gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 06:16:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Neon Philharmonic  (Read 3291 times)
artie
« on: December 29, 2005, 11:11:33 AM »

Anyone here into  "The Moth Confesses", the lush melodic pop masterpiece by Tupper Saussy (aka Neon Philharmonic, when paired with vocalist Ron Gant)?

I think it is a bit pretentious, maybe, but otherwise it is fantastic and a joy to listen to. The old time piano playing by Saussy (especially on "Little Sparrow") adds to the charm. I have the Sundazed version with the bonus tracks, and "Heighdy Ho Princess" and "Flowers For Your Pillow" are gorgeous singles which bubbled under (actually, Princess hit #95, I believe). "Morning Girl" parts I & II are phenomenal. And the gorgeous longing of "Midsummer's Night" is potent.

Saussy then became a tax exile and wrote books. What an eclectic man. Quite talented.

Anyone??
rob68
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 09:09:41 PM »

Love it! Wish their 2nd album would come out on it's own CD, separate from that pricey Rhino Handmade anthology.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx