year's breaks have seen the remastered announced and one of the London gigs. I leave home late Thursday and won't be back til Monday night at the earliest. Standby your wallets…!

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 03, 2012, 06:39:29 PM »

I have a show this week, so will essentially not be on the computer..... it has to be!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
over and over
Smiley Smile Associate

Help you in whatever you do

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 03, 2012, 08:15:22 PM »

IMO, I don't need to see the artwork. Just give a tracklist and i'm good.

"Give me a break, I'm trying something new." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx