gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:01:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Apology.  (Read 26871 times)
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2012, 10:24:32 AM »

Pretty sure we were laughing at others who were (justly) winding you up actually.

True, but at the time (and still kind of do) feel that people were just not taking it seriously, well that's just to me.

So, because you felt people weren't taking it seriously, you continued your threats and posting of pictures of dead people? What was your aim in doing that?

No, I still continued 'cause either people were taking it seriously or not, I was still mad of they way I was being treated on the forum and plus I went through problems before hand and I just snapped.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2012, 10:25:47 AM »

This is really confusing. You seemingly feared for your life because people were talking about how they looked at the information that you personally made widely available online?

I never made my info public, I thought (idk if it's true or not) People were watching my every move, what I was writing, they were using some sort of code to know my every move.

Ohhhhhhh..................
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2012, 10:26:15 AM »

This is really confusing. You seemingly feared for your life because people were talking about how they looked at the information that you personally made widely available online?

I never made my info public, I thought (idk if it's true or not) People were watching my every move, what I was writing, they were using some sort of code to know my every move.

Yep 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:28:13 AM by EthanJClarke » Logged
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2012, 10:34:05 AM »

Yep 

See? Now that was funny.
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2012, 10:37:57 AM »

Yep 

See? Now that was funny.

Yea maybe, to me it isn't really funny   Undecided
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2012, 10:39:05 AM »

All your info was public. Your site, your Tumblr, your Facebook, your email address. If someone can find the info without going through illegal means, it is public. Come on, you're not THAT demented.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2012, 10:41:04 AM »

Yep 

See? Now that was funny.

Yea maybe, to me it isn't really funny   Undecided
The code is "I write the songs"

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2012, 10:43:50 AM »

All your info was public. Your site, your Tumblr, your Facebook, your email address. If someone can find the info without going through illegal means, it is public. Come on, you're not THAT demented.

True, but is it really anyones business ? I mean come on like, I don't know any of you and people knowing my info that's none of one anyone business, whether it is public or not, pretty un fair to me if you ask me.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:48:11 AM by EthanJClarke » Logged
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2012, 10:50:58 AM »

You 'went public' in 1977, when you released that album, remember?

Anyhow, those pictures were really graphic and messed up - it's "pretty unfair" that they were posted. You expect to post that stuff on the board, get booted, and then think no one's gonna see what else you're doing on the internet out of curiosity? It's amazing you were let back on the board, I think you'd be banned for life at most any other board....and now you're arguing that it wasn't that bad? C'mon dude. You apologised and that was cool, but it doesn't mean anything if you go back on it like two weeks after you posted it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:52:07 AM by EgoHanger1966 » Logged

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2012, 10:51:39 AM »

True, but is it really anyones business ? I mean come on like, I don't know any of you and people knowing my info that's none of one anyone business, whether it is public or not, pretty un fair to me if you ask me.

Threatening people's lives and exposing them to gruesome photos is also pretty unfair if you ask me, MOTHERFUKKER.

EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2012, 10:58:40 AM »

Anyhow, those pictures were really graphic and messed up - it's "pretty unfair" that they were posted. You expect to post that stuff on the board, get booted, and then think no one's gonna see what else you're doing on the internet out of curiosity? It's amazing you were let back on the board, I think you'd be banned for life at most any other board....and now you're arguing that it wasn't that bad? C'mon dude. You apologised and that was cool, but it doesn't mean anything if you go back on it like two weeks after you posted it.

Yes i know it was bad, but the aftermath, knowing people have my personal info and could turn it on me to me isn't un fair, the reason I went back on this was because I wanted to tell my side of the story, I kind of never got the chance to.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:59:56 AM by EthanJClarke » Logged
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2012, 10:59:45 AM »

Yes i know it was bad, but the aftermath, knowing people have my personal info and could turn it on me to me isn't un fair as well

Yes, you are right, it isn't unfair.

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2012, 11:00:53 AM »

If you're looking for a shoulder to cry on I don't think you will find one in here.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2012, 11:08:27 AM »

Yes i know it was bad, but the aftermath, knowing people have my personal info and could turn it on me to me isn't un fair, the reason I went back on this was because I wanted to tell my side of the story, I kind of never got the chance to.

Nobody found any personal info. The internet is a public space not a private one. If there is information that you don't want people to have, then don't make it so that everyone can have access to it. I can assure you that no one on this site can get my facebook, my blog, etc. nor is there anyone who knows my full name.
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2012, 11:15:17 AM »

If you're looking for a shoulder to cry on I don't think you will find one in here.

I'm not trying to, I'm trying to tell my side, I've been holding it in and it hurts to know what I did, you don't know what i've been through or my problems, I've went through so much hell my 19 years, I know people are probably going to make fun of this, for what reason? I was actually threatened before I threatened here, over saying how much Drake sucks, Yes i was getting threatened over Drake  Roll Eyes, I was just so heated that when I started a new forum and someone commented on it negatively cause it was stupid, I just snapped.

I'm not trying to say what I wasn't bad, I know there consequence, I knew I was getting banned, but I didn't know was that people were looking at my personal info which is out in the public, I kind of don't like that fact people that I don't know are looking at my personal info, I don't know anyone who would do that and most people wouldn't even bother doing that, I thought after I was banned people were just going to move on, Knowing that would happen. So apologizing was the only way to end it, because of my actions and I do take the apologize very serious, No one knows what I went through, and it'll take time for forgiveness and what happened and happened and i'm just trying to start fresh but it's pretty hard after you did something like that, something I did.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 11:16:42 AM by EthanJClarke » Logged
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2012, 11:15:58 AM »

I can assure you that no one on this site can get my facebook, my blog, etc. nor is there anyone who knows my full name.

That's what you think, Bruce!!

EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2012, 11:25:07 AM »

And plus if someone else did this they'd probably never apologize or feel sorry for what they did and just go on, but I just felt terrible for what I did, whether you believe it or not. I don't expect this to go away, I just wanted to put what happened away in the past for me so I don't have to live with my actions I did every day, god knows it could've been much, much worse for me, and I know what I did was wrong and un-grateful and immature and it'll be probably what i'll be remember for on here for a while. But time heels everything  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 11:33:01 AM by EthanJClarke » Logged
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2012, 11:33:19 AM »

Honestly, it seems that you just apologized because you were scared that people on this forum could see what you were doing elsewhere on the internet. You even kinda said so in your posts above. It doesn't matter to me if you feel sorry about it, what's done was done. If you were truly, and I mean truly sorry, you wouldn't still be asking to be treated differently and realise that you have to take the flak because what you did isn't easily forgettable, especially on a Beach Boys forum.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 11:37:58 AM by EgoHanger1966 » Logged

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2012, 11:40:03 AM »

Ethan, you should probably try to move on, at this point. You apologized and explained yourself as best you can, we now know of your issues, but dragging it out further might make you look a little less sincere and further confuse some folks. Some will forgive and forget, a handful can't - nothing you can do about that. Don't bother with further explanations here, try not to acknowledge posts about it (I know it's hard), and if a good-natured "consternation" joke is thrown your way, try your best to ignore it or take it in stride. If threats are made or things get out of hand, contact a mod.

Also, throwing yourself out there under your real name and giving ease of access to your accounts and information elsewhere isn't a good move. I know it's weird that people can and will find a ton of info on you on the internet, but that's 2012 for ya, there's nothing you can do except use discretion wherever you can. Your best bet is to cover your tracks (i.e. change your tumblr URL, make your Facebook 100% private, etc.) as best you can and not post any info you wouldn't want being known or associated with you - your real name, your internet usernames, whatever.

Just Saiyan. I'm not a mod or anything, just giving a bit of advice - I've had to learn some of this stuff over time, too.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 11:41:26 AM by . » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2012, 11:42:09 AM »

Agreed with runnerz.. Also I would think about getting a forum name change too.
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2012, 11:45:10 AM »

Ethan, you should probably try to move on, at this point. You apologized and explained yourself as best you can, we now know of your issues, but dragging it out further might make you look a little less sincere and further confuse some folks. Some will forgive and forget, a handful can't - nothing you can do about that. Don't bother with further explanations here, try not to acknowledge posts about it (I know it's hard), and if a good-natured "consternation" joke is thrown your way, try your best to ignore it or take it in stride. If threats are made or things get out of hand, contact a mod.

Also, throwing yourself out there under your real name and giving ease of access to your accounts and information elsewhere isn't a good move. I know it's weird that people can and will find a ton of info on you on the internet, but that's 2012 for ya, there's nothing you can do except use discretion wherever you can. Your best bet is to cover your tracks (i.e. change your tumblr URL, make your Facebook 100% private, etc.) as best you can and not post any info you wouldn't want being known or associated with you - your real name, your internet usernames, whatever.

Just Saiyan. I'm not a mod or anything, just giving a bit of advice - I've had to learn some of this stuff over time, too.

I completely agree, thank you  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:02:34 PM by FeelsFlow » Logged
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2012, 02:58:53 PM »

You can change your name, but the stink will always remain.

SBonilla
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2012, 03:06:48 PM »

No. It means that you will continue act like a jerk when the rest have moved on.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2012, 03:40:28 PM »

No. It means that you will continue act like a jerk when the rest have moved on.

Keep blowing your little psychotic friend and be quiet.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2012, 03:56:59 PM »

Here's an idea....how 'bout I lock this and everyone chill?

I like that idea.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx