gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 05:58:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So what exactly will the 50th Anniversary box set entail?  (Read 31057 times)
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 25, 2012, 11:59:54 PM »

Imagine = live version of the Lennon classic, lead by Mike see (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfmH2wHTQZ8)

I've seen that before and yet I still cannot comprehend its existence.

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2012, 03:35:16 PM »

Is the omitted vocal really "revelatory" in some way, or is it just "revelatory" in that it's not on the final? I don't baunderstand.

It was Brian singing the Formula for the human genome, years before the laggard scientists cracked it.

If anyone could do this, it would be Brian!!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2012, 03:59:27 PM »

What will be on the new box ?  Consider this.

In 1993, the fan world was consulted: we were urged to send in our fantasy set lists for a 4CD box, and a lot of us did. Exactly how much did that influence the final product ? More than you'd imagine. and aside from the fan lists, were it not for the personal intervention of some high-level fans, the box would have lacked "All This Is That" as well as having the incorrect version of at least one charting single (similarly, The Fairytale was almost left off the CATP/Holland 2fer until someone made a fuss and pointed out that the projected Brother Rarities 2CD set where it was slated to appear wasn't set in stone).

Time and technology has moved on: the interested parties no longer need to solicit lists when they can eavesdrop on forums and directly email people whose opinion is, rightly or wrongly, considered of some import. Or, in plain English, Capitol et al have doubtless noted our demands for selected archive tracks and/or rarities and, given that the upcoming box is a 6CD set married with an atmosphere or reconciliation, I'd personally be surprised if those tracks we've demanded most vociferously haven't been at the very least considered. This is the last time such a project can be done on this scale and above all properly. Thus far, Capitol have been batting 1.000: I hope we're in for a few treats.

Of course, I realise that some here will fine-comb the post I've just made and divine that I know what will be included and am further torturing young master Cohen by keeping this knowledge to myself (a small pleasure, but one of my few). Actually, it's mostly the product of logical thinking lightly frosted with some wishful thinking.  Smiley

Masterfully said, Lord Mr. Doe!  Masterfully said.  Sir, I take my hat off to you!

Cool Guy

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: August 28, 2012, 10:43:15 AM »

I'm guessing the box will have more than just the CDs. Maybe a book and/or some vinyl, just like in the Smile Sessions box?

Maybe some extensive session notes like C-man did for TSS?  To me, that would make it worth while.

That certainly WOULD be nice...but as of now, no one has asked me to provide session notes for this release.  Sad  Not that there's no one else equally qualified to do it, so maybe someone of such qualifications WILL.  I just haven't heard one way or another.
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 28, 2012, 11:22:02 AM »

I'm guessing the box will have more than just the CDs. Maybe a book and/or some vinyl, just like in the Smile Sessions box?

Maybe some extensive session notes like C-man did for TSS?  To me, that would make it worth while.

That certainly WOULD be nice...but as of now, no one has asked me to provide session notes for this release.  Sad  Not that there's no one else equally qualified to do it, so maybe someone of such qualifications WILL.  I just haven't heard one way or another.

And to be fair, extensive session notes really deserve their own, stand-alone book.  Ahem.
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2012, 05:42:33 PM »

+1
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx