-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:11:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Off-topic junk from "Those who post nonsense, threads that are one or two posts only, etc..." thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Off-topic junk from "Those who post nonsense, threads that are one or two posts only, etc..." thread  (Read 74720 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2018, 10:18:21 PM »

I would like to apologize for reviving old posts, especially those, as specified by Mr. Dunderhead, old than the third page. As a new member, I am still getting acquainted with posting culture. As a reader of several years, however, I have experienced a great deal of frustration having to red over information on the same topic in multiple threads an therefore assumed that reviving an old one by posting a response was preferable to creating a new one. As for you, RangeRoverA1, I enjoy your posts and was a bit offended, for your sake, at the claim that you revive posts for the purpose of increasing your numbers.
Thanks, glad you like my posts. Not many do. You decided to register in time when it looks like people mellowed to the issue "Posting in old threads". Hello.
Btw, welcome! Tell the reason to choose username "Buckethead". It's cool slang?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2018, 07:12:59 AM »

Thank you! "Buckethead" was what my three older brothers called me when I got a pixie haircut a 8 years old (before a family trip featuring "primitive camping" in the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico) - they thought that my head was a funny shape. I decided to own it, as use it for various on=line purposes. Why did you choose yours?
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2018, 01:39:25 PM »

I was hoping it was after the guitarist.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2018, 03:37:51 PM »

Why, I've never heard of a guitarist with the name. Just googled him- he plays with a bucket on his head!!!!  Otherwise, I've only heard it as a nickname for a particular enforcer in the mafia. What one learns on SmileySmile...
KDS
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2018, 05:53:19 AM »

Why, I've never heard of a guitarist with the name. Just googled him- he plays with a bucket on his head!!!!  Otherwise, I've only heard it as a nickname for a particular enforcer in the mafia. What one learns on SmileySmile...

Yep, he actually plays with a KFC bucket on his head.  It's a pretty dumb gimmick that overshadows his playing.   He was actually in Guns N Roses for a few years. 
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2018, 10:47:29 AM »

IMO, the gimmicks do tend to distract from the actual presentation. Another example is the Sia person from Australia. My only experience of her was
when she was a guest on Saturday Night Live. I have no recollection of what she sounded like, whether or not she was any good because I just kept thinking and saying to my kids, "WT_?" (No F word, really!) Perhaps this is my problem and I should be more open-minded. Or, perhaps, I shouldn't have to work so hard to see past the schtick? I remember Gladys Knight in an interview talking about, IIRC, then new-to-the-scene Madonna and other female singers who put so much focus on T & A and in-your-face sexuality. She said that if she had one piece of advice, it would be "let your talent speak for itself, let it be the focus."
KDS
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2018, 11:00:06 AM »

IMO, the gimmicks do tend to distract from the actual presentation. Another example is the Sia person from Australia. My only experience of her was
when she was a guest on Saturday Night Live. I have no recollection of what she sounded like, whether or not she was any good because I just kept thinking and saying to my kids, "WT_?" (No F word, really!) Perhaps this is my problem and I should be more open-minded. Or, perhaps, I shouldn't have to work so hard to see past the schtick? I remember Gladys Knight in an interview talking about, IIRC, then new-to-the-scene Madonna and other female singers who put so much focus on T & A and in-your-face sexuality. She said that if she had one piece of advice, it would be "let your talent speak for itself, let it be the focus."

With Sia, I think a lot of her music sounds quite similar to other female pop stars out there, so maybe her weird image was her way of differentiating herself from the pack.   

I think if the music is good enough, it overpowers the schtick / image.   Take Alice Cooper, KISS, or more recently, Ghost. 
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2018, 12:14:51 PM »

True that music that is good enough can overpower the schtick. I am an Alice fan. However, as a child of the 60s and 70s, I first heard his music on the radio, so the weirdness was apparent to me after the fact and had no effect on me.   
KDS
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2018, 12:27:50 PM »

True that music that is good enough can overpower the schtick. I am an Alice fan. However, as a child of the 60s and 70s, I first heard his music on the radio, so the weirdness was apparent to me after the fact and had no effect on me.   

Right, and I feel with Alice, he put the music first, and designed his show around it. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: