gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:22:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would Surfs Up have been the Greatest?  (Read 41383 times)
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2014, 06:50:32 AM »

Ha! Filledeplage has gone strangely quiet on this topic... Perhaps she looked back through her own posts and thought, 'Jesus, what am I talking about??"
Maybe she stopped because she thinks there's nothing to add further to this circular discussion.

Not really - it ended with several people directly questioning her line of thought on the subject and me asking her a perfectly reasonable question. That's leaving things up in the air, not neatly resolved. In fact, it was just getting interesting. I'm all for people having opinions but stand by what you say, don't just vanish from the conversation once people start questioning your reasoning, especially when your reasoning seems to directly contradict known facts. That's like me saying 'Dennis was actually born a girl and had a sex change' and then when people ask me what's led me to this bizarre opinion I just don't bother responding.
I thought we came to the conclusion that your poor spelling and piss-poor sentence structure led her to misunderstand what you were trying to convey?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2014, 07:29:11 AM »

Ha! Filledeplage has gone strangely quiet on this topic... Perhaps she looked back through her own posts and thought, 'Jesus, what am I talking about??"

Well, in fact you both have been strangely quiet on this topic. Please stop stretching the "I'm right, now please admit it" attitude. Filledeplage apparently has given up trying to make her point. Perhaps she gets your point, perhaps it's simply ignoring the topic because she doesn't want to stir up this discussion again and again. And by trying so, it starts becoming childish. No board rules that forbid it, but common sense also helps. Points were made, opinions differ and you both made clear you were not going to change your opinion, so now please move on.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2014, 09:55:12 AM »

Maybe she stopped because she thinks there's nothing to add further to this circular discussion.

Not really - it ended with several people directly questioning her line of thought on the subject and me asking her a perfectly reasonable question. That's leaving things up in the air, not neatly resolved. In fact, it was just getting interesting. I'm all for people having opinions but stand by what you say, don't just vanish from the conversation once people start questioning your reasoning, especially when your reasoning seems to directly contradict known facts. That's like me saying 'Dennis was actually born a girl and had a sex change' and then when people ask me what's led me to this bizarre opinion I just don't bother responding.
I thought we came to the conclusion that your poor spelling and piss-poor sentence structure led her to misunderstand what you were trying to convey?

Could you please highlight one single spelling error in my above post or on any other post in this thread for that matter? Hope you could understand that piece of Queen's English. Thanks Doctor.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:01:25 AM by Disney Boy (1985) » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2014, 10:14:14 AM »

Could you please highlight one single spelling error in my above post or on any other post in this thread for that matter? Hope you could understand that piece of Queen's English. Thanks Doctor.
Our Mod ask us to drop it and that is exactly what I intend doing.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2014, 10:17:02 AM »

In other words, there weren't any. Pretty pathetic cop out, man.

And with that - I move on...
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2014, 10:19:06 AM »

Edited.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:01:21 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
SIP Mike
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin' To The Beach!

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2014, 11:04:59 AM »

F**k you!

Brow
Very weird exchange on your part DRBB.

Music, after all, is all about lifting mood.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2014, 11:16:44 AM »

F**k you!

Brow
Very weird exchange on your part DRBB.
Indeed! I was going to edit my original post after Smile Holland's comments, as they seemed to re-stoke a fire that had already began to die out, but Disney Boy beat me to the punch and posted quoting my post, so that killed that idea. I should have just stayed out of the fray to begin with, so my apologies.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2014, 03:02:18 PM »

F**k you!

I guess i should have used capital letters... Undecided

With "move on", I meant to go back on topic, not "move on to the next off-topic heated discussion"

No more provoking, and no more personal insults, please! (and now immediately, and that also includes continuing this off-topic nonsense in the Remembering Carl Wilson thread)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 03:06:00 PM by SMiLE Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 07, 2014, 04:45:15 PM »

F**k you!

I guess i should have used capital letters... Undecided

With "move on", I meant to go back on topic, not "move on to the next off-topic heated discussion"

No more provoking, and no more personal insults, please! (and now immediately, and that also includes continuing this off-topic nonsense in the Remembering Carl Wilson thread)

Is an apology not enough for you? I rarely question you guys, but I would hope that you read my post above yours. Like I said, I was going to delete (edit) my post, but after it was quoted in Disney Boy's post, it was too late to do so. As for the Carl Wilson thread, I didn't start that off-topic stuff. Either way, Disney Boy and myself are good. No more nonsense from either of us. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 04:46:40 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 08, 2014, 01:47:52 AM »

Yes the apology is appreciated. I just wanted it to be said. You might have noticed the mods are getting a bit more soft again on the boardrules. A couple of months ago this would have caused a temporary ban or two, you know...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 01:56:14 AM by SMiLE Holland » Logged

slippingonthrough
Smiley Smile Associate

Male eagle walking down the street....

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 25, 2014, 11:55:39 PM »

My Surf's Up Album (With Lead Singers)
1. Sound Of Free (Dennis)
2. Long Promised Road (Carl)
3. Fallin' In Love (Dennis)
4. Lookin' At Tomorrow (Al)
5. Feel Flows (Carl)
6. Surf's Up (Carl/Brian)

7. Don't Go Near The Water (Mike/Al)
8. 4th Of July (Carl)
9. A Day In The Life Of A Tree (Jack Rieley)
10. Til' I Die (Brian/Group)
11. Wouldn't It Be Nice To Live Again (Dennis)
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx