-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:10:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Off-topic junk from "Those who post nonsense, threads that are one or two posts only, etc..." thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Off-topic junk from "Those who post nonsense, threads that are one or two posts only, etc..." thread  (Read 74074 times)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2012, 12:46:33 AM »

this thread is about regulating posting behaviors. and someone your post about different eras of the Beach Boys ended up in it.

someone set us up the bomb, aegir ;(

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2012, 03:10:23 PM »

Smokin

And, oh yeah...sorry about using the wrong "meaningless" thread.  The title made it seem like a logical place for a "light" post.  But whatever.... I'm a rule breaker!!!  Evil Rock!

LOL

One can't be bothered to post in the right thread when they have beaches in mind.
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2012, 07:22:35 AM »

Wow, this certainly got derailed!  The train is scattered all over the countryside, and when the dust clears I don't know if I'll wanna laugh or cry! Roll Eyes
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2012, 07:52:07 AM »

this thread is about regulating posting behaviors. and someone your post about different eras of the Beach Boys ended up in it.

someone set us up the bomb, aegir ;(

LOL

That brings back memories.
Jason
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »

Wow, this certainly got derailed!  The train is scattered all over the countryside, and when the dust clears I don't know if I'll wanna laugh or cry! Roll Eyes

I forgot to lock it originally.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2012, 12:00:16 PM »

See also revived threads on same subject - a la three "which Beach Boy is best" threads, all dug up simultaneously…?

RangeRoverA1 in every case. I think he is just trying to inflate his post count because he thinks that's related to your cred here.

A common fallacy and one I have personally dis-proven.  Grin

My girlfriend told me I have a common fallacy......

RIMSHOT!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
G.C
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2013, 05:52:42 AM »

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 03:46:59 AM by Karlheinz Klopweisser » Logged
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2014, 03:36:40 PM »

Here's some off-topic "junk"...

Why does this sandbox here NOT have a piano in it?  Huh

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2015, 01:14:31 PM »

Here's some off-topic "junk"...

Why does this sandbox here NOT have a piano in it?  Huh

Because Louie and Banana kept defecating in it.  Wink
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2015, 01:05:05 PM »

Thanks for your 'quick' response Cool. Wink

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2015, 03:18:57 PM »

Wink
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2016, 11:11:08 PM »

I'd like to point out how unfortunate it is to have to refer to each other as "SS members."
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2016, 12:18:54 PM »

This is cool.

Supertramp on the way...this is neat... 'Breakfast in America' waitress Kate Murtagh is now 95 years old.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2016, 02:52:45 AM »

This is a fascinating thread. And very funny at times. Oof!----and so many names from the past...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2016, 03:05:56 AM »

You're easily fascinated. I disagree, nothing funny back there too.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2016, 03:10:38 AM »

You're easily fascinated. I disagree, nothing funny back there too.

G'day, RR. You must admit it's funnier (and infinitely more fascinating) than all that crazy Douche business. *long yawn*

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2016, 04:37:13 AM »

G'day, RR. You must admit it's funnier (and infinitely more fascinating) than all that crazy Douche business. *long yawn*
Hello - yes; I enjoyed when everybody was Jarhead but this is boring.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2016, 12:21:57 PM »

A Beatle car you rarely see. John and Yoko's mashed up Maxi in the grounds of Tittenhurst, 1969.

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2017, 05:20:29 AM »

Cool Guy
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:22:58 AM by Add Some » Logged

Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2018, 04:46:55 PM »

I would like to apologize for reviving old posts, especially those, as specified by Mr. Dunderhead, old than the third page. As a new member, I am still getting acquainted with posting culture. As a reader of several years, however, I have experienced a great deal of frustration having to red over information on the same topic in multiple threads an therefore assumed that reviving an old one by posting a response was preferable to creating a new one. As for you, RangeRoverA1, I enjoy your posts and was a bit offended, for your sake, at the claim that you revive posts for the purpose of increasing your numbers.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2018, 04:59:21 PM »

You are good, things have been slow these days...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2018, 07:04:30 PM »

I would like to apologize for reviving old posts, especially those, as specified by Mr. Dunderhead, old than the third page. As a new member, I am still getting acquainted with posting culture. As a reader of several years, however, I have experienced a great deal of frustration having to red over information on the same topic in multiple threads an therefore assumed that reviving an old one by posting a response was preferable to creating a new one. As for you, RangeRoverA1, I enjoy your posts and was a bit offended, for your sake, at the claim that you revive posts for the purpose of increasing your numbers.

Makes perfect sense to me for you, RangeRover and anybody else to revive these really old threads. Interesting to see how perspectives change over the years, particularly with threads going back to 2006.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2018, 07:08:28 PM »

I was thinking that as well. New information comes out, music/events/the word changes in the intervening years. 
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2018, 07:21:28 PM »

For example, someone in the revived John Lennon thread asked if anyone had heard John's father's record. It is now on YouTube, so BINGO!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2018, 09:52:10 PM »

Thanks, glad you like my posts. Not many do. You decided to register in time when it looks like people mellowed to the issue "Posting in old threads". Hello.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: